Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Glad Someone's having a good time

suppose everyones entitled to a "piss up" every so often wether your an athelete or an average joe but i do agree it should have probably waited until end of season then maybe made it publicly known

i just dont understand why some people are p!ssed off i mean they are just human

I think MM's statement in the Mercury demonstrates that there is some credence to those of us that are not happy with this.

Mandaric hosted a dinner for players and officials at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday night with around 450 people joining him for the 'casual get-together'. He said: "The timing was not the best because of the result, but it was an opportunity for me to invite all the employees who will be pulling together to make this club work."

I'm happy to accept that and move on.

PS Let's hope he's not talking about the current set of players when he says "make this club work"

They were when they needed to be... and when they strayed - boy did they suffer.

In fact, most of them didn't start playing up until MON went.

Sorry, but that comment made me choke on my coffee! As if...!!!!!! Clearly the ravages of time have addled your brain TPH. I can assure you that the team under MON regularly took the piss 'big-style' by being out on the lash simply to see how far they could push things - it was pure entertainment to them.

Being a bit worse for wear in a kebab house at 4am is nothing compared to what that lot got up to. :eek:

:rolleyes:

When someone said last season a few players had been spotted out on the piss after a loss and I slagged them off I got people saying "Oh they're only bonding, its good for the players" and "Footballers deserve a good time aswell" e.t.c.

But its alright to slag them off now is it?!

Hey leave them alone its good for the team they were only bonding :rolleyes:

When someone said last season a few players had been spotted out on the piss after a loss and I slagged them off I got people saying "Oh they're only bonding, its good for the players" and "Footballers deserve a good time aswell" e.t.c.

You could feed half of Africa, the number of chips on your shoulder.

You could feed half of Africa, the number of chips on your shoulder.

Just seems like everyone has a go at me when I say certain things but when someone else says it everyone agree's/there's nothing wrong with it. Maybe its just me "moaning" again :dunno::doh::ph34r:lol;):thumbup:

what about the foreign players in the squad, surely it's all their fault no?

Just seems like everyone has a go at me when I say certain things but when someone else says it everyone agree's/there's nothing wrong with it. Maybe its just me "moaning" again :dunno::doh::ph34r:lol;):thumbup:

Opinion seems pretty divided on this one anyway mate. Personally it grates a bit but to be honest it's been fairly obvious from the last four games that they've got one eye on roasting a couple of Essex slappers in the Med this summer already so I'm not going to waste my time worrying about the overpaid wankers myself. I'd already decided I'm not wasting my money on them again this season based on the performances on the pitch over the last four games.

Binge drinking is bad for the body, as are kebabs!

...but kebabs are so tasty... :dunno:

Anyway, so Milan wanted to get everybody together for a fun evening, and seeing as the squad's players are club employees, he decided to invite them, too... to show everybody that Big Mandy is in the building, he's got some dough to throw around and that life at LCFC under his command is gonna be good--really good. Now, I'd say most footballers' definition of a "fun evening" involves a big night out getting shit-faced and not a trip down to the opera to go see The Barber of Seville.

They have two weeks to get rid of their hangovers. If the team gets three points at Stoke, we'll all have forgotten about this.

The natural reaction is to feel a bit mugged off to pay to watch such shit and then the players to go out on the lash like they don't give a f**k but I think most of us would have done the same. The new owner of your company throws a party and invites every employee...course you're gunna turn up and have a few drinks.

If there is a serious drinking problem at the club then yes, that's a big issue but one club organised party which happened to be witnessed by someone's bird aint a massive drama, whatever result preceeded it.

Sorry, but that comment made me choke on my coffee! As if...!!!!!! Clearly the ravages of time have addled your brain TPH. I can assure you that the team under MON regularly took the piss 'big-style' by being out on the lash simply to see how far they could push things - it was pure entertainment to them.

Being a bit worse for wear in a kebab house at 4am is nothing compared to what that lot got up to. :eek:

True, but they also did rather better than this shower of shyte on the pitch. Its not the partying that gives me a problem, its the fact that they are crap and I would like to think they care about that want to imrove somewhat. I don't get this message, the one I get is that I don't really care enough and I don't mind that you (our fans) see I don't care. If they ain't bonded now, they aint gonna bond.

It was the last supper for all of them before Mandaric boots them out very soon.

This time next week they will all be begging and busking outside the train station. I wonder who's the better singer? I imagine AJ rates himself as a crooner.

It was the last supper for all of them before Mandaric boots them out very soon.

This time next week they will all be begging and busking outside the train station. I wonder who's the better singer? I imagine AJ rates himself as a crooner.

What on earth is your signature meant to represent Ric Flair?

Are you implying Matty Fryatt will one day become a good player???

It changes with "today's" Fryatt weight...if you were paying attention you'd have seen that yesterday Matty was holding up a shirt with 11.5 on it. :thumbup:

Correct.

He's took a lot of stick this season, some deserved, some not deserved.

I have no doubts that he's got the talent to play at this level. Look at last season.

He needs to find that form again. Kelly hasn't helped, neither has his injuries.

Correct.

I have no doubts that he's got the talent to play at this level. Look at last season.

He needs to find that form again. Kelly hasn't helped, neither has his injuries.

He's barely older than Dodds and is streets ahead of him at goals wise at all levels. He's had a bad season but people forget he is still very very young and has shown more promise than most of the young players at this club. He deserves more support.

He's barely older than Dodds and is streets ahead of him at goals wise at all levels. He's had a bad season but people forget he is still very very young and has shown more promise than most of the young players at this club. He deserves more support.

It is not the potential I doubt, it's his attitude. He's looked off the pace and unfit all season.

Correct.

I have my doubts. I just don't think he's got enough quality to be able to help us get promoted. Ok fair enough he did ok last season, some of goals were flukes though. He seems to be more of a Plymouth type of player if you know what i mean??

I hope I’m wrong though

I have my doubts. I just don't think he's got enough quality to be able to help us get promoted. Ok fair enough he did ok last season, some of goals were flukes though. He seems to be more of a Plymouth type of player if you know what i mean??

I hope I’m wrong though

That'd be the same Plymouth that are above us in the league then? :whistle:

I hope I’m wrong though

Did you go to Fulham away this season? I know it was only a one off game and often players raise their game, but Fryatt was superb. It was the form of last season and I can't believe some people are now saying he was 'ok' last season.

Perhaps he was only 'ok' but fans weren't saying that at the time.

Archived