Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Plymouth post match

And you moan at MM for sacking Martin Allen...........?? :unsure:
I do. Because his team was still in the process of evolving and there is no way he'd had time to complete that process. Now someone else will have to start at the beginning.
He sounds like Rob Kelly!
Exactly what I was thinking. He sounds as happy with a 0-0 too. Fantastic in his estimation. Was he reading from Kelly's old club autocue?

I didn't have chance to respond to this in the other thread so brough it over here :P .

When we "Hoof" it with DJ and Hume up top, they're not really capable of getting the ball on their chest and holding it up, if theres one thing MDV is good at, it's getting the ball and holding it up. That's what I meant when I said if we're going to hoof it we may as well have him on, at least he would be the target and we wouldnt have long balls going to centre backs marking DJ or Hume.

Low level hoofs then :thumbup:

You heard how we were standing off people and defending deep. That's a sure sign our defenders are too slow and know it.

Our only attacking midfielder was forced to play full-back and after that there was no way slow defenders like N'Gotty, Kisnorbo and McAuley were ever going to support the remaining two midfielders in any forward movement.

Our final problem was not having three up front because we were always going to be limited to scraps and Porter was always going to be isolated from the game with lack of close and numerical support.

I know what your getting at, Thracian, but there's nothing wrong with defending deep as a tactic. The last thing you want to do is invite space behind you for forwards to exploit, more so if the opponents have quick strikers.

I always remember Martin O'Neill played his usual pressing game at Highbury some years ago and they slaughtered us on the break. Sometimes these armchair commentators like Rowett criticise the players without knowing what the manager's instructions are.

I know what your getting at, Thracian, but there's nothing wrong with defending deep as a tactic. The last thing you want to do is invite space behind you for forwards to exploit, more so if the opponents have quick strikers.

I always remember Martin O'Neill played his usual pressing game at Highbury some years ago and they slaughtered us on the break. Sometimes these armchair commentators like Rowett criticise the players without knowing what the manager's instructions are.

All the more reason to have some swift defenders.

Well I said Hoofing, "Long Passing". If you see where I'm coming from. Like how we were playing at forest, I'm sure if MDV was playing and we played those tactics we would have been doing better.

It's fine I agree with what you're saying, long purposefull acurate passing is not hoofing in my book.

Not heard much from the match today, the substitutions seemed very strange indeed, making two just before half time? Would make more sense to change it at the break and get more instructions across.

Then Kishishev for Campbell, clearly we went looking for a point, poor attitude to have for a "promotion chasing" team. :unsure:

Not heard much from the match today, the substitutions seemed very strange indeed, making two just before half time? Would make more sense to change it at the break and get more instructions across.

Then Kishishev for Campbell, clearly we went looking for a point, poor attitude to have for a "promotion chasing" team. :unsure:

They came AFTER half time. 50 mins gone or so.

Just to emphasise how negative our tactics were today I think that will be the first game Sheehan has ever played for the first team where City have failed to score.

By my reckoning he's played in nine games, we've won 5, drawn 3 and lost just the one against Premiership Bolton in the Cup.

In that time we've scored 15 goals at nearly 2 a game over eight successive matches while conceding 8 at less than one a game. But today, while we might have taken a rare point, we failed to even have a shot on target. How far back did they send him for pity's sake?

Just to emphasise how negative our tactics were today I think that will be the first game Sheehan has ever played for the first team where City have failed to score.

By my reckoning he's played in nine games, we've won 5, drawn 3 and lost just the one against Premiership Bolton in the Cup.

In that time we've scored 15 goals at nearly 2 a game over eight successive matches while conceding 8 at less than one a game. But today, while we might have taken a rare point, we failed to even have a shot on target. How far back did they send him for pity's sake?

Have that ended your calls for Beadle and Bumpkin to be made manager?

No wonder you've become a laughing stock.

Tedious link. :rolleyes:

From the OS match report:

Kishishev replaced Campbell in the 68th minute as the visitors continued in search of an opener.

See an attack minded substitution :D

Archived