Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

After which game did you decide,

Which game was it for you?

When did you realise that CL wasn't the man to take this club where it belongs.

Pushing for promotion not struggling for survival!

For me it was Burnley at home, when Steve Cotterill tucked him up like a Kipper.

That was the game when all his frailties came to the fore.

He can't motivate, he's tactically naive and worst of all he doesn't make the best use of the squad available.

The christmas period for me. Hindsight has shown that there were some alarming signs going as far back as August/September this season and even last season but there is absolutely no sign of improvement recently infact we are worse than we were in October 04.

Which game was it for you?

When did you realise that CL wasn't the man to take this club where it belongs.

Pushing for promotion not struggling for survival!

For me it was Burnley at home, when Steve Cotterill tucked him up like a Kipper.

That was the game when all his frailties came to the fore.

He can't motivate, he's tactically naive and worst of all he doesn't make the best use of the squad available.

I stuck with him untill the reading game?

It wasn't the score that did it for me, it was his negative approach that tipped it for me :(

Then also norwich and palace where we lost just pushed it right over board.

No goals in 3 games aswell :(

Regretably the Norwich game which also coincided with me realising that relegation is a distinct possibility :(

Im not going to go over board with all the Levein out bollocks either im pig sick of it all to be honest.

For me it was Norwich. We pretty much dominated the game with no success and then in the second half, we seemed to revert back to hoof ball which was not working. A change needed to be made and it just didnt seem to come. Im fed up of watching teams that are there for the taking, coming away from the walkers with points. We should have beaten Crewe, Millwall and Norwich but to only have 2 points from those games is unacceptable

I stuck with him untill the reading game?

It wasn't the score that did it for me, it was his negative approach that tipped it for me :(

Then also norwich and palace where we lost just pushed it right over board.

No goals in 3 games aswell :(

Abso'focking'lutly :thumbup:

Crewe and millwall for me, combined effect of those 2 matches left me demoralized, but hey im sure we'll beat wednesday,we're long overdue it,it'll come,it always does!! the players will hopefully dig him out,theyre accountable aswell!!.....but i dont think we can afford to pay CL off!!

I decided months ago that he had to go and was roundly slaughtered on the forum and now it seems I was correct as everyone has turned on him. If I was one of his pets I'd bite him. I don't think he'll resign unless a half decent SPL job arises (Dundee Utd manager at risk I've heard). Board won't sack him as they are soft. Get used to it Div1 here we come. Who knows what the stadium will be called next year as can't see Walkers continuing sponsorship.

I was very sceptical about him from a few months ago, but the Reading game sealed it for me. After that game I was so angered that I created my sig ;)

Crewe and Millwall home games. The so called struggling teams, fail to win.

And then Levein's excuses after the last two games, "when your struggling these in form teams you don't want to be meeting".

Form doesn't come into it, we can't beat anyone in form or out of form lately.

I think he'll be here to stay though, so I'll support him and hope for a miracle change in events.

Probably Reading. How you can play 4-5-1 when you've taken just 2 points from a definately attainable 6 is beyond me, even if it is the best team in the league. You don't beat the crap teams, you must look to make up the points against the bigger sides.

Crewe and Millwall home games. The so called struggling teams, fail to win.

And then Levein's excuses after the last two games, "when your struggling these in form teams you don't want to be meeting".

Form doesn't come into it, we can't beat anyone in form or out of form lately.

I think he'll be here to stay though, so I'll support him and hope for a miracle change in events.

Yeh same here. If the board don't sack him before he starts spending money, he's here to stay, in which case we should give him our full support, also if we should be relegated he should be allowed to see his contract out and try to get us promoted.

That may seem an odd thing to say because as things stand I hope he's sacked today but if he's staying it's get behind the team time.

Mine was yesterday we just looked so poor and unlike winning it was painful, Other games we play well but lose but for yesterday that was it for me

Levein fu*k off!!!

I knew when Rotherham beat us 1-0 at the Walkers (December 2004?) that we were witnessing a disaster slowly unfold.

But it was his remarks about going 'scouting' and leaving the squad to its own devices at a time when we looked like getting sucked into last season's relegation scrap that did it for me.

I realised then that Levein placed no importance on Character, Leadership and Motivation.

Echoes of Thatcher's words about John Major sprang to mind: 'We have been deceived.'

I'm not fully convinced either way just yet, I'm still kind of waiting to see what CL does during the transfer window and how he responds to the current level of criticism and pressure.

That said, the scales to a big dive to the negative after his choice to start Tiatto and Kisnorbo (instead of Williams and Hammil) at Crystal Palace yesterday, this team selection simply baffles me as have many of his previous team/sub decisions.

I was worried when I saw Mark Devries flying out of Luton Airport Last February '05 on a thursday night when we had a game on the saturday. I stopped and asked him where he was going and he said the manager had given him some time off to go back home to see his family. This was about two weeks after he signed for us! Why wasn't he bloody training! The thing was on the saturday he scored an own goal. If that's the attitude at the club then i'm not suprised we are where we are.

Archived