Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, pds said:

Took a short flight back from Ireland today. It's only 40 minutes or so but I hate it. Just can't get over my fear. Must have lost about 8 pints in sweat and thumbs are in bits from clinging to the chair in front as if that would help in any way. 

I had to fly back from Dubai last week and normally flying doesn't bother me but I had the worst turbulence I've ever experienced on that flight, I hate the feeling that there's nothing you can do to stop it and you're suddenly very aware that you're in a floating metal tube, thousands of miles from the ground. Couldn't wait to land. I know it's really unlikely that turbelance can cause a plane any actual distress but I can't stand that feeling.

5 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

I had to fly back from Dubai last week and normally flying doesn't bother me but I had the worst turbulence I've ever experienced on that flight, I hate the feeling that there's nothing you can do to stop it and you're suddenly very aware that you're in a floating metal tube, thousands of miles from the ground. Couldn't wait to land. I know it's really unlikely that turbelance can cause a plane any actual distress but I can't stand that feeling.

Were you in a space shuttle?

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just off to Thetford to do some work with the forestry boys ...    no more rain please ..   I'm sure my feet are becoming webbed ....

On the plus side, you'll fit in perfectly with the locals...

50 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just off to Thetford to do some work with the forestry boys ...    no more rain please ..   I'm sure my feet are becoming webbed ....

I've not gone work today because they predicted rain at 10.   Twenty past eleven now and it still hasn't arrived. I'll be pissed off if it doesn't rain.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've not gone work today because they predicted rain at 10.   Twenty past eleven now and it still hasn't arrived. I'll be pissed off if it doesn't rain.

I have a song for any occasion....

• Like 1

Trying to channel my inner Webbo today as I attempt to paint the front room.

Done half the main wall with some paint we had left over and it's already ran out. There looked loads left in the tub but it didn't go far :blink:

Off to B & fvcking Q then I suppose :(

29 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Trying to channel my inner Webbo today as I attempt to paint the front room.

Done half the main wall with some paint we had left over and it's already ran out. There looked loads left in the tub but it didn't go far :blink:

Off to B & fvcking Q then I suppose :(

Half of one wall and you've ran out?

30 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Half of one wall and you've ran out?

Yeah, there was some old paint left over from last time that I thought would at least do the main wall (it's quite a big wall tbf)

I think maybe I put it on too thick? 

Should really call in the experts like you for jobs like this. Whenever it's left up to me it always goes tits up :blush:

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, there was some old paint left over from last time that I thought would at least do the main wall (it's quite a big wall tbf)

I think maybe I put it on too thick? 

Should really call in the experts like you for jobs like this. Whenever it's left up to me it always goes tits up :blush:

Yep, the other half has told me I need to paint the kitchen, hall, stairs, landing and the front porch. 

More hassle than it’s worth so I’m just going to pay a painter & decorator to do it. 

Forgot to check in online and choose my seat, now I'm at the front, in a middle seat on my way to Nigeria. What's the betting I sit between two sweaty fat gits and screaming kids around me.

Its motivated me to spend some money on a pair of noise cancelling headphones.

Edited by simFox

3 hours ago, simFox said:

Forgot to check in online and choose my seat, now I'm at the front, in a middle seat on my way to Nigeria. What's the betting I sit between two sweaty fat gits and screaming kids around me.

Its motivated me to spend some money on a pair of noise cancelling headphones.

Did you inherit money from a recently deceased nigerian? Going to collect?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Don't be silly.

When are they ever happy?

Very happy in this house ...   very very happy ...   go on Bucey guess why ..   yep, you know who is arriving within the hour ...   I’ve turned on the landing lights on the lawn ...   :(

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2018 at 13:05, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Yep, the other half has told me I need to paint the kitchen, hall, stairs, landing and the front porch. 

More hassle than it’s worth so I’m just going to pay a painter & decorator to do it. 

Ive recently done the same mate, just with the lounge. It’s gonna cost but I really can’t be arsed stripping 30 year old wallpaper and skimming artexed ceilings etc.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nice part of the world. There’s a centre parks there isn’t there?

Yes mate ..  just got back ...   picked about 20 ticks off my clothing this morning ...   had Lyme disease once and don’t want it again ..   that neck of the woods is quite bad for it. 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Yes mate ..  just got back ...   picked about 20 ticks off my clothing this morning ...   had Lyme disease once and don’t want it again ..   that neck of the woods is quite bad for it. 

An old hiker trick - if you smear yourself with tea tree oil, ticks won't come near you.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Very happy in this house ...   very very happy ...   go on Bucey guess why ..   yep, you know who is arriving within the hour ...   I’ve turned on the landing lights on the lawn ...   :(

MiL.jpg.3dee286e870705ef8b1556a8a5fe7d81.jpg

daughter-in-law-quote-2-picture-quote-1.jpg.ddc95f72ecebf367a021ccad055d9e9c.jpg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Mowed the lawn for the first time in I can't remember how long...

Image result for the fast show which was nice

I'm much too young to have watched the Fast Show when it was actually on TV so I watch clips on youtube every now and again, stumbled upon Patrick yesterday which was nice.

• Haha 1