Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Are you more confident now

Are you more confident?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Yes, no, same!

• Yes
    • No
    • Same

It certainly would of been nice to see Kaebi over the over season period, but due to the Asia Cup and injury we couldn't.

I manged to get to Quorn, Hinckley and Notts County, all were fairly good games, but pre season results don't really mean a lot.

If Allen is impressed with what he has seen then that's what matters!

Role on Saturday :thumbup:

I'm a lot more confident now that I have seen the likes of Clem, Kishishev, N'Gotty and DJ play, to see that they are really quite good. Also, to see that Weso and Stearman are playing very well, better than I've ever remembered them.

Also, Neilsen isn't looking too good :unsure:

Not really, I spoke to a few people after the Portsmouth game on Saturday and they seemed to be watching a different game to me, I would say we played bad on Saturday and Portsmouth are a good team but I feel we didn't have enough to compete against the best in the Championship, and I know promotion this season is very optomistic, and IMO out of the question but I would like to hope there was a slim chance of it, I know Saturday was only a friendly against a good team but I feel there is no chance!

My main worry which I know plenty of people will disagree with me for, but hey what's new? is that De Vries has featured so much, I'll admit on Saturday I did see a different De Vries, he has improved...marginly, and it's still not a big enough improvement for me to have faith or confidence in De Vries up front, Take De Vries out of the question and I may be slightly more confident!

My expectation is between 6th and 10th anything less and i'll be disappointed. The aim play-offs (But I think the play-offs are to early for us, Improvement this season a push for promotion next season)

In reality after seeing Saturday I can see us finishing between 10th and 15th...Which won't be enough of an improvement to please me. I really do hope i'm wrong, but as always at the start of every season (For the last 5/6 season's) I always seem to be saying the same thing...I pray to god i'm wrong this season!

As I said though take De Vries out of the question and I think my whole view would change and I may actually believe between 6th and 10th would be the reality! It really is the matter of 1 player!

Not really, I spoke to a few people after the Portsmouth game on Saturday and they seemed to be watching a different game to me, I would say we played bad on Saturday and Portsmouth are a good team but I feel we didn't have enough to compete against the best in the Championship, and I know promotion this season is very optomistic, and IMO out of the question but I would like to hope there was a slim chance of it, I know Saturday was only a friendly against a good team but I feel there is no chance!

My main worry which I know plenty of people will disagree with me for, but hey what's new? is that De Vries has featured so much, I'll admit on Saturday I did see a different De Vries, he has improved...marginly, and it's still not a big enough improvement for me to have faith or confidence in De Vries up front, Take De Vries out of the question and I may be slightly more confident!

My expectation is between 6th and 10th anything less and i'll be disappointed. The aim play-offs (But I think the play-offs are to early for us, Improvement this season a push for promotion next season)

In reality after seeing Saturday I can see us finishing between 10th and 15th...Which won't be enough of an improvement to please me. I really do hope i'm wrong, but as always at the start of every season (For the last 5/6 season's) I always seem to be saying the same thing...I pray to god i'm wrong this season!

You?

Not satisfied?

Blow me.

I'm very disappointed with the new squad. Giving certain folks squad number just emphasises just how little progress has been made. The side looks unbalanced and the left flank looks very vulnerable. As for the attack, I can't see where the goals will come from. Hope I'm wrong though!

You?

Not satisfied?

Blow me.

I hope i'm very very wrong,but lack of goals will be our downfall,cause even now our defence still drops of to sleep even after 30 seconds of a game,and having watched the goals scored against us,i worry.

so Please city prove me very very Wrong. UP THE CITY

I'm very disappointed with the new squad. Giving certain folks squad number just emphasises just how little progress has been made. The side looks unbalanced and the left flank looks very vulnerable. As for the attack, I can't see where the goals will come from. Hope I'm wrong though!

Hello TPH, Not seen many of your post's for a while, Its been fairly quiet in your absence, been nice, have you been away or have I just had the pleasure of missing them?!

Looks like i'm not the only one with abit of fear or dissatisfaction

It's nothing to do with the friendlies, I was hoping for around four more players and a couple of decent loans. I still think we'll make Top10 but there is no way we are going to be challenging for a play-off spot at the end of the season just with the current bunch.

I'm certainly happier this season and looking forward to going to games again, but I had secretly hoped for a real barn-storming squad to be assembled (unreasonable I know).

made me more confident..due to how well the team has played in the frendlies. :)

DID you go to the Pompey game???

I wouldn't have said they played well,and i'm always trying to find positives!!!

(some would say i am just trying....very trying!) :blink:

I'm very confident for this season a head. The squad looks good MA has made some good signings and i hope he will make some more before or during the season. I no we got beat 3-1 agaisnt Portsmouth but we wont be playing many sides like them this season pompey have some very good players and will be contenders for europe this season i think we did well agaisnt them.

Bring on the new season, Starting with Blackpool

:chant::scarf: :scarf: :chant:COME ON YOU BLUES :chant::scarf::scarf::chant:

DID you go to the Pompey game???

I wouldn't have said they played well,and i'm always trying to find positives!!!

(some would say i am just trying....very trying!) :blink:

even though they lost i thought they did well against a side pushing for europe..and if it wernt for david james we could have won the game....but hey we r all entitled to our own opinions :thumbup:

More confident?

Presuming you mean of success I always believed our new leaders would have some impact and that's been the case. Not only have we signed some better players than last season but our young players are a year older, stronger and, presumably wiser.

Martin Allen is clearly a thorough, hard-working, man-motivating manager and MM will presumably be there to plus any obvious deficiencies with his wallet.

But I wouldn't say the friendlies have made me more confident.

Generally the opposition hasn't been good enough.

Some of our signings have disappointed me so far. Cort particularly but there are others too. That may change of course but to me some of our old problems are still there when I thought they'd have been sorted.

Other things have been pleasing.

People look close to being fit. Free kicks have clearly been worked on purposefully even if there's fine tuning to be done. There is dramatically more movement in the side and much more of an inclination to pass our way out of trouble instead of giving the ball away needlessly with thoughtless hoofs.

Midfield is different class to last season, the players seem focused and there is far more competition for places, particularly in attack and midfield.

But, success to me now is top six and I'm still not convinced we're equipped to achieve that. Either tactically or in terms of personnel.

Philosophically too I'm concerned that MA, like many fans, focuses on hardcase football at the expense of skill and effect.

For instance, and this is not a meant as a plug for one over the other, Mattock's rough, ready, driving style is preferred to the cultured football of Sheehan yet it's Sheehan, time and again, who has created the more opportunities. Both are good players but that top six place will not be achieved without all the goals I've talked about.

To me MA needs to focus on the process of us getting those goals. And so far we haven't scored enough for the kind of teams we've been playing, particularly against the better sides.

Archived