Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

I'm feeling positive about this season

Because a lot of people on here don't seem to be. I've read posts where people have judged Josh Low and Gareth McAuley as poor signings already because they've not played in this division before, I've seen people question Rob Kelly for buying Darren Kenton ("yet another defender" etc) and I've seen some people say Andy Johnson's past it. Some people have completely written off Joe Hamill and Momo Sylla as no good at all and people have already started questionning Rob Kelly's plans before even seeing them for themselves.

I have no problem with that at all. I even agree with some of the things I've mentioned above but I'm willing to wait and see how things go. Threads like this one from before the start of the 2004/05 season just go to show that what people expect to happen and what really happens can be quite different a lot of the time. So that's why I'm sitting back and enjoying reading negative posts this pre-season. Makes a change from the last couple of seasons where people have got over excited when there's been very little reason to be.

Hopefully, come the end of the season RK will have done better than expected and certain players will have proven people wrong. Keep the negatvity coming.

Because a lot of people on here don't seem to be. I've read posts where people have judged Josh Low and Gareth McAuley as poor signings already because they've not played in this division before, I've seen people question Rob Kelly for buying Darren Kenton ("yet another defender" etc) and I've seen some people say Andy Johnson's past it. Some people have completely written off Joe Hamill and Momo Sylla as no good at all and people have already started questionning Rob Kelly's plans before even seeing them for themselves.

I have no problem with that at all. I even agree with some of the things I've mentioned above but I'm willing to wait and see how things go. Threads like this one from before the start of the 2004/05 season just go to show that what people expect to happen and what really happens can be quite different a lot of the time. So that's why I'm sitting back and enjoying reading negative posts this pre-season. Makes a change from the last couple of seasons where people have got over excited when there's been very little reason to be.

Hopefully, come the end of the season RK will have done better than expected and certain players will have proven people wrong. Keep the negatvity coming.

well said Jonnycan't believe how confident people were 2 seasons ago when the average age was about 33 and everyone thought we'd walk the division, hopefully people opinions on here are the opposite to what will really happen.

well said Jonnycan't believe how confident people were 2 seasons ago when the average age was about 33 and everyone thought we'd walk the division, hopefully people opinions on here are the opposite to what will really happen.

Last season and the season before were the complete opposite of the expectations of most.

Hopefully we continue that good run :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to the new season. I certainly don't predict a complete meltdown as some are expecting.

We're still 3 weeks from the opening game, so there's still time for the balance of the squad to be altered a bit for one thing.

Last season and the season before I just knew/had a feeling we'd do bad - I was proved right. This season i'm unsure, I have a feeling we can finish top half prehaps challenge for a play-off spot, anything more is beyond us IMO, if we do great obviously I wouldn't turn it down, but I just have a feeling we will do not bad this season.

I just have a feeling we will do not bad this season.

Thank fukc for that ~ I've bought bunting, party poppers...the works. For one minute I had this horrible feeling it was all in vain :whistle::P

i actually feel so positive about our side and our good chances of a promotion push. if watford can do it,why can't we?

Am postive yet realistic over here.

Feeling like a top 14 finish is achievable. Squad still not good for promotion, but its a young side with lots of potential. A good start could lead to a top 10 finish but i dont think this year is the year for promotion in terms of being able to sustain top flight status afterwards.

But i repeat that i'm looking forward to the season and hoping we can put two poor seasons behind us and go forward from now on.

i actually feel so positive about our side and our good chances of a promotion push. if watford can do it,why can't we?

Because it doesn't work like that. Yes, it happen and occasionally teams that haven't got the best squad of players can have a successful season but quality often comes to the top and if you look back of the past 10 years then it's not every season that a team like Watford get promotion to the premeirship.

It does happen more so in the lower leagues than in the premiership, but I am sick of hearing people say 'we can do a Watford' because we are also just as likely 'to do a Forest' and get relegated. Because if you look at our past 2 seasons, we've left a skidmark on the briefs of the relegation zone and if you were a realist you'd say that it's very plausible for that to happen again. We are middle of the road, with a manager who could be a success but could also be a failure. It's far too hard to predict, but 'doing a Watford' is more luck than judgement for me at the minute.

Having said that, i'm looking forward to the new season and if we stay injury free then we can be in and around the top half and who knows what might happen. I'm hedging my bets.

Because it doesn't work like that. Yes, it happen and occasionally teams that haven't got the best squad of players can have a successful season but quality often comes to the top and if you look back of the past 10 years then it's not every season that a team like Watford get promotion to the premeirship.

It does happen more so in the lower leagues than in the premiership, but I am sick of hearing people say 'we can do a Watford' because we are also just as likely 'to do a Forest' and get relegated. Because if you look at our past 2 seasons, we've left a skidmark on the briefs of the relegation zone and if you were a realist you'd say that it's very plausible for that to happen again. We are middle of the road, with a manager who could be a success but could also be a failure. It's far too hard to predict, but 'doing a Watford' is more luck than judgement for me at the minute.

Having said that, i'm looking forward to the new season and if we stay injury free then we can be in and around the top half and who knows what might happen. I'm hedging my bets.

I was thinking the same thing, also people dont give Watford enough credit for last season, they didnt end up thrid by chance. If Matty Fryatt scores like Marlon King did, Gareth Williams plays like Matty Spring did and Weso makes as much of a impact as Ashley Young then we have a chance of "doing" a Watford. As I have said before alot of ifs.

For me, it all depends on getting variety of goals and variety of making goals, if we can sort out set pieces both defensive and attacking, most importantly the latter and our midfielders can show more balls and have a few shots in a match then we will do well I think. Plus the goals from centre back, the capability of Kisnorbo (with that jump hes got) McCarthy (not afraid to go in where it hurts) and McAuley, whos grabbed a few for Lincoln, it would all be a massive contribution to success next season, we have the capability of doing it, its just a case of whos got the balls to do it.

There may be cautionary comments from some posters but it seems there's a lot more realism about these days instead of the ridiculously unjustified optimism of recent seasons.

I've enjoyed a few days in Lulworth Cove so missed the Boston game but four goals away is encouraging, RK seemed to go there with a purpose, there appeared to be some encouraging performances and a couple more of the ex-Academy lads did get some action which is, of course, vital to the club's future, and seemed to do okay.

Most encouraging to me was hearing that Alan Sheehan "got stuck in". He's noted as a creative defender but if he can show himself to have effective controlled aggression and that he has returned with a recharged attitude (ie determined to contribute and develop his game whatever the setbacks) then it will be like having a new signing for free.

I'm feeling positive about this season, but to be honest I think I'm expecting the same as last year, which I felt was realistic then and we still didn't manage to reach my expectations.

Last season, and again for this season, I want us to show some improvement. We should be looking to finish top 12, and at some point at least have a decent run where it looks as if we could make the playoffs, rather than just getting the occassional win every now and then throughout the season and hovering in a lower mid-table position all year...

There may be cautionary comments from some posters but it seems there's a lot more realism about these days instead of the ridiculously unjustified optimism of recent seasons.

I've enjoyed a few days in Lulworth Cove so missed the Boston game but four goals away is encouraging, RK seemed to go there with a purpose, there appeared to be some encouraging performances and a couple more of the ex-Academy lads did get some action which is, of course, vital to the club's future, and seemed to do okay.

Most encouraging to me was hearing that Alan Sheehan "got stuck in". He's noted as a creative defender but if he can show himself to have effective controlled aggression and that he has returned with a recharged attitude (ie determined to contribute and develop his game whatever the setbacks) then it will be like having a new signing for free.

:unsure: The words coming out of his mouth weren't very controlled, he seemed more bothered about kicking their number 7 than winning the ball :thumbup:lol

:unsure: The words coming out of his mouth weren't very controlled, he seemed more bothered about kicking their number 7 than winning the ball :thumbup:lol

As long as he didn't actually kick their number 7 to within an inch of his life, then that's quite acceptable as 'controlled aggression' :cool::smile::thumbup:

i think we can achieve top 10 possibly play offs if we keep this squad and a decent starting 11 of

----------------------- Hendo -------------------

Stearman --- Paddy Mac ---- PK ---- Kenton

Low -------- Williams ----- Johnson ----- (New LW)

--------------- Hume -------- Fryatt -----------

Bench : Douglas, McAuley, Weso, C'O'Grady, Hughes

and who knows what new additions we may have come in the next 3 weeks. i dont believe anyone will be shipped out, unless its paddy gerrbrand as he's looked shakey when ive seen him play 45+ mins.

lets just be full of hope and keep the faith and remember we're in it together. lol

i think we can achieve top 10 possibly play offs if we keep this squad and a decent starting 11 of

----------------------- Hendo -------------------

Stearman --- Paddy Mac ---- PK ---- Kenton

Low -------- Williams ----- Johnson ----- (New LW)

--------------- Hume -------- Fryatt -----------

Bench : Douglas, McAuley, Weso, C'O'Grady, Hughes

and who knows what new additions we may have come in the next 3 weeks. i dont believe anyone will be shipped out, unless its paddy gerrbrand as he's looked shakey when ive seen him play 45+ mins.

lets just be full of hope and keep the faith and remember we're in it together. lol

Well if your hopes are based on more signings I would forget it if i were you.

Well if your hopes are based on more signings I would forget it if i were you.

Yup... more have been ruled out (unless someone goes obviously).

The "problem" left wing area will be covered by tiatto and Porter and a number of other out of position players. Whoopie!!!!

I am ALWAYS positive about a new season lets just hope it lasts longer than the 45 minutes of the Sheff Utd game last year

Be fair it was 80 minutes. :cry::cry::( <_<

A new season always brings out the positive in me... It's just the thought of relegation that we were so close to last season that sometimes freaks me out. But I guess it's good to feel a bit insecure about the team sometimes, to keep my feet on the ground and not join in either the "We're so good" or "We're so rubbish" choir.

Realistically, anything is possible and I just hope the lads on the pitch will play some enthusiastic, motivated football under the first full-season reign of Rob Kelly. A kind of play that'll do them good and one that can be enjoyed by all faithful and fanatic LCFC supporters, young and old, men and women alike.

A new season always brings out the positive in me... It's just the thought of relegation that we were so close to last season that sometimes freaks me out. But I guess it's good to feel a bit insecure about the team sometimes, to keep my feet on the ground and not join in either the "We're so good" or "We're so rubbish" choir.

Realistically, anything is possible and I just hope the lads on the pitch will play some enthusiastic, motivated football under the first full-season reign of Rob Kelly. A kind of play that'll do them good and one that can be enjoyed by all faithful and fanatic LCFC supporters, young and old, men and women alike.

Strange how there is not such a big gap between being "so good" and "so rubbish" :P

Am postive yet realistic over here.

Feeling like a top 14 finish is achievable. Squad still not good for promotion, but its a young side with lots of potential. A good start could lead to a top 10 finish but i dont think this year is the year for promotion in terms of being able to sustain top flight status afterwards.

But i repeat that i'm looking forward to the season and hoping we can put two poor seasons behind us and go forward from now on.

Way to go... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Archived