Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Wigan after Kisnorbo

Anything over £750,000 and i'd snap their hand off. He was awesome in the last part of the season but that kind of money could allow us to sign two left sided players and we already have several other options at the back. Gerrbrand still shouldn't be written off, he's technically the best centre half we have.

Anything over £750,000 and i'd snap their hand off. He was awesome in the last part of the season but that kind of money could allow us to sign two left sided players and we already have several other options at the back. Gerrbrand still shouldn't be written off, he's technically the best centre half we have.

Agreed!!!

Look at the cost of other championship defenders, Lescott 5m+, loads of others 2-3m going to prem clubs.

I'd ask for 2.5 without a doubt.

Wigan notoriously pay over the odds, haven't they just signed Fitz Hall for £3 million? But realistically, if we got anywhere near a million + for Kisnorbo after getting the lad on a bosman just a season ago would be shrewd business.

If Kisnorbo is worth more than that then Fryatt is worth well over £3 million.

Wigan notoriously pay over the odds, haven't they just signed Fitz Hall for £3 million? But realistically, if we got anywhere near a million + for Kisnorbo after getting the lad on a bosman just a season ago would be shrewd business.

I suspect that McCauley was signed as potential cover for a bid for Kisnorbo.

Look at the cost of other championship defenders, Lescott 5m+, loads of others 2-3m going to prem clubs.

I'd ask for 2.5 without a doubt.

You'd get told to go fish. This is Paddy Kisnorbo we'are talking about, the worst midfield player ever seen, affectionatley known as Skippy On Ice at Hearts, who only started to play consistently well at a decent level last February. I'd take half of that for Kisnorbo we could sort our more glareing problems with that money.

I agree with you but include a 1m extra if they stay up.......

Also we could do Kisnorbo/de vries for connelly swap..

PLus JJB owe us BIG TIME for making such a wnak STRIP!

As you say "Wigan notoriously pay over the odds" they want heskey=5.5mil

hall=3mil

and also they've sold

Bullard=2.5mil

Roberts=3mil

So I think they will not be scared of putting a big money offer as they must have a bit of money in the kitty somewhere in the region of 2million for kisnorbo, it all depends if RK wants to sell him and I expect for that price he definately will. :thumbup:

If the transfer goes through, then I'd be glad to take that amount of money for an average midfielder/crappy defender which Kisnorbo was during his time for the club.

And yes, I agree, Kelly would have to sign two left wings with that incoming cash (or a left winger & a left back, respectively).

If the transfer goes through, then I'd be glad to take that amount of money for an average midfielder/crappy defender which Kisnorbo was during his time for the club.

And yes, I agree, Kelly would have to sign two left wings with that incoming cash (or a left winger & a left back, respectively).

Not true, i've witnessed some of the best defensive performances in a Leicester shirt from him. He's a very good defender, but if we got a seven figure sum for him then bye bye Kisnorbo.

Not true, i've witnessed some of the best defensive performances in a Leicester shirt from him. He's a very good defender, but if we got a seven figure sum for him then bye bye Kisnorbo.

I agree some of the performances he put in towards the end of the season kept us up, he also earnt the respect of the fans with a song goin like this KISNORBO WOAHHHH KISNORBOOOOOOO WOAHHH he used 2 be shite but now hes alrite!!!!

'crappy defender' clearly the words of either a troll or someone who didn't see any games in the last 1/3 of the saeson. Simply laughable.

I think he just put them the wrong way round by mistake (should have been average defender/crappy midfielder). You could argue Kisnorbo is more than an average defender though. Depends what the average is.

I'd say that with the signing of Kenton and McAuley, RK has already 'earmarked' Kisnorbo to go - and has been busy trying to set up a deal with someone - Wigan were mentioned as possible buyers a couple of months ago. I hope the money's good !

what is the point in selling him??

building a team to get us in the premiership in the long term or just cash to pay the bills now?

ambition please!!!

isnt it funny how these rumours are become more prominant after the club has sold 12,000 season tickets!!!

surprise surprise

shipman out, shipman out!!!! oh!!! sorry i thought it was 1990 again!!!! it may as well be!!!

Gawd blimey. We've got a bunch of central defenders who are first-team Championship players. We can sacrifice one given the right amount of money. Kisnorbo will not be the difference between promotion or no promotion (or staying up and relegation if you're a pessimist). McCarthy, Kenton, Johansson, McAuley, Gerrbrand and Stearman can all play there. A new partnership could develop (who would have put Kisnorbo as a first-choice centre back last Christmas?!) The answer is that we need some sort of viable left side (especially in midfield) and if we can sell Kisnorbo for a decent amount and Kelly uses the money wisely then it suits us in a big way.

Plus Kisnorbo would probably want to go anyway, which no-one seems to think is important.

I'd say that with the signing of Kenton and McAuley, RK has already 'earmarked' Kisnorbo to go - and has been busy trying to set up a deal with someone - Wigan were mentioned as possible buyers a couple of months ago. I hope the money's good !

If Kelly is touting him about then why offer him a new contract? I'd have thought that Kelly is aware of the strong interest in him and has therefore stocked up on defenders. Should Kisnorbo not go, which i'm sure Kelly would like him to stay then he'll try and offload Gerrbrand.

If Kelly is touting him about then why offer him a new contract? I'd have thought that Kelly is aware of the strong interest in him and has therefore stocked up on defenders. Should Kisnorbo not go, which i'm sure Kelly would like him to stay then he'll try and offload Gerrbrand.

Yeah i agree. Would have thought there would be a bit of interest in Gerrbrand around europe, as he would suit a more european style of play. Probably get around £500,000 for him ?? Would that be enough to sign a left winger or get one on a season long loan ??

Getting someone to sign a new contract is a way of telling other clubs we 'really' want to keep him!! (i.e. you've got to pay us more!!) :whistle:

Let's hope this works with Tiatto!! :ph34r:

Archived