Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Some good omens ahead of the new season with Wiaan Mulder's early season stand-in knocking a classy 131 on his return to Shield action. On top of Will Pucovski's ton, Handscomb scored 114 as the pair helped Victoria rack up 454-6d against Lyon and co.

• Like 4

On 18/02/2024 at 13:20, LBTufty said:

Some good omens ahead of the new season with Wiaan Mulder's early season stand-in knocking a classy 131 on his return to Shield action. On top of Will Pucovski's ton, Handscomb scored 114 as the pair helped Victoria rack up 454-6d against Lyon and co.

Mulder himself seems in good knick. 3 50s in the South African t20 and a ton in the first four day game.

The club have announced a loss of  440k in the last financial year which is very concerning . Knew we had made a loss but didn't realise things were that bad. Still sure Sean Jarvis has a masterplan up his sleeve and we have Haircut 100 and Toyah on the way so  reasons to be positive 

• Like 1

On 29/02/2024 at 12:40, Graceroad said:

The club have announced a loss of  440k in the last financial year which is very concerning . Knew we had made a loss but didn't realise things were that bad. Still sure Sean Jarvis has a masterplan up his sleeve and we have Haircut 100 and Toyah on the way so  reasons to be positive 

Really concerning considering we had a great season on the field. 

51 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Doubt we’ll be seeing Pucovski who has suffered another head injury.

Probably for the best. Someone who has has been hit on the head 15 times and had to retire entirely from the match in 12 of those matches has obviously got some serious issues either technically or with his eyesight. 

Feel for him. However when your announcing to the world your not picking the ball up at a certain length it doesn't bode well. 

12 retirements for concussion is unheard of surely? 

Edited by Cakey

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

12/1 with Betvictor to win the 2nd division, I'll have a tenner on that I think 

Really with no Ackerman Rehan hardly available and Wright a year older be amazed if we finish in the top 4

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Reckon we've got a reserve lined up for Pucovski?

I think they may just go without an overseas for a while. Shame really. As I've said before it's bizarre to get hit on the head that many times. 12 retirements? Wow.

3 minutes ago, Cakey said:

I think they may just go without an overseas for a while. Shame really. As I've said before it's bizarre to get hit on the head that many times. 12 retirements? Wow.

Not all from short balls are they? (The concussions) some have been odd incidents.

Also does he actually struggle against short stuff or is it more when he does take a slight knock others might brush off the side effects are greater? 

16 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not all from short balls are they? (The concussions) some have been odd incidents.

Also does he actually struggle against short stuff or is it more when he does take a slight knock others might brush off the side effects are greater? 

I'm not sure tbh. No not all short balls infact two were fielding. I can't work out if he is just really unlucky or more to it. Very odd. 

But as you say it does seem to really knock him back. Dizzy spells weeks on

2 hours ago, Cakey said:

I'm not sure tbh. No not all short balls infact two were fielding. I can't work out if he is just really unlucky or more to it. Very odd. 

But as you say it does seem to really knock him back. Dizzy spells weeks on

Yeah looked in to it more, seems one of the ones in the numbers mentioned was one he experienced playing Aussie Rules at school. Like you say hard to gauge if it's actually a technical, mental or perception issue or if you simply hear more about it when he does take a whack due to the after effects.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If you watch the one from the other day, he completely misjudged it and basically went head first towards the ball. I’d imagine there must be a technique thing involved. 

• Like 1

On 07/03/2024 at 18:38, Lionator said:

If you watch the one from the other day, he completely misjudged it and basically went head first towards the ball. I’d imagine there must be a technique thing involved. 

Cosgrove style, would fit right in for us

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Bidding to become a tier one professional women's county. Wise move given how annoyingly often we have to justify our own existence.

There’s 8 contracts. So it’s obviously going to be the richest counties one would imagine. It would be nice if none of the hundred affiliated counties got it but that’s wishful thinking. 

25 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Wonder if Loughborough University bid against or be part of the Leics bid. I’m guessing they’ll probably bid against.

Think all the bids have come from counties.

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There’s 8 contracts. So it’s obviously going to be the richest counties one would imagine. It would be nice if none of the hundred affiliated counties got it but that’s wishful thinking. 

Sadly, yeah. Feels like a stich-up in the making.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Do you know the other counties in for the spots?

Believe everyone except Derbyshire and Worcestershire applied in the end, though some will only be doing so because it looks good. Think we're among the more serious bidders.

• Like 1