Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Yes I think I may still be better than Klein. His action is very stop start now. Pushes everything wide. I would have thought someone on trial would have been useful. The lad Boatswain would be worth a go. We know what Klein can do........

Also I love Nico I really do but why Eckersley? Swindels could have had a good run. 

Following on within 20 overs at this rate.

Regardless of what happens this year need to move Ned on, Dexter awful. I'd say Horton also but has a contract now!

Bowling is quick though. Archer should play for the West Indies. Be past his best by the time he qualified for England.

4 minutes ago, Cake said:

Following on within 20 overs at this rate.

Regardless of what happens this year need to move Ned on, Dexter awful. I'd say Horton also but has a contract now!

Bowling is quick though. Archer should play for the West Indies. Be past his best by the time he qualified for England.

I doubt he's too bothered about international cricket when he's got a guaranteed Million quid for 5 weeks work every summer in India?

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I know we are pretty terrible but I would raise the question as to the point of playing County Cricket in September.

There's teams in division one struggling to get past 100 this week let alone in our division!

Nothing wrong with low scoring games, always find them the most entertaining. Besides, it's not like they can be fitted in at any other time.

10 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Nothing wrong with low scoring games, always find them the most entertaining. Besides, it's not like they can be fitted in at any other time.

But when they're only playing 14 fixtures (so not even playing each other twice which makes no ****ing sense) why not just play one round of fixtures?

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

But when they're only playing 14 fixtures (so not even playing each other twice which makes no ****ing sense) why not just play one round of fixtures?

Well yeah, the fact it isn't a complete double round robin isn't great at all. But why not play if the weather's fine, as it mostly is in September? April and May can be such a lottery that you can end up with loads of washouts - in a nine-game season between a third and half could end up as rain-affected draws. Batsmen need to challenge themselves to be able to adapt to playing on bad wickets. The fact that they're struggling shows just how much conditions favour batsmen most of the year.

That said, Somerset's groundsman may well be jobless by the end of today...