Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Top secret City match

We Won!

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1025609,00.html

Leicester City's Under-18s booked their place in the FA Premier Academy League Final with a hard-fought 3-2 victory over Arsenal on Tuesday lunchtime.

Steve Beaglehole's side will now meet Sunderland at The Stadium of Light on Sunday (May 20) with the winners earning the right to represent their country at a tournament in Dallas later this year.

More details to follow in due course.

That's pretty impressive.

They'll annihilate Sunderland in the final.

Though brilliant news it is.

Its just more fuel for Thracians fire.

At least they seem to be winning some respect although, to be fair, a few posters on here always did have respect for them.

Will the SoL game be in secret too?.

That's 18 goals from 22 games for McKay now and 20 from 19 for Odhiambo.

Doesn't sound as if there was any temptation to go defensive because they were playing Arsenal and playing away.

That's pretty impressive.

They'll annihilate Sunderland in the final.

I wouldn't say things like that. They have been known to hiccup most particularly in the FA Youth Cup (I think it's called) when they've been dumped by inferior teams for the last two years at least.

Bring on the Sunderland...and Arsenal, bring on the Scousers by the score.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, they will make a mighty bid but they won't beat the Leicester anymore

great to see McKay banging them in again and proving the doubters wrong.

Though brilliant news it is.

Its just more fuel for Thracians fire.

Great news for the club and the academy. We always talk of bringing in Arsenal youngsters on loan and getting envious of their youth system so its reassuring to know that our kids are more than a match for them. Hopefully with a reserve team in place next season a few of these players will be able to continue their development. Maybe this time next year a few of them might be ready for the first team and can prove Thracian right.

Bring on the Sunderland...and Arsenal, bring on the Scousers by the score.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, they will make a mighty bid but they won't beat the Leicester anymore

great to see McKay banging them in again and proving the doubters wrong.

Billy's had a smashing season but, like the others, still has work to do to finally "make it". Unfortunately the youngsters' biggest knockers are almost always people who never watch them play.

For now I'm just delighted that they've done the club proud, and in such style. Their football has been a treat from one end of the season to the other and well done Steve Beaglehole for keeping them focused and remaining true to their style even when under pressure.

Fingers crossed now for a grand finale and a performance which reflects exactly what they're all about.

Billy's had a smashing season but, like the others, still has work to do to finally "make it". Unfortunately the youngsters' biggest knockers are almost always people who never watch them play.

For now I'm just delighted that they've done the club proud, and in such style. Their football has been a treat from one end of the season to the other and well done Steve Beaglehole for keeping them focused and remaining true to their style even when under pressure.

Fingers crossed now for a grand finale and a performance which reflects exactly what they're all about.

People don't really knock them that much, they just say they're not ready for the first team yet, which is largely true for the most part you'd have to admit.

There not poor not at all but it gets boring after every first team match certain people call for the kids to be thrown in and some threads get changed into a Fryatt vs Elvis/Dodds contest.

Not all of them will be as mentally strong as Mattock also the change from a winning side to a losing one would be a big factor and not to forget the quality of the opposition.

Mattock has done so well because of his driven personality but you cant say that the rest of them will be the same ?

Its already been proven with Dodds who was leathal at Acadamy and Reserve level and he cant cut the butter in league 2

BTW i don't have issues, some people are just blinded by a bit of success.

What with this success from the youth of Leicester City and the great success with the oldies, in the Masters! What has happened to the in between part, i.e the most important age group???? :frusty:

That's a very good question and I would start by looking at the approach.

You wouldn't see a Beaglehole team playing like the first team.

It's commonplace to see the entire side occupying the opposition half from the halfway line forwards.

It's normal to see both full-backs within 30 yards of goal and the left-back even getting to the byline to get crosses in.

The Academy never play without a driving attacker in midfield.

Their right winger scores at around a goal a game and there's three 18-odd goals a season guys altogther and a goalscoring central midfielder too. Oh yes and the left-winger scores a few too.

And attack means attack with often five and six lads, occasionally seven, pounding the opposition box at a time.

What a contrast to the first team.

Goals against?. Never many cos the opposition have enough trouble getting sufficient players back to keep City out at the other end.

Mobility is the key. They are fast, fit and they never let up. Even when they're 5-0 up they want another goal.

And when 3-0 down they never consider they're beaten. They just keep pounding away.

They might not have the same pedigree but their style of play is exactly like Manchester United.

They're marauders. They swarm over opponents from all directions like pirates attacking an unwary ship.

And setbacks only make them attack faster and in even greater numbers.

Hold em for half an hour and take the sting out of the game? I doubt they've ever heard such nonsense. Not from Beaglehole.

If they can't score in the first five minutes they'll concentrate on the next five and when they do score they'll try to core again. Simple, uncomplicated and brilliant to watch.

Similarities to the first team? Same number of players I suppose.

"The timing of this game, immediately after the European Under-17 Championships, forced Bould to field a weakened team. Fran Merida, who helped Spain to glory in Belgium, was an unused substitute while England duo Rhys Murphy and Henri Lansbury also played no part."

Arsenal's excuse for the defeat then basically - off their website!

"The timing of this game, immediately after the European Under-17 Championships, forced Bould to field a weakened team. Fran Merida, who helped Spain to glory in Belgium, was an unused substitute while England duo Rhys Murphy and Henri Lansbury also played no part."

Arsenal's excuse for the defeat then basically - off their website!

We were also missing our best player, Joe Mattock. Or were we?? I've not seen the team? Gradel and King haven't been playing recently for our Academy either, possibly due to their age.

That's a very good question and I would start by looking at the approach.

You wouldn't see a Beaglehole team playing like the first team.

It's commonplace to see the entire side occupying the opposition half from the halfway line forwards.

It's normal to see both full-backs within 30 yards of goal and the left-back even getting to the byline to get crosses in.

The Academy never play without a driving attacker in midfield.

Their right winger scores at around a goal a game and there's three 18-odd goals a season guys altogther and a goalscoring central midfielder too. Oh yes and the left-winger scores a few too.

And attack means attack with often five and six lads, occasionally seven, pounding the opposition box at a time.

What a contrast to the first team.

Goals against?. Never many cos the opposition have enough trouble getting sufficient players back to keep City out at the other end.

Mobility is the key. They are fast, fit and they never let up. Even when they're 5-0 up they want another goal.

And when 3-0 down they never consider they're beaten. They just keep pounding away.

They might not have the same pedigree but their style of play is exactly like Manchester United.

They're marauders. They swarm over opponents from all directions like pirates attacking an unwary ship.

And setbacks only make them attack faster and in even greater numbers.

Hold em for half an hour and take the sting out of the game? I doubt they've ever heard such nonsense. Not from Beaglehole.

If they can't score in the first five minutes they'll concentrate on the next five and when they do score they'll try to core again. Simple, uncomplicated and brilliant to watch.

Similarities to the first team? Same number of players I suppose.

I think thats largely due to there being little at stake, the style of play that is. You played the first team in a similar game and I'm damn sure the same would happen.

Academy March On

Leicester City's Under-18s booked their place in the FA Premier Academy League Final with a hard-fought 3-2 victory over Arsenal on Tuesday lunchtime.

Billy McKay (2) and Eric Odhiambo grabbed the goals for the jubilant Foxes.

Steve Beaglehole's side will now meet Sunderland at The Stadium of Light on Sunday (May 20) with the winners earning the right to represent their country at a tournament in Dallas later this year.

Rudkin Hails 'Magnificent Achievement'

Walkers Youth Academy Manager Jon Rudkin was quick to heap deserved praise on City's Under-18s after they reached the prestigious FA Premier League Final.

The Foxes, who topped Group B, overcame Arsenal 3-2 on Tuesday afternoon to set up a clash with Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Sunday (May 20).

"This is a magnificent achievement," said an elated Rudkin. "We turned in one of our best performances of the season against a major club within the Academy set-up.

"We are now all looking forward to the final but won't be taking anything for granted."

Billy McKay opened the scoring for the visitors after 20 minutes following some impressive work by Ryan Beswick down the flank.

Arsenal's Polish international keeper kept his side in the game with a succession of fine saves and was rewarded when the Gunners drew level soon after to make it one apiece at the interval.

Rudkin added: "Arsenal came out strongly after half-time and probably started the better but we maintained our discipline and shape and took full advantage as a result."

A tremendous goal from Eric Odhiambo restored City's advantage on the hour then a second from McKay 10 minutes later all but sealed the game as a contest.

The hosts pulled a goal back seven minutes from time but City's Under-18s stood firm to spark the celebrations.

"We didn't look edgy and didn't look nervous at all and fully deserved the victory," Rudkin said.

City: Pentney, Cox, Garner, Lycett, Rowe-Turner, Gradel (Chambers), King, Magunda, Beswick (Mattock), Odhiambo, McKay. Subs not used: Tuttle, Cisak, Howard.

Archived