Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Leicester fans the best in the world!

apparently we are shit away fans according to that forum :) never sell our allocation apparently :S nice one forest fans - best in teh world :rolleyes:

We never really sell out our application.

Barnsley was only because of the Free Travel. Wolves - 500?!

:rolleyes:

I had a mate at uni last year who was a Leeds fan. Went to a few Leeds away days with him. Their support puts anything we've mustered in the last 5 years to shame, even for shitty meaningless games against teams they don't care about. Our support has been embarrassingly bad for such a long time!

I had a mate at uni last year who was a Leeds fan. Went to a few Leeds away days with him. Their support puts anything we've mustered in the last 5 years to shame, even for shitty meaningless games against teams they don't care about. Our support has been embarrassingly bad for such a long time!

Where's the middle ground with Leicester fans? Honestly it's a joke readng some of the stuff on here.

In one corner we've got maddog and the dweebs saying we're the best fans in the country/world and in the other corner we've got wolly and the grumpsters moaning about how embarassingly bad we are.

The truth is that we aren't even the best fans in this league, nevermind the country or even the world, to suggest we are is ridiculous. But at the same time we generally have a very vocal, large away following who make me proud to support Leicester when I join them. Our home support is poor, but on occasion we raise our game and show that the Walkers can have a fantastic atmosphere.

Overall I would say we have an excellent, loyal fanbase that has struggled with a move to a new stadium but still turn out in numbers both home and away. We're not the best (see Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, Pompey, etc for that) but we are far from the worst.

Where's the middle ground with Leicester fans? Honestly it's a joke readng some of the stuff on here.

In one corner we've got maddog and the dweebs saying we're the best fans in the country/world and in the other corner we've got wolly and the grumpsters moaning about how embarassingly bad we are.

The truth is that we aren't even the best fans in this league, nevermind the country or even the world, to suggest we are is ridiculous. But at the same time we generally have a very vocal, large away following who make me proud to support Leicester when I join them. Our home support is poor, but on occasion we raise our game and show that the Walkers can have a fantastic atmosphere.

Overall I would say we have an excellent, loyal fanbase that has struggled with a move to a new stadium but still turn out in numbers both home and away. We're not the best (see Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, Pompey, etc for that) but we are far from the worst.

:worship:

If you ever dis' maddog again I give you a shoe'in.

maddog is King, maddog's word is word.

Golden :cool:

you trying to say we are shit supporters :(

Absolutely fantastic.

4.jpg

you trying to say we are shit supporters :(

We've got a decent set of supporters - our attendances are pretty remarkable given how shit we've been for a while. When we were in the Premiership in the Walkers we must have been in the top half of the table for average home attendances.

However, our home atmosphere IS embarrassing. Be honest, it is absolute garbage, and is such a shame given that at Filbo (hate to hark back to old times, but in this case it's so true) we had one of the home supports in the top two tiers in terms of a) our enjoyment and b) our opponents intimidation. Don't give me any shit about there being loads of worse fans, we make loads of noise sometimes etc - it's not true. We are probably amongst the worst home atmospheres in the entire football league, full stop. People will disagree but well, you're wrong.

Our away support is decent at times but come on, it's nowhere near as good as some out there. Very middle of the road. The guys at Palace seem to consider that one of the better showings, but still it was only the back 10 rows or so standing and singing, the front 3/4 of the stand sat and barely sang at all. Those there CAN NOT DENY THIS - and if an away support came to the Walkers, with only the back few rows standing and singing apart from when we've just scored (what should have been) an 87th minute winner, they'd get ridiculed.

However, our home atmosphere IS embarrassing. Be honest, it is absolute garbage, and is such a shame given that at Filbo (hate to hark back to old times, but in this case it's so true) we had one of the home supports in the top two tiers in terms of a) our enjoyment and b) our opponents intimidation.

This is just the sort of attitude that holds the Walkers back. Get over it, and do something about it!

We've got a decent set of supporters - our attendances are pretty remarkable given how shit we've been for a while. When we were in the Premiership in the Walkers we must have been in the top half of the table for average home attendances.

However, our home atmosphere IS embarrassing. Be honest, it is absolute garbage, and is such a shame given that at Filbo (hate to hark back to old times, but in this case it's so true) we had one of the home supports in the top two tiers in terms of a) our enjoyment and b) our opponents intimidation. Don't give me any shit about there being loads of worse fans, we make loads of noise sometimes etc - it's not true. We are probably amongst the worst home atmospheres in the entire football league, full stop. People will disagree but well, you're wrong.

Our away support is decent at times but come on, it's nowhere near as good as some out there. Very middle of the road. The guys at Palace seem to consider that one of the better showings, but still it was only the back 10 rows or so standing and singing, the front 3/4 of the stand sat and barely sang at all. Those there CAN NOT DENY THIS - and if an away support came to the Walkers, with only the back few rows standing and singing apart from when we've just scored (what should have been) an 87th minute winner, they'd get ridiculed.

Our home support wasn't awful when we whooped Sheffield United 4-2 at home. Or when we played Spurs, or Villa or Fulham.

I think there's a psychological difference between home and away.

Away we know we're up against it. The fans are almost by definition the most dedicated and single minded. They're determined on having a good day out and are intent on singing and making their presence felt whatever.

At home, core supporters are mixed with the more casual fans, and even West Stand types who wouldn't really want to yell, scream and draw attention to themselves if they were dropped in boiling fat.

Even in parts of the kop if you wrapped some of em up in bandages they'd pass as mummies for the amount of life in em.

Occasionally they're stirred but the animation spells have been largely lost these last few years and, rather than supporting City, they more or less witness games in fairly numbed silence.

Sometimes there's a mild burst of abuse, sometimes an optimistic cheer or chant, but more often just silent shakes of the head or despairing comments to their immediate neighbours.

Broadly no passion and attacking commitment from the team equals no passion and commitment from the fans and what a good barometer of our achievement levels at home the vocal soundtrack would make.

Sadly we'll never be consistently successful at home until we change that tune and to do that we need to change our philiosophies to something much more Kevin Keegan than George Graham.

Our home support wasn't awful when we whooped Sheffield United 4-2 at home. Or when we played Spurs, or Villa or Fulham.

Away we know we're up against it. The fans are almost by definition the most dedicated and single minded. They're determined on having a good day out and are intent on singing and making their presence felt whatever.

At home, core supporters are mixed with the more casual fans, and even West Stand types who wouldn't really want to yell, scream and draw attention to themselves if they were dropped in boiling fat.

Even in parts of the kop if you wrapped some of em up in bandages they'd pass as mummies for the amount of life in em.

Occasionally they're stirred but the animation spells have been largely lost these last few years and, rather than supporting City, they more or less witness games in fairly numbed silence.

Sometimes there's a mild burst of abuse, sometimes an optimistic cheer or chant, but more often just silent shakes of the head or despairing comments to their immediate neighbours.

Broadly no passion and attacking commitment from the team equals no passion and commitment from the fans and what a good barometer of our achievement levels at home the vocal soundtrack would make.

Sadly we'll never be consistently successful at home until we change that tune and to do that we need to change our philiosophies to something much more Kevin Keegan than George Graham.

I was agreeing with you up to the last bit. Fans want to support winners.

Kevin Keegan; never won anything.

George Graham; titles and trophies by the sackful.

I'm not sure City fans are any worse than most clubs at home, and the away support has always been impressive over the years. It's just that the cost of attending coupled with all-seater stadia have changed most "modern" supporters into mutes. Just a sign of the times I fear.

And, surely, vocal support depends on how successful the team is at the time. I'm not convinced the playing style has anything to do with it - other than being a bonus. The examples you give above were mainly F.A. Cup games where City were underdogs and not yet out of the competition. Hence the optimism. Also, the playing styles of the team for those games were hardly Keeganesque either.

I'm not sure City fans are any worse than most clubs at home, and the away support has always been impressive over the years. It's just that the cost of attending coupled with all-seater stadia have changed most "modern" supporters into mutes. Just a sign of the times I fear.

And, surely, vocal support depends on how successful the team is at the time. I'm not convinced the playing style has anything to do with it - other than being a bonus. The examples you give above were mainly F.A. Cup games where City were underdogs and not yet out of the competition. Hence the optimism. Also, the playing styles of the team for those games were hardly Keeganesque either.

No but there was drama and the attempt to have a go in the cup matches. And plenty of Cup matches you wouldn't easily remember and where the atmosphere was flat.

Against Sheffield United we simply did what we should have done far more often and the fans loved it even though we were never in with a chance of doing anything in the League.

Yet I didn't hear much joy from the stands that year when we played Burnley and Queens Park Rangers.

I suppose the effect of playing style will only be seen when we present some opportunity to compile evidence - modern opportunity that is.

Hopefully that won't be too long coming.

I don't think a team like Real Betis would take 5300 fans to an above average Spanish division 1 side.

Would Man Utd take 5300 fans to Forest or us no. :whistle:

If it was a local derby, 30 miles away, then Real Betis would probably take more.

Lets think about it. Short drive up the M1. Its for*st. Its £4 for many.

This is nothing special. We took 8,000 Blackburn did we not? :blink:

However, our home atmosphere IS embarrassing. Be honest, it is absolute garbage, and is such a shame given that at Filbo (hate to hark back to old times, but in this case it's so true) we had one of the home supports in the top two tiers in terms of a) our enjoyment and b) our opponents intimidation.

Let's have it right - even in the "good old days" of Filbo, three sides of the ground were pretty mute, as was the upper tier of the fourth.

The acoustics of the old Kop were able to hide the apathy of the majority.

At the Way, it's a different layout, made worse by the fact that those who do sing are split between the new Kop and L1.

Too many fans, especially in the modern era, seem to think that to turn up is enough. It isn't.

But as Thracian noted, people won't cheer if they have nothing to cheer about.

I'm sure most fans think they are the best in the world, especially the hard-core ones who travel to away journeys and usually help create a quality atmosphere. My get up on it as someone who sees things slightly differently as I only started supporting them about aged 13 when in the area and continued despite moving to London about 5 years after is yes we have a fantastic fanbase for a club that historically hasn't actually won much in the large scheme of things and yes, we do travel well when the chips are down. When we were approaching the play-offs we would usually come out on force to support the lads and even with the absolute tosh that the likes of MA and CL were forced to bring in on Bosmans, we still turned up. Lesser sets of fans would have fooked right off after half the stuff that has happened to their club.

I also find Leicester fans amongst the funniest (lol I really do) as some of the chants and pi$$-taking we have done down the years against the opposing team or fans has been priceless.

The negative part to it is we at times have the numbers but have so much apprehension that not everyone gets involved in the singing. Ive read all sorts of reasons or excuses down the 8 months Ive been on this forum from being embarrassed to sing or blaming the fact that their is nothing to sing about. I think the Walkers has still got something to do with the apprehension but I think this is something that can easily be turned up if everyone just goes for it like we have done at times but then it seems to stop for some strange reason. That may be me hoping for perfection but i`d like us to be similar (in vocal terms) to the likes of Celtic, Newcastle, West Ham and Liverpool where it seems that everyone joins in from the grannies to the kids. Still, we "try harder" lol than the likes of Manure, Arsenal and some of the other prawn sandwich crunchers but their is still room to take it up a level and keep that noise their. I hope it happens as it makes teh whole match a much more enjoyable experience, regardless as to what goes on the pitch.

Let's have it right - even in the "good old days" of Filbo, three sides of the ground were pretty mute, as was the upper tier of the fourth.

The acoustics of the old Kop were able to hide the apathy of the majority.

At the Way, it's a different layout, made worse by the fact that those who do sing are split between the new Kop and L1.

Too many fans, especially in the modern era, seem to think that to turn up is enough. It isn't.

But as Thracian noted, people won't cheer if they have nothing to cheer about.

But, surely, David Pleat's sides couldn't create an atmosphere anywhere (old era). Whereas Martin O'Neill's side would even in an open field (new era). In a nutshell, it's all about supporting a winning team. Any other analysis is really phsycobabble.

Archived