Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

13 hours ago, smudger63 said:

A massive Ackerman sized hole we never filled, and that has already showed today.

I disagree with this. On paper I think Harris makes our top 6 better than last years in the same game. Though not much in it.

2024 - 2023

Patel - Patel

Harris - Budinger

Kimber - Hill

Hill - Ackermann

Handsomb - Mulder

Ahmed - Ahmed

We'll obviously see as the season goes on though. When Harris leaves we'll probably also be without Ahmed so Mulder will go in at 6. Budinger or Evans weaker at the top so hopefully one has a great season...

Edited by CrawlingFox

25 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

That 119 partnership was a 9th wicket record for Leicestershire.

Only against Yorkshire, overall record is 160.

Mile playing like a man with a point to prove against them lot.

7 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Poor Michael Finan, could only bowl 5 overs for Northants as he went for 44, at 8.80 and over! 

Watched some of it he did have a catch dropped off his bowling early on  the but after that he was all over the place

9 minutes ago, BigWesMorgan said:

One of the most talented batsmen in the world playing in division 2 - what could possibly go wrong? 

Yep, he'd be a joy to watch if it wasn't against us. Some lovely strokes.

44 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Notts likely on the end of a pretty big loss, great day for Sam Cook

Scuttled out for 80 to make a great start for the week.

Ben Mike closing in on a five-for to go with his 90. 

Fair play Ben Mike. A double wicket maiden and his batting exploits means he’s probably picked us up an extra five bonus points. Probably five more than he helped Yorkshire get all last season.

Wasn’t overly sure if having him back would be a good thing but hopefully he’s set for a good season.

• Like 2

On 06/04/2024 at 12:46, Graceroad said:

Huge Bust up with Thomas if the rumours  are to be believed 

Do you think that's true. I mean it happens but you've still got to work surely. 

Can't just not turn up indefinitely surely? 

We will see. Always something 

Not entirely sure how Moores is still in a job at Notts. 

Good at white ball but he's hopefully in the CC

Edited by AjcW

1 hour ago, Cakey said:

Do you think that's true. I mean it happens but you've still got to work surely. 

Needs to be some sort of resolution if it's true, he can't sit out the whole season (we can't afford to pay a player and not have him play) and Alfonso has just signed a new contract. They might be able to organise a loan somewhere else, if there can't be a mediated resolution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cakey said:

Who knows but I know an ex commitee  member who told me this plus fangofox said the same and he's normally spot on with  what's going on behind the scenes. Hope they get it sorted they lost money  with payoffs to Wayne White and Tom New who had fall outs with coaches.

13 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Needs to be some sort of resolution if it's true, he can't sit out the whole season (we can't afford to pay a player and not have him play) and Alfonso has just signed a new contract. They might be able to organise a loan somewhere else, if there can't be a mediated resolution.

Suppose the only good thing with Wright being a very useful player is I'm sure plenty of other clubs would take on the contact.Last thing we need is another payoff