Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

12th Signing

It should but he was in London yesterday talking to Watford :dunno:
Yeah, I believe his exact words wereFu ck you Elton, bruv, your music ain't even halfway ghetto chooon, sling yer 'ook loverboy, I'm off to join some other joke outfit. My main hombre Elvis tell me they pay you good sh it even if you're absolute wa nk.
Hey boy.Hey girl.Superstar DJ.Here we go!
Last night a DJ saved my life.(not technically true)(on a technicality mind. A demonstable one and everything).

City agree £2.1million fee for striker DJ

by Bill Anderson

Leicester City appear to have won the race for Birmingham City striker DJ Campbell, who is set to seal a £2.1million move today.

Championship rivals Charlton, Cardiff and Watford, where he was understood to have had talks earlier this week, had all expressed an interest.

But the 25-year-old chose to be re-united with his former Brentford boss Martin Allen at the Walkers Stadium.

Campbell will become the third Blues player from last season's promoted side to sign in the summer, following defender Bruno N'Gotty and midfielder Stephen Clemence, if his medical checks, held last night, and contract talks are successfully completed to take City's signings to the round dozen.

City have also snapped up Radostin Kishishev, Sergio Hellings, Carl Cort, Jimmy Nielsen, James Chambers, Shaun Newton, Hossein Kaebi, Ricky Sappleton and Jon Hayes.

One surprise move at City is the departure of Don McKay.

The recently-appointed sports director, along with chief scout Lil Fuccillo, have seen their roles made redundant in what City describe as “restructuring†of the set-up, although the club would make no further comment.

But it is Campbell's signing that is of most importance to Allen, and he knows his new charge well having taken him from non-league football to the Bees.

Campbell's scoring record for the Blues last season was 13 goals in 20 starts, and the hope is that he could become that much desired and rare commodity, the 20-goals-a-season man.

That would make him an instant hit with the fans, who seem already excited at the new-look squad, and they might see Campbell in action, if not tonight at Mansfield then against Notts County at the Walkers tomorrow, if the deal goes through.

Campbell's arrival would underline chairman Milan Mandaric's pledge to increase the firepower of the squad, and City are also competing with Cardiff for Robbie Fowler's interest.

It would also increase competition up front with Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt, Cort, Sappleton and rejuvenated transfer-listed pair Mark De Vries and Elvis Hammond, all jostling to make an impact.

Fryatt had been attracting interest from several clubs, including Wolves, and Campbell's arrival could lead to more speculation as City might want to off-set some of their expenditure.

City agree £2.1million fee for striker DJ

by Bill Anderson

Leicester City appear to have won the race for Birmingham City striker DJ Campbell, who is set to seal a £2.1million move today.

Championship rivals Charlton, Cardiff and Watford, where he was understood to have had talks earlier this week, had all expressed an interest.

But the 25-year-old chose to be re-united with his former Brentford boss Martin Allen at the Walkers Stadium.

Campbell will become the third Blues player from last season's promoted side to sign in the summer, following defender Bruno N'Gotty and midfielder Stephen Clemence, if his medical checks, held last night, and contract talks are successfully completed to take City's signings to the round dozen.

City have also snapped up Radostin Kishishev, Sergio Hellings, Carl Cort, Jimmy Nielsen, James Chambers, Shaun Newton, Hossein Kaebi, Ricky Sappleton and Jon Hayes.

One surprise move at City is the departure of Don McKay.

The recently-appointed sports director, along with chief scout Lil Fuccillo, have seen their roles made redundant in what City describe as "restructuring" of the set-up, although the club would make no further comment.

But it is Campbell's signing that is of most importance to Allen, and he knows his new charge well having taken him from non-league football to the Bees.

Campbell's scoring record for the Blues last season was 13 goals in 20 starts, and the hope is that he could become that much desired and rare commodity, the 20-goals-a-season man.

That would make him an instant hit with the fans, who seem already excited at the new-look squad, and they might see Campbell in action, if not tonight at Mansfield then against Notts County at the Walkers tomorrow, if the deal goes through.

Campbell's arrival would underline chairman Milan Mandaric's pledge to increase the firepower of the squad, and City are also competing with Cardiff for Robbie Fowler's interest.

It would also increase competition up front with Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt, Cort, Sappleton and rejuvenated transfer-listed pair Mark De Vries and Elvis Hammond, all jostling to make an impact.

Fryatt had been attracting interest from several clubs, including Wolves, and Campbell's arrival could lead to more speculation as City might want to off-set some of their expenditure.

:mellow:

I think the price is just a sign of the times, there aren't any cheap strikers going.

13 goals as a bit part player last season is good. I think with good service and regular football he can score 20+. And if that happens, none of us will be complaining.

I'd rather have 2 point 4 children, than Campbell for that price but i'm going to try and remain optimistic.

I doubt he'll score more than Hume next season who some don't believe was worth the £500,000 we paid up front for.

I'd rather have 2 point 4 children, than Campbell for that price but i'm going to try and remain optimistic.

Don't believe the lies - I got the children but no cnut is offering me £2.1M for them.

I've tried remaining optimistic but it just gets you down thinking you may have to keep them for, you know, life or something.

Hope it's DJ, though I'd be happy with Fowler too. One's a massive fee, one'd be massive wages. Come the end of the season we'd still have spent tons of money on one or the other of them.

Could it be someone completely out of the blue that Milan's pulled out of the hat, though?

Archived