Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

12th Signing

I'm betting four barrels of rum that we have signed Bruce's rug.

Apparently his scalp rejected it after the last face lift and it has been looking for somewhere else for a while now.

Downside is that I think it will be on a sodding big salary.

bruce_forsythe_203_203x152.jpg

DJ Campbell signing may be the kick in the bum Matt Fryatt needs.

Yeah. Out.

I'm trying not to think about the price. It's just naughty.

It's far, far worse than naughty. It's outrageous!

I hope he's worth it :unsure:

I'm not too concerned about the rice as long as he does the business, its Mandaric who has to pay. Clubs sign over priced players all the time, i doubt Spurs fans are worried about the fees paid for Bale and Bent if they do well. Look at Fulham, they have spent a large amount of money on players, including 6million on Kamara, if they get a top ten finish i dont think they will care they have paid over the odds.

If we get in the top six because of DJ's goals, i wont care if he cost 5million.

Only if Kenton leaves then we do need another.

The price for Campbell is a lot but i'd like to see him and Fryatt up top, Fryatts our best finisher when fully fit.

It really does look unlikely that Fryatt will be here next year, especially after this signing.

The price for Campbell is a lot but i'd like to see him and Fryatt up top, Fryatts our best finisher when fully fit.

I wonder what Iain Hume would have to say about that.

For me the words Myth and Magic come to mind.

On the debit side, DJ Campbell was on his way to Watford yesterday, until Leicester City increased their offer and began yet another bidding war.

"When DJ eventually goes, then I will have lost six players from last season," said the Blues boss. "It's important that I have 23 or 24 players in the squad if I can, all competing.

http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News...1075659,00.html

:unsure:

He can make the tea surely? Slice half-time oranges? There's plenty to occupy him with while someone decent gets on with the job of being centre-back.

Am I the only one who finds this a silly signing? 7 forwards?

We have four, Hume, Cort, DJ and Deep Freeze. Fryatt and Elvis are surplus and Sappleton is a kid. If another striker comes in (Fowler) it will knock The fridge out of the four.

De Vries and Hammond are on the list, so are therefore surplus to requirements, that leaves us with five. Sappleton is a kid, reserve team football for him next year, and Fryatt may leave. I wouldn't want to go into the season with Hume and Cort.

:unsure:

He can make the tea surely? Slice half-time oranges? There's plenty to occupy him with while someone decent gets on with the job of being centre-back.

You're too mild. I'm sure Douglas and Kenton's weenies on show in the Calendar for a-foxers 2007-8 would be a hit.

:ermm::dunno:

Why?

Because we only have 3 out and out ones, N'Gotty, Kisnorbo and Gazza M. N'Gotty is 36 and Kisnorbo is banned LOTS!! If we don't sign one then Stearman has got to be converted into one this season.

De Vries and Hammond are on the list, so are therefore surplus to requirements, that leaves us with five. Sappleton is a kid, reserve team football for him next year, and Fryatt may leave. I wouldn't want to go into the season with Hume and Cort.

Only a valid point if someone actually wants them.

There'll be a few on the way out before the new season starts.

Can't see DeVries sticking with us any longer and Fryatt's rumoured to be on the way out, too (Wolves?).

As for Hammond... Err...

Deduct Hume, since he's not a true striker, and we're already back to four:

Campbell

Cort

Odhiambo

Dodds

:blink:

Archived