Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

On 27/10/2023 at 16:25, SemperEadem said:

Yeah it was last Wednesday, I went.

Amazed the fans that attended  managed to keep a straight  face when Jarvis said we needed  to attract 5k for t20 matches 4k for one day matches and 2k for championship matches .Even during the glory days in the late 90s we struggled to get more then 500.

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

Amazed the fans that attended  managed to keep a straight  face when Jarvis said we needed  to attract 5k for t20 matches 4k for one day matches and 2k for championship matches .Even during the glory days in the late 90s we struggled to get more then 500.

I guess that was aspirational. Remember back in the dark days of the 1980s LCFC frequently only attracted around 10,000 even in the top flight. And when I was a kid I'm pretty sure a 6,000 crowd was commonplace at LCCC for Sunday League games. Times change. But yes, it's one heck of an ask

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Did he say how he's going to achieve that? 

29 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

29 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

No he never does he likes using the word masterplan but never says what that actually intails. Worryingly  they did say the next financial  report is  going to make dismal reading and we only have the budget for one more signing which I guess will be Scott Currie.

On 31/10/2023 at 10:36, Graceroad said:

No he never does he likes using the word masterplan but never says what that actually intails. Worryingly  they did say the next financial  report is  going to make dismal reading and we only have the budget for one more signing which I guess will be Scott Currie.

Any updates on the new head coach?

9 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Sad to hear that John Stew the former catering manager has passed away. Lovely  guy and like Big Phil very much an unsung  hero around the club for many years

Such sad news, he did an amazing job for many years and only retired last year.

As you say both unsung heroes. 

On 06/11/2023 at 12:55, CoventryFox said:

Great news

That is good news, though we need a batting coach now. I'm surprised that finances are in such a bad shape, considering we cut so many players last season and this (very thin squad now) and got to and won the one day cup final 

10 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

That is good news, though we need a batting coach now. I'm surprised that finances are in such a bad shape, considering we cut so many players last season and this (very thin squad now) and got to and won the one day cup final 

Yep the finances seem worse then ever not even signing a replacement for Ackers.Hope people people begin  to wake up to the disaster  that is Sean Jarvis.

5 of the top 6 picks itself with the exception of who partners Patel opening and Cox will keep likely at 7:

Patel

Budinger/Evans

Hill

Handscomb

Mulder

-

Cox

Kimber, Swindells, Trevaskis and Ahmed competing for a spot at 5 or 6 with Mulder in the other spot?

Though given Mulder and Ahmed both bat and bowl we could drop Cox to 8 and fit two of them in.

Or Hill opens with Patel which makes more room. Frankly this may make sense as I think Swindells could offer a better balance than either ultra attacking Budinger or super slow Evans.

Edited by CrawlingFox

2 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

5 of the top 6 picks itself with the exception of who partners Patel opening and Cox will keep likely at 7:

Patel

Budinger/Evans

Hill

Handscomb

Mulder

-

Cox

Kimber, Swindells, Trevaskis and Ahmed competing for a spot at 5 or 6 with Mulder in the other spot?

Though given Mulder and Ahmed both bat and bowl we could drop Cox to 8 and fit two of them in.

Or Hill opens with Patel which makes more room. Frankly this may make sense as I think Swindells could offer a better balance than either ultra attacking Budinger or super slow Evans.

I think they’ll be another signing, probably an all rounder 

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I think they’ll be another signing, probably an all rounder 

Yes 1 more signing and that's it guess it's Scott Currie based on what Taylor said after the last match of the season but Paul van Meekeren been mentioned also don't think we have the money for both