Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Solved it. Suggested we go Borough Market tomorrow, get some breakfast and pick up some food to make a late lunch. She liked the idea and said it was better than going for a drink. And it's useful because if she annoys me I can undercook her food, if not I can feed her oysters.

10 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Solved it. Suggested we go Borough Market tomorrow, get some breakfast and pick up some food to make a late lunch. She liked the idea and said it was better than going for a drink. And it's useful because if she annoys me I can undercook her food, if not I can feed her oysters.

Feed her and feed her some more hey @Tincy :claudio:

I'm falling to bits. Not only am I blind as a bat without glasses and have creaky bones, I went for a hearing test at the LRI this morning and it seems that I will need a hearing aid.They are also going to book me in for a MRI scan.

Lucky I have retired or the jobcentre would send me to work in a nuclear submarine as a radar analyist. 

Edited by Rincewind

5 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

I'm falling to bits. Not only am I blind as a bat without glasses I went for a hearing test at the LRI this morning and it seems that I will need a hearing aid.They are also going to book me in for a MRI scan.

Lucky I have retired or the jobcentre would send me to work in a nuclear submarine as a radar analyist. 

Good luck with the test Ken. I hope everything is okay.

• Like 3

On 23/03/2018 at 16:07, Kopfkino said:

I have never heard it called “make a late lunch” before. Hope you made a lovely late lunch.

28 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Just noticed that clocks have now gone forward an hour.

I was wondering if it was tonight. Just watched The Jackal on SciFi and it finished 2.40. Wondering if if it was just a long film.My phones and PC are showing the same time..

Edited by Rincewind

26 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I moved our clocks forward last night and they all fell off the wall :o

:o ....     Its like some sort of virulent plague ...   it started in the joke thread and has now arrived in the 'How was your day' thread ...    W.H.O. need notifying !! ...   quickly !!    ...   

• Haha 1

I'm interviewing for a job tomorrow I think I'm a shoe in for but I'm genuinely dreading telling my current boss because I've got a lot of bloody time for him. This other gig is a good bit more money though for essentially doing the same thing and I can't turn that down. Doesn't help that where I am has been almost eerily quiet on the workload front for a while so part of me is jumping ship before it's too late for lack of a better term, I've been made redundant before as I'm sure many on here have and it's shit isn't it.

Anyone else ever been in this predicament before? 

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

Sad day.

Lost my nan yesterday.

she was so independent.95 years old and still walked into town a few times a week without a stick and at a decent pace.

lost my grandad last year( her husband) and I know she missed him so much.

she had a chest infection last week and was on antibiotics and told to rest.

went over with the lad late afternoon and just chatted.She was quite funny and always had a laugh.

Because she needed rest my mum said she would stay over for a few days.

Then I got the call.Such a shock as she said she felt much better and people should stop fussing.

worst was my mum saw her collapse and tried her best to revive her.

Ambulance staff there in 4 minutes.

At least my mum knew she wasn’t suffering in pain or lying there for hours.

what a great life she had though.

• Sad 6

3 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Sad day.

Lost my nan yesterday.

she was so independent.95 years old and still walked into town a few times a week without a stick and at a decent pace.

went over with the lad late afternoon and just chatted.She was quite funny and always had a laugh.

Then I got the call.Such a shock as she said she felt much better and people should stop fussing.

Sorry for your loss mate.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm interviewing for a job tomorrow I think I'm a shoe in for but I'm genuinely dreading telling my current boss because I've got a lot of bloody time for him. This other gig is a good bit more money though for essentially doing the same thing and I can't turn that down. Doesn't help that where I am has been almost eerily quiet on the workload front for a while so part of me is jumping ship before it's too late for lack of a better term, I've been made redundant before as I'm sure many on here have and it's shit isn't it.

Yeah. Ended up turning it down because i enjoyed working with the boss i had, he then left a couple of months later because the workload wasn't coming and there was talk of shutting down the department. I'm now in it on my own and frankly not enjoying it now my boss and a couple of colleagues aren't around any more.

If you get offered it, take it, particularly if redundancy is a possibility - no point staying for one person.

Edit: shit Cambridge, sorry to hear that

Edited by The Doctor
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Sad day.

Lost my nan yesterday.

Sorry to hear that mate. 

Lost my grandma nearly 2 years ago, she was 79 but still relatively healthy and independent. It was a complete shock to everyone as she wasn’t ill or anything. 

The afternoon she died she’s just been to a view a bungalow that she liked and had was going to make a full offer on it on the Monday. She lived in a big detached house in Birstall that was way to big for her, so was downsizing. 

She fell asleep in the afternoon on the sofa and that’s it, passed away peacefully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

cliche but honesty is the best policy. I presume he has a lot of time for you? Even better if so cos at least if you tell him in good time then he'll respect you for it and he may even match what the new place are planning to pay you (not sure what industry/company you work in if that payrise is possible). 

The only similar position I've been in was when I was transferring internally and even then it was a tad difficult approaching my boss but I just told him honestly and up front the reasons why I wanted to move from his team to another and ultimately supported me in my decision.

If the other job is the same but for more money then the fact is that regardless of how nice your boss is, he’s taking the piss by not paying you what you’re worth. Just tell him you’ve been offered another job and you think you’re going to take it because it’s more money. If he wants to keep you he’ll make a counter offer. If not then off you go. There’s no room for sentiment in these things.

Edited by Rogstanley

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I’m in similar myself tbh. No threat of redundancy but I like the people I work with and the perks are great but the job just isn’t stimulating enough. I bored shitless most of the time.

Ive been offered a return to a company I worked for before, longer hours, less holidays, less likeable bosses but the job is good and interesting. It’s a bit of a dilemma tbh.