Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

5 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

quite a few of them excluding fixture vs us, what's the point. not going to travel to Headingley to watch yorkshire v worcs am I

A lot of our membership are proper cricket badgers who likely would do this. You see a fair few touring fans at Grace Road.

53 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

quite a few of them excluding fixture vs us, what's the point. not going to travel to Headingley to watch yorkshire v worcs am I

At the end of the day the important ones are there Notts, Derbyshire and Warwickshire. If you have a season ticket, are retired and county are away, why wouldn't you go to Trent Bridge/Edgbaston a couple of times a year for free to watch some cricket?

2 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Generally any members that are keen to watch us play away get free tickets off the players Nico was always the best in sorting out tickets when I went a few away fixtures 

Seems like a great idea to me, I can imagine a few retired members are going to love the chance to spend a day or two at Lords when we're not playing, taking in some cricket in the members stand!

When Azad first came in to the team he scored heavily, averaged 45 or something and frequently gave us a great platform.

Last season for Northants he played 9 games, averaged 19 and only scored a single 50 with an eye bleeding strike rate of 36.8.

That was in division one obviously but it feels like he's been figured out and failed to adapt his game to add more scoring shots. He's also no closer to playing any white ball games.

I'm not sure Sam Evans is any better really but he doesn't look any worse at this point and even has a 50 in a white ball final under his belt now and you only need one of these players really.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Like 2

On 18/10/2023 at 07:30, CrawlingFox said:

Great news for Patel, very well deserved.

Yes, really pleased with the progress that Rishi Patel is making, and great to see some hundreds under his belt now.

The next addition to his skillset needs to be the ability to scrape together ugly 30s-40s in moments of adversity for the team, rather than contribute to collapses with single figure failures (Budinger too). This means evaluating conditions quickly and adapting his game.

In that context, it's good that Evans has signed a new contract. There were times last season - very decent though it was - when I wished someone had dropped anchor for an hour, instead of us being next-to-nothing for 3.   Maybe Budinger and Patel will both benefit from the competition.

• Like 1

I think the club is very much going in the right direction and the Lions call ups and RA's central contract are an endorsement of that.

We are taking young talent and improving it.

It would appear that the quiet way Taylor and Thomas are going about things is much better than it was when Nixon was in charge. If they can mould Swindells into a full time middle order batsman and get more out of Sam Evans we have a decent squad.

The fall out of that mid season week was bleak but on the coaching front it looks like it's worked itself out really well. Of the three who decided to move on Chris Wright staying is huge. Ackerman leaves a really big hole but Parkinson not so much.

They look a tight knit bunch and the trophy should bring on some confidence. I'd be disappointed if we weren't up there in the promotion hunt next year.

Edited by HaroldBazBo
  • Like 3

On 21/10/2023 at 09:48, HaroldBazBo said:

I think the club is very much going in the right direction and the Lions call ups and RA's central contract are an endorsement of that.

We are taking young talent and improving it.

It would appear that the quiet way Taylor and Thomas are going about things is much better than it was when Nixon was in charge. If they can mould Swindells into a full time middle order batsman and get more out of Sam Evans we have a decent squad.

The fall out of that mid season week was bleak but on the coaching front it looks like it's worked itself out really well. Of the three who decided to move on Chris Wright staying is huge. Ackerman leaves a really big hole but Parkinson not so much.

They look a tight knit bunch and the trophy should bring on some confidence. I'd be disappointed if we weren't up there in the promotion hunt next year.

Completely agree with all of this especially about the coaching part. Wouldn’t surprise me if they appointed Taylor and Thomas as joint permanent head coaches. Could do a lot worse. They seemed to have changed the whole ethos of the playing staff