Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Was it not Cobb who was shall we say disruptive to the dressing room last time around. Get he might have grown up and got bored of terrace bar now though.

He did leave about a decade ago though, at worst give him a year and he's only around for the T20 campaign anyway, and maybe some 50 over stuff if he isn't off at The Hundred.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Was it not Cobb who was shall we say disruptive to the dressing room last time around. Get he might have grown up and got bored of terrace bar now though.

Yeah, he was definitely among that clique. Think it'd be a culture shock for him as much as anyone else if he came back. The club's moved on.

Last season Cobb played 8 games in the Blast for Northants and averaged 10.85 at a s/r of 115 with the bat. Bowled 7 overs and went wicketless with an economy of 10.57. He was a shadow of the player of the previous season so it would be a gamble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Bowled him out once.

Misserable, annoying ****er as a teenager.

That's it, that's all I have to contribute.

He went to my school a few years before I was there. Was told point blank before my a-level PE practical exam (cricket - batting), as in walking in to the net, “by the way, the only person to score enough points to get an A was Josh Cobb so I’d set your sights a little lower if I was you”. 

Cheers 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Manini said:

He went to my school a few years before I was there. Was told point blank before my a-level PE practical exam (cricket - batting), as in walking in to the net, “by the way, the only person to score enough points to get an A was Josh Cobb so I’d set your sights a little lower if I was you”. 

Cheers 

It was funny occassionally coming up against lads like him going through the age groups. Just like 'what the **** am I meant to do against him, his only worry currently is to not smash windows with every shot' lol 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

It was funny occassionally coming up against lads like him going through the age groups. Just like 'what the **** am I meant to do against him, his only worry currently is to not smash windows with every shot' lol 

They changed tact I think a bit when it got to my era, they started suggesting they go and play men’s cricket for Ivanhoe and Loughborough from about 15 onwards so you were sort of shielded a bit, but yeah the odd one here and there the level in class was noticeable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manini said:

They changed tact I think a bit when it got to my era, they started suggesting they go and play men’s cricket for Ivanhoe and Loughborough from about 15 onwards so you were sort of shielded a bit, but yeah the odd one here and there the level in class was noticeable. 

He was playing for Kibworth at the time, u16's game, and I was at Leccy Sports, that shiny pavilion with all of its glass was in trouble lol 

Edited by AjcW

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

He was playing for Kibworth at the time, u16's game, and I was at Leccy Sports, that shiny pavilion with all of its glass was in trouble lol 

Course he was! I think he played for them this season in the odd game, I’m sure I saw him in a photo. 

I couldn’t think of anything worse than turning up hungover on a Saturday morning and seeing a current first class player lining up against you! 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Course he was! I think he played for them this season in the odd game, I’m sure I saw him in a photo. 

I couldn’t think of anything worse than turning up hungover on a Saturday morning and seeing a current first class player lining up against you! 

Yeah he played a game with Deiter Klein on the other side lol 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Quite worrying stories this week for the future of the English game. Two counties ready to sell themselves off to elevate issues and point themselves in the direction of pushing white ball cricket. 

I was always going to but this news today prompted me to ring up the club and renew my membership.

32 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Quite worrying stories this week for the future of the English game. Two counties ready to sell themselves off to elevate issues and point themselves in the direction of pushing white ball cricket. 

Is one Yorkshire and out of the 8.5bn people in the world going back to Graves? Who is the other one?