Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

11 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

I see another proper bowler coming in. I also see them trying to do a Hill with Swindells - i.e. forget the gloves and concentrate on the batting.

I agree on both points.

Would give us:

Batters:

Patel, Budinger, Evans, Hill, Swindells, Kimber, Handscomb (wk), Cox (wk)

All Rounders:

Mulder, Ahmed, Trevaskis

Bowlers:

Wright, Scriven, Walker, Hull, Salisbury + 1

(Ramji was only announced on a short term deal but is still on the squad page too...)

Assuming one other bowler gives us a squad of 17 or 18 depending on Ramji.

Reckon we could see another overseas signing for the Blast, Handscomb has a pretty average t20 record? Be handy if Budinger turned up in t20 next season and I think Kimber will go well again so we do have hitters though.

It's an exciting squad though, looks strong for 4 day and t20. And I think only 4 players over 30 which is an interesting contrast with Derbyshire's dad's army. Also 4 or 5 academy lads which is nice.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

I agree on both points.

Would give us:

Batters:

Patel, Budinger, Evans, Hill, Swindells, Kimber, Handscomb (wk), Cox (wk)

All Rounders:

Mulder, Ahmed, Trevaskis

Bowlers:

Wright, Scriven, Walker, Hull, Salisbury + 1

(Ramji was only announced on a short term deal but is still on the squad page too...)

Assuming one other bowler gives us a squad of 17 or 18 depending on Ramji.

Reckon we could see another overseas signing for the Blast, Handscomb has a pretty average t20 record? Be handy if Budinger turned up in t20 next season and I think Kimber will go well again so we do have hitters though.

It's an exciting squad though, looks strong for 4 day and t20. And I think only 4 players over 30 which is an interesting contrast with Derbyshire's dad's army. Also 4 or 5 academy lads which is nice.

Announced at the members forum that Sam Wood has signed a full time contract

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

All rounder on the way I reckon 

I'd like to see a spin all rounder come in to replace Ackermann as the only other options we have are Ahmed (who could miss games due to England commitments) and Travaskis.

Edited by Walshy5

1 hour ago, LBTufty said:

Rehan's been called up for both the ODI and T20 England squad as part of next month's West Indies tour. 

There's three ODIs against West Indies from December 3-9 and five T20Is from December 12-21. 

Be good to see how he gets on over there, they've got some class white ball spinners at the moment, be good for him to get a look at them.

19 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Any names who could he in the frame from players released elsewhere?

Or actually does Sam Wood fill this gap for a bowling all rounder.

In the last radio Leicester  cricket podcast of the season think it was Taylor  who let tne cat out of the bag about Scott Currie Signing. Think Sam Wood is an opening  bat

6 hours ago, Graceroad said:

In the last radio Leicester  cricket podcast of the season think it was Taylor  who let tne cat out of the bag about Scott Currie Signing. Think Sam Wood is an opening  bat

Sam Wood would be a bowling all rounder at first class level imo. 

6 hours ago, SMX11 said:

Sam Wood would be a bowling all rounder at first class level imo. 

Looking at his second xi stats that sounds about right. Took 13 wickets at 23 in 12 innings. Only Walker and Davis bowled more overs so he was used a fair bit. Averaged 8 with the bat but he did hit a 50 and managed 35 the prior season so can bat a bit it seems. Didn't bowl in the second xi t20.

Not sure Sam Wood adds a great deal tbh. Good luck to him and I'm sure he is a good guy but realistically is there any point to that signing? Academy prospects or top club players in the Midlands offer more imo

Someone like Arron Nijjar released by Essex has more experience great fielder can bat and is the same age. 

Edited by Cakey

9 hours ago, Cakey said:

Not sure Sam Wood adds a great deal tbh. Good luck to him and I'm sure he is a good guy but realistically is there any point to that signing? Academy prospects or top club players in the Midlands offer more imo

Someone like Arron Nijjar released by Essex has more experience great fielder can bat and is the same age. 

Sam Wood is 19 and is an academy prospect...

Nijjar is 29.

• Haha 1

Ben Mike of his last season with us is a good addition. His spell at Yorks was a disaster but I do think Thomas and Taylor are building an atmosphere that will help give him confidence and get the best out of him.

Needs to tighten up his bowling economy significantly across all formats though as that was always his biggest weakness.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Quite lucky to be getting a 3-yr deal (but then again, if someone like George Rhodes got one... 🙄) on the basis of a good breakthrough season at Leics and a decent concluding one. 

But as mentioned above, everything hinges on him becoming a more economical bowler. In isolation, I'm not sure that either his batting or his bowling is good enough to displace any existing squad member in any format (though there may be room for a competent pinch hitter in T20). 

1 hour ago, Zorrovolpe said:

Quite lucky to be getting a 3-yr deal (but then again, if someone like George Rhodes got one... 🙄) on the basis of a good breakthrough season at Leics and a decent concluding one. 

But as mentioned above, everything hinges on him becoming a more economical bowler. In isolation, I'm not sure that either his batting or his bowling is good enough to displace any existing squad member in any format (though there may be room for a competent pinch hitter in T20). 

George Rhodes and Ben Mike are not in the same group lets be honest. Mike is considerably better

• Like 1