Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cal

Piper training with city

Apparently he is training with us according to my mate. Before you ask my mate plays for the same team as Matt Pipers brother so could well be true. Oh yea and my mate said Matt has gotta have key hole surgery on his knee so god knows even if he is training with us he'll pass the medical.

I reckon he'd be very much welcomed if he can produce what he did years back when he was playing for us before we sold him to Sunderland.

Thoughts? :D

P.s. Dont shoot the messenger if this turns out bullshit..

Apparently he is training with us according to my mate. Before you ask my mate plays for the same team as Matt Pipers brother so could well be true. Oh yea and my mate said Matt has gotta have key hole surgery on his knee so god knows even if he is training with us he'll pass the medical.

I reckon he'd be very much welcomed if he can produce what he did years back when he was playing for us before we sold him to Sunderland.

Thoughts? :D

P.s. Dont shoot the messenger if this turns out bullshit..

this came up as soon as he was released by sunderland

He's a city boy, got no club and is trying to come back from a serious injury. I'd be dissapointed if the club wasn't giving the lad some help. He got a big transfer fee and he was a good prospect. If he can make it back he'd be a welcome addition to the squad, if not then he deserved the chance.

Good work.

I wouldn't read too much into this. There's no way after all the injuries he has had that he'll still be able to play at this level or I would be surprised if he still can. League One at best now for him...shame because he was such a talent.

Posted on the Fox site by stevostadium

PENDING THE RESULTS OF HIS SCAN.......

and providing he is given the green light to carry on his career Leicester will have first refusal on Matt Piper. He will be joining up with the squad when they resume for pre season training in July, so lets hope he can put his injury behind him and resume his career with the team he didnt want to leave.

He is keen to join us and is impresses with RK. I will get more info when he returns from his holiday.

Just another rumour of course.

Don't get me wrong, this is nothing against Matt Piper and in this case, I'm extremely happy for him to be training with us and sincerely hope he can get back to match fitness and rebuild his career whether with us or elsewhere.

Just thinking about it though - do you reckon all injured players make a bee-line for us? I know Piper has his reasons as a Leicester lad etc but we do seem to get a load of injury prone players. Maybe our medical is just really easy to pass!

Jani Sturm couldn't manage it though I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, this is nothing against Matt Piper and in this case, I'm extremely happy for him to be training with us and sincerely hope he can get back to match fitness and rebuild his career whether with us or elsewhere.

Just thinking about it though - do you reckon all injured players make a bee-line for us? I know Piper has his reasons as a Leicester lad etc but we do seem to get a load of injury prone players. Maybe our medical is just really easy to pass!

Jani Sturm couldn't manage it though I suppose.

... but Lee Morris could. Spot on though. ;):thumbup:

Posted on the Fox site by stevostadium

PENDING THE RESULTS OF HIS SCAN.......

and providing he is given the green light to carry on his career Leicester will have first refusal on Matt Piper. He will be joining up with the squad when they resume for pre season training in July, so lets hope he can put his injury behind him and resume his career with the team he didnt want to leave.

He is keen to join us and is impresses with RK. I will get more info when he returns from his holiday.

Just another rumour of course.

Does anyone actually know who this stevostadium is? and is he a relaible source? would be good if he could make a return IMO, anything is better than Sylla.

I think coming back here is the best chance of saving his career, he's probably fed up now but the least we can do is give him a chance here, he helped save this club when he left for Sunderland. I still remember now feeling so gutted at the start of the 02/03 season when he wasn't named in the squad for the first game, he was off.

We only got to see 20 games of Piper, but he was the most exciting player we'd had for a good few years at the time, this in a team managed by Bassett & Adams. :unsure: Bring him back.

Archived