Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

17 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Enforced the follow on then, I would have batted them out of the game. Odds on us having a tricky chase of about 100 and making hard work of it?

No personally I think with the rain tomorrow making them follow on is the right decision, the wind is shocking and there are plenty of overs left today

Back up to fourth for a short while then, could well hold to 5th as well looking at other scores.

Have to say I think this further reinforces my late September point though. Too many formats, too many games shoehorned into too small a period of time with conditions near unplayable towards the end of the season.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Back up to fourth for a short while then, could well hold to 5th as well looking at other scores.

Have to say I think this further reinforces my late September point though. Too many formats, too many games shoehorned into too small a period of time with conditions near unplayable towards the end of the season.

Didn't seem to affect us too much batting yesterday? Yes, there have been a fair few low-scoring games knocking about in the past couple of weeks, but I think people are giving the conditions too much credit and poor batting technique too little credit here. It's an easy excuse for the losing side at this time of year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Didn't seem to affect us too much batting yesterday? Yes, there have been a fair few low-scoring games knocking about in the past couple of weeks, but I think people are giving the conditions too much credit and poor batting technique too little credit here. It's an easy excuse for the losing side at this time of year.

lol I guess. Maybe I don't want to go as far as saying Division 2 is pile of horse shit :( 

Wow, a superb win! Really hope that we can retain Abbas for next season, he's been our best overseas player for years. 

This result and our previous heavy losses to the likes of Sussex and Warwickshire makes me wonder whether there is a widening gap between the top and bottom of division 2, as well between divisions 1 and 2.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Must've been great to watch for the long-suffering regulars. 

We should beat Glamorgan next week and end with six wins which would be a really good effort despite the past month or so.

Hope so but Abbas not available understand we are  in in advanced talks to sign Wessels from Notts would be a great signing