Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

33 minutes ago, CoventryFox said:

Finan’s at Northants then. Strange one that 

He was OK at times. Then the following week he couldn't hit the cut strip. Went for to.many runs and is inferior to what we already have. 

May be a bit bold but I think we currently have a better squad than Northants but let's see. 

2 hours ago, Cakey said:

He was OK at times. Then the following week he couldn't hit the cut strip. Went for to.many runs and is inferior to what we already have. 

May be a bit bold but I think we currently have a better squad than Northants but let's see. 

Do think he had promise on occasions  certainly  got decent pace close run thing regarding our squad and Northants although Sanderson is a better bowler then any of ours and Pritav  Shaw will rip up div 2 when he arrives

3 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Do think he had promise on occasions  certainly  got decent pace close run thing regarding our squad and Northants although Sanderson is a better bowler then any of ours and Pritav  Shaw will rip up div 2 when he arrives

Forgot to say they have also signed the Aussie Chris Tremain who had a fantastic season back home so they are stronger bowling wise we are stronger in 5he batting department though

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Yep. Didn't play or Hull. Pretty certain. Not sure what's going on there. Hull injured

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

Can't see the post on twitter or should I say X he blocked me but is it true that Fangofox  has posted that he's no longer supporting the foxes and will be following Durham this season?

Check the date 😁

8 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Can't see the post on twitter or should I say X he blocked me but is it true that Fangofox  has posted that he's no longer supporting the foxes and will be following Durham this season?

He is odd. Think it's old but yeah. Used to be entertaining when he argued with Wayne White. 

When are our Australians arriving? 

They available first game? 

13 hours ago, Cakey said:

He is odd. Think it's old but yeah. Used to be entertaining when he argued with Wayne White. 

Not sure but they aren't  currently in the test side so should both be available 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2024 at 17:49, Cakey said:

Was stirring the pot again yesterday saying the coach has fallen out with a player already.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2024 at 17:49, Cakey said:

Photos of both of them in the nets on the club instagram page, so they should available, assuming not injuries.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Was stirring the pot again yesterday saying the coach has fallen out with a player already.

Chris Wright apparently. Not in the squad photo too. Would be foolish given the circumstances of him re-signing. 

17 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

How do we see us lining up tomorrow? 

I’ll guess at: 

Patel 

Harris 

Hill 

Handscomb

Kimber 

Cox 

Trevaskis/Ahmed

Mike

Scriven 

Wright/Walker?

Salisbury 

Thoughts?

Won't be far off. They like Patel and Bollinger though. They keep saying that. I wonder if Hill will drop to 5 and Harris go to 3. Leaving Patel and Bollinger to open? 

Then Hill back to 3 and Mulder 5 on his return.

Not saying I'd do that but it's a thought. Less disruption I guess 

Think Ahmed will play and Wright. 

Yeah, with Ahmed I wasn’t too sure on his availability. As with Wright if the rumours are true. 

Agree on Budinger too and he sounded in good nick in the short friendly we had last week. Scores quickly but can give his wicket away too easy and too often. 

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Ahmed surely plays due to the ECB likely telling us that this must happen.

Also do we really want to give him any reason to think about jumping ship? The one benefit of playing for us over a bigger county is game time.

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

How do we see us lining up tomorrow? 

I’ll guess at: 

Patel 

Harris 

Hill 

Handscomb

Kimber 

Cox 

Trevaskis/Ahmed

Mike

Scriven 

Wright/Walker?

Salisbury 

Thoughts?

Listening to the Talking Foxes podcast, Wright definitely isn’t playing and Walker is likely injured due to a side strain picked up in the warm up game. Scott Currie probably in for him I’m guessing.

Ahmed is pretty much nailed on to play, not just from any directive from the ECB, but apparently because he’s going on a pilgrimage to Mecca before linking up with England.

The batting looks great, Division One standard arguably. The bowling still looks weak without Wright. Anyone know when Hull’s back? 

3 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Listening to the Talking Foxes podcast, Wright definitely isn’t playing and Walker is likely injured due to a side strain picked up in the warm up game. Scott Currie probably in for him I’m guessing.

Ahmed is pretty much nailed on to play, not just from any directive from the ECB, but apparently because he’s going on a pilgrimage to Mecca before linking up with England.

The batting looks great, Division One standard arguably. The bowling still looks weak without Wright. Anyone know when Hull’s back? 

Yes, Rae said there was no timeline for him being available and it was for personal reasons, which could mean anything. Roman Walker has a bad side strain and will be out for a while, so we are down to 4 seamers, with Mulder, Hull, Walker and Wright not available. Let's hope nobody steps on a football tomorrow morning. As you say, Rehan only available for this game. Already at the point where another loan looks necessary.