Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rocky Dennis

Clem The Captain

Allen Announces Club Captain

Posted on: Sat 28 Jul 2007

0,,10274~3319220,00.jpg

Good morning to all our supporters.

Yesterday evening I had a meeting with Stephen Clemence to offer him the prestigious position of team captain. I did this after consultation with Bruno N'Gotty, Radostin Kishishev, Iain Hume, Richard Stearman and of course all the staff - including Macca the kit man and Elv the bus driver.

I wanted a man that was respected by everyone. He brings leadership qualities as he leads by example. He is calm, unflustered and is steady and stable off the field. He is not an ostentatious flashy Jack the Lad type and he has experience of leading a team and taking them to the division above.

Stephen himself was chuffed to bits when I told him and I am sure he is going to do me, himself and this Football Club proud.

Take care,

Martin

I don't see this as any major surprise really. Captain of one of last seasons promoted sides, all adds up to me.

Maybe with Kisnorbo not being around all pre-season it damaged any chance he had of becoming captain. :dunno:

Allen obviously has alot of time for him. probably due to Stearman being our longest serving player and made most first team appearances out of the current lot (i think) even though he is only 19.

Kisnorbo and Hume have more. Maybe others too.

What odds on Clemence being player of the season two season's running?

I'm more excited about him being at the club than any of the other signings (possibly with the exception of Kaebi).

The perfect choice. He`s someone who has had a good career despite the hassle he must have got with a famous footballing dad and seems to have got better with age, with the acclaim he achieved last season by players and fans at Brum being a guide to his improvement. The good thing is he`ll be a vocal captain which is what we need big time. Nice one MA. :thumbup:

Allen Announces Club Captain

Posted on: Sat 28 Jul 2007

0,,10274~3319220,00.jpg

Good morning to all our supporters.

Yesterday evening I had a meeting with Stephen Clemence to offer him the prestigious position of team captain. I did this after consultation with Bruno N'Gotty, Radostin Kishishev, Iain Hume, Richard Stearman and of course all the staff - including Macca the kit man and Elv the bus driver.

I wanted a man that was respected by everyone. He brings leadership qualities as he leads by example. He is calm, unflustered and is steady and stable off the field. He is not an ostentatious flashy Jack the Lad type and he has experience of leading a team and taking them to the division above.

Stephen himself was chuffed to bits when I told him and I am sure he is going to do me, himself and this Football Club proud.

Take care,

Martin

As long as Elv the bus driver & Macca the kit man thought it was a good choice.. then thats good enough for me lol

Archived