Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

4 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Who knows but I know an ex commitee  member who told me this plus fangofox said the same and he's normally spot on with  what's going on behind the scenes. Hope they get it sorted they lost money  with payoffs to Wayne White and Tom New who had fall outs with coaches.

True yeah . Doesn't happen in the real world be nobody left in the construction industry if everyone left after a row. 

He is a great bowler but just move him on if it gets like that. 

White and New as you say wouldn't have got a game elsewhere and didn't really. Different with him  

Made it sound earlier like a bereavement or personal issue at home..

Odd rest of us would have to get on with it but sportsmen are very well protected which I get  

12 hours ago, Lionator said:

What would they even disagree over? Wright is one of the most chilled, grounded people you'll meet in county cricket so I can't get my head around it.

It's so stupid. 

Agreed. If it is simply a row of some kind, however intense it was, then the Chief Executive needs to get on top of the situation, lead some kind of mediation process in which both parties apologies and shake hands, in order to get one of our assets back to work.

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Agreed. If it is simply a row of some kind, however intense it was, then the Chief Executive needs to get on top of the situation, lead some kind of mediation process in which both parties apologies and shake hands, in order to get one of our assets back to work.

He must be away for a specific reason though. Can't just not come in because you had an argument? Not even training or in any photos. 

38 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

LCCC have released a list of players with their sponsors and Wright again doesn’t feature

Yep. That's what I was saying above. Not even using the nets or the gym. Guy I know on the grounds team said it was something at home not an argument. He hadn't even been in to the ground he said. Mystery 

1 hour ago, Cakey said:

Yep. That's what I was saying above. Not even using the nets or the gym. Guy I know on the grounds team said it was something at home not an argument. He hadn't even been in to the ground he said. Mystery 

I guess if it's a sad family issue then he deserves all the time he needs. Might be worth the powers that be communicating that, rather like the Harry Brook tour withdrawal decision earlier in the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

I guess if it's a sad family issue then he deserves all the time he needs. Might be worth the powers that be communicating that, rather like the Harry Brook tour withdrawal decision earlier in the year.

Wouldn’t have to if it wasn’t for narcissistic idiots spreading baseless rumours online. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cakey said:

He’s got his own gym at home hasn’t he? Think he puts that down to his longevity. His willingness  to play though just makes the absence all the more puzzling and worrying. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cakey said:

I've heard along similar lines.

• Like 1

Wright missing is bad but would have been a disaster at the start of last season.

Scriven has since emerged and Salisbury looked solid enough once fit last year too. Currie looks OK as a rotation option and Hull will be back fit soon. And Mike was our most economical bowler and took the most wickets last week so hopefully he's been working hard ahead of a consistent Summer...

And we have Mulder to come in too.

I really hope all is well with Wright and he's back soon. This could be the first season in a few where he can lead an attack instead of carrying it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Wright missing is bad but would have been a disaster at the start of last season.

Scriven has since emerged and Salisbury looked solid enough once fit last year too. Currie looks OK as a rotation option and Hull will be back fit soon. And Mike was our most economical bowler and took the most wickets last week so hopefully he's been working hard ahead of a consistent Summer...

And we have Mulder to come in too.

I really hope all is well with Wright and he's back soon. This could be the first season in a few where he can lead an attack instead of carrying it.

Agree with you up to a point however don't see any of our bowlers other then Wright getting close to 50 wickets. However div2 looks pretty weak this season apart from maybe Sussex if they have Robinson available  so it's wide open imo

20 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Agree with you up to a point however don't see any of our bowlers other then Wright getting close to 50 wickets. However div2 looks pretty weak this season apart from maybe Sussex if they have Robinson available  so it's wide open imo

Scrivo had 39 at 23 in 12 games last season and was getting better with every game in the run in.

Mulder had 26 at 17 in 10 games and I think didn't bowl for a chunk of those. Can't recall how much he's available this season though.

Salisbury and Currie admittedly more the supporting act with Hull still young and unknown how quickly he'll start realising the potential.

Compare to a couple years ago when it was Wright plus some of Griffiths, Davis, Evans, Sakande and so on...

We also have Mike who can be anything from unplayable to unwatchable!

I think this is the best our attack has looked for some years, still much stronger with Wright in it of course though.

45 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Scrivo had 39 at 23 in 12 games last season and was getting better with every game in the run in.

Mulder had 26 at 17 in 10 games and I think didn't bowl for a chunk of those. Can't recall how much he's available this season though.

Salisbury and Currie admittedly more the supporting act with Hull still young and unknown how quickly he'll start realising the potential.

Compare to a couple years ago when it was Wright plus some of Griffiths, Davis, Evans, Sakande and so on...

We also have Mike who can be anything from unplayable to unwatchable!

I think this is the best our attack has looked for some years, still much stronger with Wright in it of course though.

Must admit didn't realise Scriven got that amount of wickets last season. noway big game tomorrow  against a strong Sussex side although it seems Ollie Robinson will be rested which is a huge bonus

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Still at a loss as to what we saw in Currie. Offered nowt both against and for us last season.

Hope this post comes back to bite me, genuinely.

I imagine Hull will come in for him. As that's the only other seamer we have lolsticking  my neck out there. 

Trevaskis for Ahmed. That's it I'd think? Zero other options 

2 hours ago, Cakey said:

I imagine Hull will come in for him. As that's the only other seamer we have lolsticking  my neck out there. 

Trevaskis for Ahmed. That's it I'd think? Zero other options 

We have Walker too though aside from running through India's test lineup in a friendly I don't think he's ever done anything.

14 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

We have Walker too though aside from running through India's test lineup in a friendly I don't think he's ever done anything.

Only actually played 3 CC games at average of 40 so it's hard to say how good he is yet. Has some potential as he's not 24 yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

I think he has a side strain. Again. May be wrong 

Still think 

Patel Budinger Harris Hadscombe Hill is a better top 5 than Patel Harris Kimber Hill Hadscombe. 

You've moved everyone to accommodate one man. Could have just played Harris at 3 and then move Hill back to 3 when Mulder gers here. Going to have move them all again in a few weeks....

Can't see Kimber getting many at 3 tbh. Hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Still think 

Patel Budinger Harris Hadscombe Hill is a better top 5 than Patel Harris Kimber Hill Hadscombe. 

You've moved everyone to accommodate one man. Could have just played Harris at 3 and then move Hill back to 3 when Mulder gers here. Going to have move them all again in a few weeks....

Can't see Kimber getting many at 3 tbh. Hope I'm wrong. 

Agrees on the batting line up, don't think Kimber gets in for me.

No Ollie Robinson for Sussex but they've got Jayden Seales from WI.

Good weather forecast for next three days so should get a result.