Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

13 minutes ago, SickoDicko said:

Hope he doesn't face much short stuff, quality player but never hit the heights expected 

Not likely going to face much rapid stuff in April and May haha

Suggested Pucovski last year as part of a number of players who could of used County cricket to push for an Ashes place, superb player, shame the head knocks have stopped him really pushing on. Great to see us getting the cover for overseas signings right again. Also assuming Handscomb has perhaps had a word.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
Just read Handscomb gave us a good reference
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, SMX11 said:

Not likely going to face much rapid stuff in April and May haha

You can bet that some scrote will try their luck with short pitched stuff though, given the sort of opposition behaviour Leics have faced in recent years.

The umpires (and Leics) will quickly need to be on top of this rules-wise.

20 hours ago, Zorrovolpe said:

You can bet that some scrote will try their luck with short pitched stuff though, given the sort of opposition behaviour Leics have faced in recent years.

The umpires (and Leics) will quickly need to be on top of this rules-wise.

Shock horror bowlers might want to pitch  a few short balls to a guy who struggles against it.How unsporting they should  only be allowed  to use military medium paced bowling When's he's at the crease

18 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Shock horror bowlers might want to pitch  a few short balls to a guy who struggles against it.How unsporting they should  only be allowed  to use military medium paced bowling When's he's at the crease

He doesn't struggle against it does he? Bit of a myth as far as I'm aware, he's just had some bad luck with taking knocks to the head and the after effects.

7 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

He doesn't struggle against it does he? Bit of a myth as far as I'm aware, he's just had some bad luck with taking knocks to the head and the after effects.

You could argue that if he's getting knocks on the head he's probably not playing them very well. 

However county bowlers and pitches here it shouldn't be too threatening for him lol 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

You could argue that if he's getting knocks on the head he's probably not playing them very well. 

However county bowlers and pitches here it shouldn't be too threatening for him lol 

I did think this 😂 although I've read he doesn't actually get hit a lot or anymore than anyone else it's more the effects it has on him.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

4 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Fancy getting down more next season only really been the odd time. Best option to get a membership I take it? 

There’s early bird prices available for a couple more weeks. Adult is just over £200 to get into everything. It’s about £100 for a white ball pass. I don’t think they’re doing the just T20 tickets they have done in previous seasons.

What you should get probably depends on how much you think you can get down. There’s always entry on the gate which is around £15 per game/day.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Fancy getting down more next season only really been the odd time. Best option to get a membership I take it? 

Depends how regular you’re going to go, if you can commit to every game full

membership is a no brainer.  

• Like 1

The club are absolutely desperate for members. They need both bodies in the ground and coffers in the pot. The membership has increased since Jarvis came in and dropped the price but it still is a pretty low number for our county. If you can afford it please do think about becoming a member. As i'm sure you are aware being a member of a cricket club is wildly different to say being a 'member' down the city, this actually means something.

There is a £140 price for everything bar T20 also as well as the £200 all in and white ball passes. 

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

The club are absolutely desperate for members. They need both bodies in the ground and coffers in the pot. The membership has increased since Jarvis came in and dropped the price but it still is a pretty low number for our county. If you can afford it please do think about becoming a member. As i'm sure you are aware being a member of a cricket club is wildly different to say being a 'member' down the city, this actually means something.

There is a £140 price for everything bar T20 also as well as the £200 all in and white ball passes. 

Not sure about dropping the price quite a big increase on last season .Understand the forthcoming financial  report for the last 12 months will make dismal reading

21 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Not sure about dropping the price quite a big increase on last season .Understand the forthcoming financial  report for the last 12 months will make dismal reading

I meant it was dropped when he first came in. Pretty sure its still lower now than the Davidson/Khan years price.

On 02/02/2024 at 08:52, SemperEadem said:

I meant it was dropped when he first came in. Pretty sure its still lower now than the Davidson/Khan years price.

Not sure about that but don't forget we got an extra championship plus tour match back then