Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Nigel Worthington

Well he has a good record in the Championship so I can see where Milan is coming from.

Exactly, he got Norwich promoted and nearly kept them up. Just because it didn't work out when they had gone back down doesn't mean it is a terrible choice. He was sacked for not getting Norwich to the play-offs, not for landing them in relegation trouble. You can't say Norwich have improved since his departure.

We were all calling for Kelly's head, Mandaric as done that and has brought in an experienced manager at this level, a manager that got Norwich promoted to the premiership not so long ago, and you still moam...what's with all the negativity?

I'm absolutely gutted!!!! :cry:

We were all calling for Kelly's head, Mandaric as done that and has brought in an experienced manager at this level, a manager that got Norwich promoted to the premiership not so long ago, and you still moam...what's with all the negativity?

As ive said before ive seen what Worthington can do, he's clueless depite getting Norwich promoted, when i was a regular at Blackpool games we had so many demonstrations to get him out, but the board never listened and he near on ruined the club before they took note.

I hate the bloke with passion BUT if its only for 5 games, fine i accept it, but NO NO NO NO NO to a long term deal.

Pleased Kelly is gone.

Very rarely have I ever got excited about a Caretaker Manager and Worthington is no different. I do get nervous when they start to talk about wanting the job full time and when they put a few results together.

Thankfully we have an absolute bastard of a man (in a good way) with Milan Mandaric and he can see past 2 or 3 decent results. I think Mandaric will get whoever he see's fit to take this club forward long term and I doubt very much it's Nigel Worthington. If it is, then i'll back Mandaric's judgement. Milan at least holds his hands up when he makes a mistake and isn't one to rest on his laurels when he realises he's made one.

I'll get behind Nidge whilst he's here, but let's not go over board with any ' Walking in a Wortho Wonderland ' like we did when Kelly took the reigns. Politely clap him and vocally back the players, but let's not sew any seed of doubt that this is anything other than a stop gap.

He'll do for now just as long as he gets one over on his former club on Saturday, great timing Milan!

As for becoming our permanent manager, we made that mistake with a caretaker manager saving us from the drop last season. Even in the unlikely event we're unbeaten in the remaining 5 games, we can't afford to make the same mistake again. We have to have ambition and Worthington staying on next year wouldn't be ambitous.

Pleased Kelly is gone.

Very rarely have I ever got excited about a Caretaker Manager and Worthington is no different. I do get nervous when they start to talk about wanting the job full time and when they put a few results together.

Thankfully we have an absolute bastard of a man (in a good way) with Milan Mandaric and he can see past 2 or 3 decent results. I think Mandaric will get whoever he see's fit to take this club forward long term and I doubt very much it's Nigel Worthington. If it is, then i'll back Mandaric's judgement. Milan at least holds his hands up when he makes a mistake and isn't one to rest on his laurels when he realises he's made one.

I'll get behind Nidge whilst he's here, but let's not go over board with any ' Walking in a Wortho Wonderland ' like we did when Kelly took the reigns. Politely clap him and vocally back the players, but let's not sew any seed of doubt that this is anything other than a stop gap.

Abso-f**king-lutely.

Through all of this I've been more and more impressed by Mandaric. Decisive, positive action backed up with words that actually mean something to the fans.

Well done Milan. That's the first, tough step towards moving this club forward.

Pleased Kelly is gone.

Good call flairmeister!

A nice polite golf style ripple of applause will suffice!!!

fooking SHUT UP ABOUT ROBSON YOU ****S.

eh hem.

Anyway, I'm behind him. I'm disappointed but I have faith in MM and in NW. He did a sound job with Norwich, had little money to spend and in fact did exactly what we were looking for - turned a group of shit players into a team which got promoted. I'm hoping for someone a little more exciting in summer but let's see where this goes for now.

He kept West Brom up from a tight spot in the prem didnt he? :dunno:

Yes... a miraculous half-season, followed by relegation.

Rob Kelly once kept us in the Championship in difficult circumstances and had us teetering on the brink again the following season.

No... what?! Seriously? :mellow:

Why is it you're happy enough to settle with one (repeatedly) failed manager who had a good six months, yet weren't willing to back Kelly? :dunno:

Yes... a miraculous half-season, followed by relegation.

Rob Kelly once kept us in the Championship in difficult circumstances and had us teetering on the brink again the following season.

No... what?! Seriously? :mellow:

Why is it you're happy enough to settle with one (repeatedly) failed manager who had a good six months, yet weren't willing to back Kelly? :dunno:

ohhhhh ok then we dont want robson. But im still holding you to the Coleman on July 15th! :thumbup:

Archived