Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Glad Someone's having a good time

It's not about whether they've recovered, or even had a bad day at the office, people don't pay £24 to watch a 'normal' employee in the office.

It's the principle of the thing it's just sends out the wrong message to me, it's putting two fingers up and saying so what if we were shit and didn't put in the effort, so what if you paid £24 to watch us not caring we're going to having a bloody good time anyway. Even if MM offered the chance any self respecting person with a shred of humility would have declined the offer or at the very least adopted a low profile and would be embarrassed to show themselves in public in such a state, well at least I would.

I wholeheartedly agree.

There's no point comparing footballers with regular employees. Do you people get paid £5 grand a week? No. Do people spend £20+ to watch you do your job? No. Different rules apply, especially when you've conned thousands of people with a showing as bad as that.

I'm sure the players could've attended the party and kept the drinking to a minimum, and not got rat arsed in public for all to see. Surely that's the sensible thing to do?

It's not about whether they've recovered, or even had a bad day at the office, people don't pay £24 to watch a 'normal' employee in the office.

It's the principle of the thing it's just sends out the wrong message to me, it's putting two fingers up and saying so what if we were shit and didn't put in the effort, so what if you paid £24 to watch us not caring we're going to having a bloody good time anyway. Even if MM offered the chance any self respecting person with a shred of humility would have declined the offer or at the very least adopted a low profile and would be embarrassed to show themselves in public in such a state, well at least I would.

I get the gist of what you are saying but the fact is it was a jolly up arranged by the new owner, probably weeks ago and not the lads out on the beer sticking too fingers up at the performance. I know some clubs have cancelled there Xmas parties when there results werent going well but I personally welcome these team morale builders as it doesnt look like they get on, on the pitch by looking at the inept way that they attempt to pass the ball to eachother.

Like I said on a thread I started about getting things in perspective, they are shite players and we are lucky not to be relegated. Its not like we have a team full of £1m signings on £30k a week, most of them a free transfers, youth players or donkeys who cost less than £100k. What does that get you in 2007???!! NOT MUCH!!!!!

Oh get over yourselves, it had been planned for weeks. I know for a fact the players ripped the arse out of it, something like compensation for having to put up with Kelly et al for so long.

If you have never gone out and got bladdered after a bad day at work then you can criticise them <_<

Thanks for the permission, only because I've never done a days work in my life :P:sweating:

Davie I usually agree with almost every word you type but this is one of those rare occasions I don't. You and I choose to pay the money to watch them, yet it gives us no right to demand that they don't get lashed up on a Saturday night on a company do.

Personally I have no idea why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist :dunno:

I wholeheartedly agree.

There's no point comparing footballers with regular employees. Do you people get paid £5 grand a week? No. Do people spend £20+ to watch you do your job? No. Different rules apply, especially when you've conned thousands of people with a showing as bad as that.

I'm sure the players could've attended the party and kept the drinking to a minimum, and not got rat arsed in public for all to see. Surely that's the sensible thing to do?

:blink::blink::blink:

Different rules do not apply, what a ridiculous thing to say, what altered reality do you live in? :dunno:

:blink::blink::blink:

Different rules do not apply, what a ridiculous thing to say, what altered reality do you live in? :dunno:

One where alchohol and getting p*ssed up isn't the centre of my life. <_< <_<

I hope none of them ended up in a compromising position running the chance of catching a sexually transmitted disease through having unprotected sex.

Hang on a minute...no, I hope about 12 of them did exactly that.

FFS some of you lot are losing the plot!

Its a free country, we're all entitled to a night out!

The fact that they were shit against QPR has got sod all to do with it.

Theres no game for 2 weeks and the new owner organised a get together, whats wrong with that?

Theres plenty of things to moan about with this club but this aint one of them!

Its not that they dont care so much, more like a lack of ability. People keep going on about where we should be and how good we are but we really do have a pants side who are just about performing to there potential. Players like Hughes, Maybury, AJ and so on didnt cost much, and thats a sign to there real worth. BTW had we taken one of our chances in the first half agaisnt QPR, we probably would have won comfortably. Would this thread have been started then or is it just a reaction over another inept performance??

Its not that they dont care so much, more like a lack of ability. People keep going on about where we should be and how good we are but we really do have a pants side who are just about performing to there potential. Players like Hughes, Maybury, AJ and so on didnt cost much, and thats a sign to there real worth. BTW had we taken one of our chances in the first half agaisnt QPR, we probably would have won comfortably. Would this thread have been started then or is it just a reaction over another inept performance??

I disagree on several counts, firstly "many of them are not performing to their potential",

Hughes has played many games for Rangers including some Champions League games, now people may believe the Scottish Leagues are crap either way do you really think he would have played for them with performances he has put in for us?

Maybury was the subject of a substantial bid from Sunderland only a few months ago, do you really believe Keane, who has taken his team to the brink of auto promotion would have made that bid based on recent performances, i.e. post Levein?

As for "missed chances in the QPR game affecting my judgement", you must be joking I've seen so many inept performance these past few seasons to virtually erase all my good memories going back to the 60's. I've lost count of the number of times I've said, heard and read "this is the worst performance I've ever seen from an LCFC team" or "this is the worst LCFC team I've ever witnessed".

Yet this team and individuals have shown albeit on too few occasions that they can perform to a level sufficient to be at least skirting with the play off places, so I for one do not believe they are performing to the best of their ability and I can not accept that as a valid excuse for the total shit that is being served up on a regular basis.

What I might agree to is that these 3 years of utter shite, of the continuing promises to give it their all, to double the efforts on the training ground (why not try it during a match FFS) has finally ground me down and has affected my sense of rationale.

People have said you pay to go, yes I do and I pay for many more things in life and if I get shit service I complain or move on, unfortunately I've nailed my colours to the mast that is LCFC so it's not something, as you well know that you can chaef so I'm stuck with what masquerades as LCFC these days and I for one am now beyond being pissed off.

See you all at Stoke.

I can understand the odd piss up, if Mandaric want to have a party to celebrate his arrival and invite the players thats fair enough.

However the academy kids drinking trebles in their soft drinks is a bit concearning. And I think being sozzled in a Kebab house at 4 am is a bit much, seeing as their supposidly proffesional atheletes.

I think calling most of them 'professional sportsmen' would get you done under the Trade Descriptions Act, going by recent performances...

I think calling most of them 'professional sportsmen' would get you done under the Trade Descriptions Act, going by recent performances...

It's also slander and defamatory, so watch out for civil action/procedures against you if you continue to describe them in such a way.

It's also slander and defamatory, so watch out for civil action/procedures against you if you continue to describe them in such a way.

How is it defamatory?

I've no objection to a general staff do to mark Mandaric's arrival. But the timing of it was dreadful.

We are often told that our chairman is a "football man". He will therefore be aware of the drinking culture that exists within the game and within British sport in general (as shown by the weekend's events in the West Indies).

Surely he must have known that there was a danger that some of the players (especially those who are only on loan to us) may have been tempted to treat the evening bash with more importance than the afternoon game?

Mandy therefore owes us an apology. He may also wish to consider issuing a refund to those unfortunate enough to pay to witness our humiliation by the hoops.

How is it defamatory?

Some meanings of the word "defamation" contain the words "bringing ones character into disrepute, or to expose them to unreasonable personal embarassment". Other meanings include the words "attacking a person's honesty, integrity or virtue which result in public contempt, ridicule, or financial injury. Or you may wish to look at definitions which say "any communication that holds a person up to contempt, hatred, ridicule or scorn and lowers the reputation of the individual defamed." or "a communication that lowers the personal or professional reputation of a third party, ridicules them, or leads others to shun and avoid them."

Calling people like Elvis Hammond, Andy Johnson, Stephen Hughes et al "professional sportsmen" certainly leaves them open to ridicule, scorn, personal embarrassment or even hatred in my opinion. The original statement I made was meant to be taken as tongue-in-cheek. But then, being as pedantic and moody as you are, I'm not suprised you asked for an explanation of something trivial.

Really Lisa, I don't know about sarcy cow, but you are a miserable cow and only seem to come on here to be a mardy-arse, picking up on people's posts who you think will be afraid to stand up to you and you can ridicule/make an idiot of. I'm really not worried by your status on here, admin or not, you should look into stopping being so miserable and lightening up. Just for once. Try it. You might well enjoy it. :rolleyes:

I've no objection to a general staff do to mark Mandaric's arrival. But the timing of it was dreadful.

We are often told that our chairman is a "football man". He will therefore be aware of the drinking culture that exists within the game and within British sport in general (as shown by the weekend's events in the West Indies).

Surely he must have known that there was a danger that some of the players (especially those who are only on loan to us) may have been tempted to treat the evening bash with more importance than the afternoon game?

Mandy therefore owes us an apology. He may also wish to consider issuing a refund to those unfortunate enough to pay to witness our humiliation by the hoops.

Well said :thumbup:

The thing that gets to me is the timing, although I think the whole get together thing is a good idea.

The party could have waited till the end of the season!!

Exactly. That's what would have happened in Martin O'Neill's time.

You would have thought that with our club's recent history, it would have taken a little more care in arranging these events.. :rolleyes:

Oh piss off.

I don't think anyone is owed an apology for a company get together.

We are definately owed something for this season, but hopefully that will be a dramatic improvement next season and some decent offers with ST's etc... Personally I am hoping for the removal of Rob Kelly :D

Archived