Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

12 hours ago, Cake said:

Next game let's go without Eckersley, Raine, Parkinson, Cosgrove, they are either moving on or out of form. Let's give others a go. Javid, Swindels, Griffiths and Evans

Agree with the above apart from maybe Javid had a few chances this season and don't look anywhere near good enough

On 05/09/2018 at 15:28, Voll Blau said:

Well yeah, the fact it isn't a complete double round robin isn't great at all. But why not play if the weather's fine, as it mostly is in September? April and May can be such a lottery that you can end up with loads of washouts - in a nine-game season between a third and half could end up as rain-affected draws. Batsmen need to challenge themselves to be able to adapt to playing on bad wickets. The fact that they're struggling shows just how much conditions favour batsmen most of the year.

That said, Somerset's groundsman may well be jobless by the end of today...

I think generally batsmen can’t bat for long periods of time anymore, I’d look at batsmen’s techniques rather than blame pitches,If you look at the batting bonus points this season they are mostly low, with Surrey bucking the trend.

Id disagree with you regarding the Somerset groundsman he’s one of the most respected in the Country and is on the shortlist for the Lords job according to the Telegraph, it’s more likely he was asked to prepare a “result” pitch so Somerset could win and try and catch Surrey.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I think generally batsmen can’t bat for long periods of time anymore, I’d look at batsmen’s techniques rather than blame pitches,If you look at the batting bonus points this season they are mostly low, with Surrey bucking the trend.

Id disagree with you regarding the Somerset groundsman he’s one of the most respected in the Country and is on the shortlist for the Lords job according to the Telegraph, it’s more likely he was asked to prepare a “result” pitch so Somerset could win and try and catch Surrey.

Yeah, fair points. My remark about the Somerset groundsman was more a comment on how the cricket press/coaches seem to lose their shit any time there's a low scoring result. As you say, technique is to blame more often than not.

• Like 1

Right Azad who plays for the 2s, another ton anyone know anything about him looks good never played for the 1s., looks better than the majority.

Also a guy opening the bowling Kaevelos again looks like better than most can't we give these guys a go? Not much to lose.

Ackerman, Cosgrove, Dexter should be a good division 2 top order. Cosgrove has had a catastrophic run of poor form but I would be reasonably confident he will return. Ackerman is one of the best in the league and Dexter simply needs to show more discipline outside off stump. 

Our inability to create opening partnerships is a big worry. Let’s hope we can find a new batter. Trouble is there is a lack of batsmen who can dig in across the  country.

on the plus side the bowling has progressed hugely and even without the excellent Ben Raine we look in decent shape, particularly if Zak can have a season when he is fully fit. 

29 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Ackerman, Cosgrove, Dexter should be a good division 2 top order. Cosgrove has had a catastrophic run of poor form but I would be reasonably confident he will return. Ackerman is one of the best in the league and Dexter simply needs to show more discipline outside off stump. 

Our inability to create opening partnerships is a big worry. Let’s hope we can find a new batter. Trouble is there is a lack of batsmen who can dig in across the  country.

on the plus side the bowling has progressed hugely and even without the excellent Ben Raine we look in decent shape, particularly if Zak can have a season when he is fully fit. 

Fair point I'm serious about these 2 guys from the 2s really good performers I'm not sure if they are available. Azad would walk into our top order.