Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

Allen on Brink?

From the Mirror Link

Fuming Leicester owner Milan Mandaric is ready to axe boss Martin Allen.

Mandaric has already sounded out senior players after a disastrous start to the season.

And James Wesolowski's fourth-minute winner against Accrington Stanley in the Carling Cup last night may not be enough to save Allen.

AdvertisementMandaric may bring in a senior figure to work with Allen (above) or possibly replace him in the leading role - with veteran Brian Little the favoured option. Little was a huge success at Leicester in his previous spell, but has been out of work since leaving Tranmere a couple of years ago.

Allen and Mandaric are also at loggerheads over the signing of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Mandaric set up the transfer and agreed terms, but Allen then asked the Dutchman to come on trial.

It is an embarrassment for Mandaric who claimed last night he was "backing his manager" but behind the scenes there are growing problems.

Is this a joke or what???

Disastrous start to the season???

1 win,1 narrow loss!!!!

Spurs have spent million over the summer and have lost to Sunderland Away and Everton at home!!!.....Martin Jol must be shitting himself!!!

Im sure the Daily Mirror had a real top class journo write that article....in between having a shit and having his fcuking breakfast!!!

What a load of shite!!!! :unsure:

Is this a joke or what???

Disastrous start to the season???

1 win,1 narrow loss!!!!

Spurs have spent million over the summer and have lost to Sunderland Away and Everton at home!!!.....Martin Jol must be shitting himself!!!

Im sure the Daily Mirror had a real top class journo write that article....in between having a shit and having his fcuking breakfast!!!

What a load of shite!!!! :unsure:

Think its more to do with this JFH business. But just posting what i read. MM was made to look a bit of a fool on SSN last night, i wonder if MA hadn't given him all the detials.

Think its more to do with this JFH business. But just posting what i read. MM was made to look a bit of a fool on SSN last night, i wonder if MA hadn't given him all the detials.

Not hammering you pal :thumbup:

But cant really expect MA to have any player that MM wants him to.

MM may well own the club and have the money,but surely its MA who has to work with the players and he must pick the team?

Hope this don't get messy???

Im sure it will be all okay!!! :D:unsure:

Not hammering you pal :thumbup:

But cant really expect MA to have any player that MM wants him to.

MM may well own the club and have the money,but surely its MA who has to work with the players and he must pick the team?

Hope this don't get messy???

Im sure it will be all okay!!! :D:unsure:

Not sure thats the issue, of course you can't i agree with you.

But think it was how it was done JFH said he spoke the MA and MM on friday, then MA again on sunday.

Then he was told to go home on the monday. Not right really, makes the club and Milan look stupid.

Allen should have said on friday he didn't want him, or may he did.

I am surprised we haven't had our first 'Sack the Manager' poll of the new season! :D

The article is complete b*ll*cks overall, I think the Journalist was just looking to make up a story to fill column inches.

MA is his own man though. It has echoes of the time Doug Ellis bought David Ginola against the wishes of John Gregory. On that occasion JG gave in, it will be interesting to watch how this pans out!

Simon

I worry for MA, not because of this Haselbaink issue, more so his tactical knowledge and the signings he's made.

I know it's early days but MM will not take kindly to failure, MA will have to get his side 'ship shape' and quick, or another 2 defeats will be on the horizon and we will be bootom of the league by end of august!!!

Milan probably needs an opinionated and strong manager to stop him making silly signings, just look at Portsmouth without Harry in charge!

I'm happy to see that Allen will fight his corner, if that is what is happening.

This absolutely hilarious, I cannot remember ever seeing a new manager of a team being rumoured for the chop after just one league game!

Totally absurd.

Barton was on here yesterday saying the "bust-up" was no such thing. And I more readily believe him than some nobody at the Mirror or wherever else these rumours stemmed from.

And where the f**k do they get disastrous start from. Garbage. Absolute, infuriatingly bad, garbage.

This is utter bollocks. Mandaric might be ruthless, but he's not as bad as what the media and some people make him out to be. He tried his hardest to keep Rob Kelly in the job for as long as possible! That's hardly the traits of a man who's allegedly a trigger happy boss.

If Mandaric was that bothered by what's gone on, he'd have signed Hasselbaink anyway.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/6944015.stm

short memory then ; what about neil macdonald at carlisle :whistle:

He wasn't at the the club for just one league game though was he, he was in charge last season.

Rushedn did sack their manager after one game though, and Steve Clardige was sacked from Millwall without playing a single competitve game.

Sounds like a load bollocks to me... then again i could understand jitters at the first rough patch, but nothing that would suggest a serious crisis - in stark contrast to the likes of CL and K*lly at least Allen inspires some confidence that if there are problems he can tackle them... what worries me most of all is that for all the chances we've created our strikers cant slam the ball into the back of the sodding net! :unsure:

Archived