Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

New deal for hume

I don't recall either saying much about "getting something" out of the game though - other than a win.

To be fair, Man United and Chelsea have no reason what so ever to fear other teams. They have the best players in the entire country.

Good morning,

I can confirm today that Iain Hume has signed a new three-year contract.

Iain is a player who I have got a lot of respect for.

I think it is fair to say that I have never really liked him. We used to play against him when he was at Tranmere and I never really liked him because he was always good, if that makes sense.

He was too busy for my liking. He was a thorn in my side and I did, and have done in the past, taken an immediate dislike to him.

But I am delighted that he has commited to us for the next three years. I got the deal agreed last week while I was on holiday and it has been signed.

He has now gone away with Canada. I am looking forward to working with him.

Martin

What the heck is he made of, this coach?

Barton will be seething. First his beloved Hughes & Maybury are up for a pittance and now the beastly Hume is given a new 3 year deal.

:D

Very pleased with this. One of only a few players that have been worth a new contract over the past few years. I don't want to tempt fate but it would be nice to have a player here that will score more than 30 goals in his entire stay at this club.

Since i've supported Leicester (1990) there have probably been less than ten players to score 30 or more goals in their career at Leicester. That's disgusting.

lol

Not seething but I fail to see what all the fuss is about Hume is. He has demonstrated he is nothing more than a lower CCC player to date and his many flaws have been highlighted on here before. Still many get taken in by badge kissing antics.

That said if Allen believes in him then that'll do for me. I went head long in support with the MM episode and that means I back him and his decisions to the hilt until we can pass fair and objective judgement.

lol

He has demonstrated he is nothing more than a lower CCC player to date

i think hes shown that hes maybe to good for this league i dont understand how people can be so horrible to him he was amazing

During Hume's time with us we have been nothing more than a lower CCC team.

If he has some quality to work with, especially in midfield, we may find out next season what his true worth is.

lol

Not seething but I fail to see what all the fuss is about Hume is. He has demonstrated he is nothing more than a lower CCC player to date and his many flaws have been highlighted on here before. Still many get taken in by badge kissing antics.

That said if Allen believes in him then that'll do for me. I went head long in support with the MM episode and that means I back him and his decisions to the hilt until we can pass fair and objective judgement.

Look at that, see? Get rid of the incompetent board and he's actually quite a nice bloke.

I'm pleased with this news.

Hume's a player I think a lot of people would want to see stay, hopefully this shows our determination to go forward, :thumbup:

The epitome of an allen player I'd imagine. What with Don Mackay's arrival MA must have gone home a reasonably happy man yesterday.

+1 Signing Hume.

+1 Involvement of Mackay

+0.5 New goalkeeper.

+0.5 N'Gotty

+1 Transfer Listing Hughes.

+1 TL Maybury.

-0.5 TL Hammond (Didn't deserve that considering some who're still here. Hope he stays and proves his usefulness off the bench. don't imagine for one minute he will.).

Altogether + 4.5 for the day.

Why only +1 for transfer listing Hughes? Hes gotta get more points than that and if he gets any money back then he should be on a triple word score :thumbup:

Makes him about 6.5 in credit from his standing start. He'll be qualifying for sainthood at this rate. :D

Mind you he'll need something in hand for when the season starts because I've been generous to him on the players giving a plus for their pedigree ahead of their actual performances.

And I should caution that even Kelly would have got ahead at one stage, had I bothered with a points system.

Glad I didn't in his case!

Anyway - encouraging start.

Top scorer every season since he joined the club. Admittedly that's only 2 seasons but I wouldn't like to think where we'd be without his goals these last 2 years.

Playing in a better city team next season will lighten the load on him so he won't have to be so selfish, let's face it there aren't many I'd pass to if I'd been in the side this year.

Excellent news

Lets just hope the rest of the players are asking themselves why they havn't been offered a new deal. Hopefully they will be able to answer the same question aswell.

Mind you I doubt they be that bright to realise!

Well Done Humey, Keep up the good work, Keep up the passion and give your team mates a kick up the lazy arses!

Archived