Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

34 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Yes, Rae said there was no timeline for him being available and it was for personal reasons, which could mean anything. Roman Walker has a bad side strain and will be out for a while, so we are down to 4 seamers, with Mulder, Hull, Walker and Wright not available. Let's hope nobody steps on a football tomorrow morning. As you say, Rehan only available for this game. Already at the point where another loan looks necessary. 

Salisbury too

Just listened to the podcast, really good. Rishi Patel came across really well and the future is definitely bright for him….

a bit concerned with the Wright situation though. Smoke and mirrors. 

So, Pete will be our new T20 skipper. Solid batter , calm and very well respected within the camp. Onwards and upwards! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoventryFox said:

Just listened to the podcast, really good. Rishi Patel came across really well and the future is definitely bright for him….

a bit concerned with the Wright situation though. Smoke and mirrors. 

So, Pete will be our new T20 skipper. Solid batter , calm and very well respected within the camp. Onwards and upwards! 

Where is this podcast available to listen to?

Guess we should make the most of Rehan while he's available really, though we need to bed Trevaskis in as soon as possible. If we're going to have a good season then we need him to pick up a lot of slack left by the departures who went the other way.

Predictions for the first class lineup?

Patel

Harris

Hill

Handscomb

Kimber

Ahmed

Cox

Mike

Scriven

Currie

Salisbury

Perhaps? Hopefully we get Ben Mike bowling some of his good spells not some of his spells that go for 6 or more an over. Think Yorkshire only got the latter so he must have saved the former up for his return!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Patel

Harris

Hill

Handscomb

Kimber

Ahmed

Cox

Mike

Scriven

Currie

Salisbury

Perhaps? Hopefully we get Ben Mike bowling some of his good spells not some of his spells that go for 6 or more an over. Think Yorkshire only got the latter so he must have saved the former up for his return!

Pretty sure he will go with Bullinger and Patel to open. Hill at 5. But let's see. No point having Bullinger in the squad otherwise. Could be wrong. Sometimes hard to guess. It causes the least disruption until Mulder returns. 

Let's see. Don't need 14 anyway really. 

Bowling picks itself I guess. No other options

Edited by Cakey

48 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Patel

Harris

Hill

Handscomb

Kimber

Ahmed

Cox

Mike

Scriven

Currie

Salisbury

Good batting line-up with Scriven at 9, but Wright is a big miss, not just for his bowling, but his useful runs as well.

31 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Pretty sure he will go with Bullinger and Patel to open. Hill at 5. But let's see. No point having Bullinger in the squad otherwise. Could be wrong. Sometimes hard to guess. It causes the least disruption until Mulder returns. 

Let's see. Don't need 14 anyway really. 

Bowling picks itself I guess. No other options

I think you may be right and wouldn't surprise me.

For me though Patel and Harris is a rock solid opening pair and if there is a platform set then Hill, Ahmed, Kimber and Mike actually could all make hay and score rapidly. Handscomb obviously a top drawer bat in any situation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Good batting line-up with Scriven at 9, but Wright is a big miss, not just for his bowling, but his useful runs as well.

Yeah Wright is the heartbeat of the side. Big loss. Scriven has a good opportunity now though to step up and lead the attack. Salisbury will need to provide the experienced head too.

I really think Mike has much more potential as a batter than a bowler as he's just so expensive so had hoped if we saw him then it wouldn't be with as much pressure as he'll have as a front line bowler (though as a bat he doesn't make the top 6 in this format I suppose). Then again every now and then when conditions help he can bowl unplayable spells. Would love to see him bowling more economically now he's entering his prime years.

14 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Trying to work out who the 8 departures were after the end of last season. Can think of 6 ie Parky, Ackers, Barnes, Alex Evans, Sakande, Griffiths. Are the others Bowley and the reserve wicket keeper whose name evades me?

Will Davis went but is back on trial.

Edit I sat trial but that might not be strictly true. Training with us maybe better.

Edited by SemperEadem

12 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Trying to work out who the 8 departures were after the end of last season. Can think of 6 ie Parky, Ackers, Barnes, Alex Evans, Sakande, Griffiths. Are the others Bowley and the reserve wicket keeper whose name evades me?

Some of those ie Sakande A Evans  Griffiths left in 2022 as did Bowley and Bates players who left at the end of last season were Barnes Finnian Davis Parky Ackers Steel Lilley that's 7 can't think of anyone else off hand

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Some of those ie Sakande A Evans  Griffiths left in 2022 as did Bowley and Bates players who left at the end of last season were Barnes Finnian Davis Parky Ackers Steel Lilley that's 7 can't think of anyone else off hand

Welch is the only other I can think of though I think he was released earlier to go and play in Zimbabwe.

16 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

I think you may be right and wouldn't surprise me.

For me though Patel and Harris is a rock solid opening pair and if there is a platform set then Hill, Ahmed, Kimber and Mike actually could all make hay and score rapidly. Handscomb obviously a top drawer bat in any situation.

True. Messed everyone around now to accommodate one player. Which I don't get.  Hill at 3 rather than Kimber ? But let's see

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yeah it'll be hard for Yorkshire to take them against our batting line up. 

I'd back theirs over ours if one's going to.

Mind you, Harris is making them look like club players at the moment. So good to watch.

2 hours ago, Cakey said:

True. Messed everyone around now to accommodate one player. Which I don't get.  Hill at 3 rather than Kimber ? But let's see

I feel Kimber has batted at 3 before, maybe opened as well but then we've had musical chairs at times in our batting order.

Hill did well at 3 last season though so bit strange.

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

164-5. Didn't get a chance to watch. Under par or an okay score on a tricky deck?

We were 83-1 when I switched off, and hadn’t been too troubled to that point, so would say under par. Yorks did get a bit of movement off the pitch though. Obviously a lot of sides won the toss and bowled today, but there wasn’t as many wickets across the country as you might expect, possibly because they’re using the kookaburra ball this round.