Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Milanoscope - the verdict so far.

Milan says he's been kept awake at nights over the Rob Kelly decision - and I can well understand it. Shall I, shan't I would have fought a battle in his mind but it's a bit frightening to think that even the big chief wasn't sure what to do - and at such an early stage of his Leicester life.

Whatever he did he was facing a potential nightmare and his worries are emphasised by toay's ralloying call to fans for support.

People underestimate the value of team spirit and perhaps forget that team spirit was the biggest thing likely to stop this season's squad getting relegated.

But a whole host of consecutive events this season have gradually eroded and perhaps even destroyed our spirit.

Kelly's still unexplained clashes with various players, the departure of promising young/hungry players like Dodds/COG, the playing iof injured players because the manager lacked sufficient faith in fit but untried young alternatives, the lack of money to invest in improving the side, the injection of indifferent loanees who took the places of signed players, the missing of the transfer window and any potential new permanent signings to lift spirits, the bad run and drop in the confidence and credibility of Rob Kelly, the change of manager and now the appointment of an unconvincing replacement.

That is a long list of negatives but, even worse, there are so few positives in between to lift the gloom.

Question is, could Mandaric have done better?

Cos whatever the reasons we seem to be slipping down an icy slope with no brakes.

Hindsight is easy but how would you rate Mandaric's contribution out of 10 so far?.

My own feeling is one of gross anti-climax and of no signs whatever that decisions are being made that point to the prospect of an exciting future.

Ince, for now, remains merely a strong rumour and that is the one feint light shining in the distance but even then it doesn't help that Worthington is talking of managing himself into a job.

We've all seen Worthington at work and very little suggests he will represent "exciting, upwards and high profile".

And were he ever appointed and allowed to waste our money would that not make it that much harder for someone who might have made a difference?.

I don't just mean Ince either although he and Newell were my personal preferences for manager. Penney and a few more have been mentioned that at least offer a glimmer of potential excitement.

But we can't afford for any of them to be starting with a handicap. Surely we've had enough of self-wounding.

Question is, could Mandaric have done better?

Cos whatever the reasons we seem to be slipping down an icy slope with no brakes.

Hindsight is easy but how would you rate Mandaric's contribution out of 10 so far?

I'm honestly surprised at you for this thread Thracian...this is the kind of thing I would have expected from one of the forum kids but not you...

Grading MM out of ten for his performance so far?! :blink::nono:

Wanting to wait to change the manager & sign players until the summer seems to be perfectly reasonable and a considered approach.

I wonder what on Earth you were expecting him to do before this point?

It's a bit unfair to judge him so soon, he's not really been able to do anything apart from sack Kelly which I'm sure any chairman would have done in that situation.

Once the transfer window opens we'll be in a better position to judge. :thumbup:

I'm honestly surprised at you for this thread Thracian...this is the kind of thing I would have expected from one of the forum kids but not you...

Wanting to wait to change the manager & sign players until the summer seems to be perfectly reasonable and a considered approach.

Perhaps I was being a bit provocative but I would have changed Kelly three/four weeks ago, seeing you asked, and was interested in what you and others thought bearing in mind the fans greeted him like a God and I certainly didn't expect to have someone like Worthington in charge before the season was out.

Perhaps I was being a bit provocative but I would have changed Kelly three/four weeks ago, seeing you asked, and was interested in what you and others thought bearing in mind the fans greeted him like a God and I certainly didn't expect to have someone like Worthington in charge before the season was out.

I would have booted Kelly out too...but it isn't my money on the line and I am not privy to discussions behind the scenes and the availability or otherwise of potential replacements.

His hand has been forced by a run of piss poor results, that would have otherwise stayed itself until the summer, this much we can all recognise.

As much as Wortho is not my first choice I am unequivocal that I would prefer monkeys to Kelly. Five games, someone to shout a bit at the stuck-in-a-rut players...someone with something to prove to mix it up a bit in the changing room? I can't see that being a bad thing.

We know we need three points and he could be the catalyst to do it - because as eggs is eggs, Kelly wasn't going to bring home the mixed metaphor.

I don't see how this reflects on Mandaric at all.

I will judge him by our progress over the next three seasons, nothing more nothing less.

Pssst Daggers..... briefly pause to consider Milan's age.

Clearer?

:thumbup:

i think 3-4 weeks ago i would have kept kelly as i thought then and think now we would have a got a win and a draw between now and the end with any manager. as for MM the only visible thing he has done is sacked kelly. it is a bit early to judge but it is more than davies did in several years. i think we will have a clearer picture at the end of next season. I am going to do more research on Paul Ince's ethos as it looks like bookies are closing the book on this 1.

I was one of many that were surprised that Rob Kelly stuck around as long as he did--I thought he was a goner as soon as Milan Mandaric would be able to take over the club.

I can't pretend to know exactly what went on behind the scenes during the first few weeks of Mandaric's tenure or in the days leading up to his sacking of Kelly--maybe he tapped up a few candidates for the manager position but they did not express interest/impress our chairman/could not agree on contract terms etc. Perhaps he stuck with Kelly because he felt there were no other good options available, and because 1) the results immediately following the takeover were good and 2) he thought Kelly was a "nice bloke."

The public statements that Mandaric makes in front of the press are always a little different from those that are released in print by the club--maybe it's because English isn't his best language or because he takes a little "poetic license" with his statements. While I may doubt that he was tossing and turning all night in bed every night and hasn't had a wink of sleep since February, such comments lead me to assume that there was at at least one occasion an opportunity to replace Kelly with a better candidate and that Mandaric regrets not pulling the trigger earlier.

Relegation fears are certainly in the air, and firing a manager with five games to go in the season when they're five points above the drop zone reeks of desperation, but I'm sure Mandaric is banking on the usual increase in motivation that accompanies a managerial change (see Rob Kelly last season) to secure enough points for safety. If that happens, well, it would be ironic for the players to "redouble their efforts" because Kelly was sacked, would it not?

Maybe Mandaric could have done a better job solving his manager dilemma, but there wasn't much he could do to make major positive changes because the transfer window was closed and he couldn't strengthen the squad--and besides, once the transfer window closed, I'm sure a lot of the focus shifted towards preparing for next season. We'll have to wait for his final decision for manager (which could be interesting if, say, Leicester finish the season on a high note) and see what kinds of transfers come in before we can grade our chairman--until then, I'll give him an "incomplete."

We know we need three points and he could be the catalyst to do it - because as eggs is eggs, Kelly wasn't going to bring home the mixed metaphor.

That's the best line I've read recently on these boards. :thumbup:

I don't think you can rate him as such, I'm just glad the club has been invested in, something that LCFC has been in desperate need of for years.

My dad gave me something of a surprising overview of MM. Unlike me, he has been partially opposed to the takeover of MM and announced yesterday that he thought MM had purposely delayed the takeover. :blink:

The reasonaing he gave was that MM didn't want to splash the cash in January and also the fact Kelly was not his manager so to speak and did not trust him, so purposely stalled negotiations. I, of course, totally disagree with this.

The only thing he has done "wrong" or could have "improved" on would have been sacking RK earlier. Other than that he has said the right things and he has provided money for loan signings. What else could he have done?

A fair evaluation will probably not be able to be given until the end of the next season.

I don't think you can rate him as such, I'm just glad the club has been invested in, something that LCFC has been in desperate need of for years.

My dad gave me something of a surprising overview of MM. Unlike me, he has been partially opposed to the takeover of MM and announced yesterday that he thought MM had purposely delayed the takeover. :blink:

The reasonaing he gave was that MM didn't want to splash the cash in January and also the fact Kelly was not his manager so to speak and did not trust him, so purposely stalled negotiations. I, of course, totally disagree with this.

You should listen to your Dad more.......

...eh?

Barton - amongst others - were of the opinion that without significant investment, the club didn't stand much of a chance.

Administration beckoned, supposedly.

Administration for a club that's already been in administration once in the past five years would not have been the best of news for the Club's ability to survive.

Interesting point of view I'll give him that.

It's an interesting theory, indeed.

I'm not inclined to believe it as such... but thinking about it, you wouldn't write it off completely. :ph34r:

It's a bit like being raped by a beautiful woman. She's in it for herself, but we wouldn't mind. Thing is, she flashed us her tits the day before Valentine's Day, then set about reading the Yellow Pages out loud fully clothed until Wednesday when she took her socks off and carried on reading. Hopefully in the summer she'll whip her kit off and get on her knees.

Barton - amongst others - were of the opinion that without significant investment, the club didn't stand much of a chance.

Administration beckoned, supposedly.

Administration for a club that's already been in administration once in the past five years would not have been the best of news for the Club's ability to survive.

It's an interesting theory, indeed.

I'm not inclined to believe it as such... but thinking about it, you wouldn't write it off completely. :ph34r:

Didn't one of the finance guys - was it the one who resigned - say our position wasn't as bad as was made out?.

It's a bit like being raped by a beautiful woman. She's in it for herself, but we wouldn't mind. Thing is, she flashed us her tits the day before Valentine's Day, then set about reading the Yellow Pages out loud fully clothed until Wednesday when she took her socks off and carried on reading. Hopefully in the summer she'll whip her kit off and get on her knees.

Let's hope in your analogy she's not a he :unsure:

I don't mind having Worthington as manager until the end of the season.

Milan's track record speaks for itself - if he isn't happy with a manager, he will change them.

I think even if we do avoid relegation, if we play crapola football then Milan will look elsewhere. He has a good business mind, and he will only make money if we play good, entertaining and successful football.

Milan will only keep him on if we meet that criteria, and if we do then I won't be complaining....

Archived