Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Sad day.

Lost my nan yesterday.

she was so independent.95 years old and still walked into town a few times a week without a stick and at a decent pace.

lost my grandad last year( her husband) and I know she missed him so much.

she had a chest infection last week and was on antibiotics and told to rest.

went over with the lad late afternoon and just chatted.She was quite funny and always had a laugh.

Because she needed rest my mum said she would stay over for a few days.

Then I got the call.Such a shock as she said she felt much better and people should stop fussing.

worst was my mum saw her collapse and tried her best to revive her.

Ambulance staff there in 4 minutes.

At least my mum knew she wasn’t suffering in pain or lying there for hours.

what a great life she had though.

Sorry to hear that. Terrible to get that kind of news, and even worse your mum having to witness her collapsing. At least from the sounds of it she lived a very full life you can celebrate.

It's 2 years on Thursday since my dad passed away. He was 72, would have been his 74th birthday on Saturday. He wasn't very healthy, was obese but lived alone and was independent, could look after himself. Got around a bit and saw friends and travelled to Devon regularly to see family. Over the corse of just over two weeks he went from that to having a fall at home, needing carers and thrm them finding him dead one morning when they went in. Getting that phone call from my sister was horrible, I can still hear it sometimes now, and that's from someone who had a strained relationship with my dad. 

In better news me and my sister have finally decided where and when to scatter his ashes after nearly two years in my sister's drink cabinet (it's what he would have wanted lol).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm interviewing for a job tomorrow I think I'm a shoe in for but I'm genuinely dreading telling my current boss because I've got a lot of bloody time for him. This other gig is a good bit more money though for essentially doing the same thing and I can't turn that down. Doesn't help that where I am has been almost eerily quiet on the workload front for a while so part of me is jumping ship before it's too late for lack of a better term, I've been made redundant before as I'm sure many on here have and it's shit isn't it.

Anyone else ever been in this predicament before? 

You're in a good position really.

You're already in a job - if you get the job you're interviewing for, you've got recent experience to know what you're doing to do the job well in the new role etc; plus you'll probably get a decent reference from your old boss as it sounds like you have a good positive relationship with him.

If you don't get an offer - you'll still have your existing job with a boss that you seem to get along with well. I know plenty of people who rather detest their manager, and don't enjoy seeing them etc - and that really can be horrible - so count your experience with your existing boss as one many would like in their jobs.

You may not agree but I really don't believe that 'money is everything' job-wise - I'd, personally, prefer to have excellent working relationships with others etc and in a job that one would enjoy than the 'another hour done, another dollar in the bank' attitude.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Sorry to hear that mate. 

Lost my grandma nearly 2 years ago, she was 79 but still relatively healthy and independent. It was a complete shock to everyone as she wasn’t ill or anything. 

The afternoon she died she’s just been to a view a bungalow that she liked and had was going to make a full offer on it on the Monday. She lived in a big detached house in Birstall that was way to big for her, so was downsizing. 

She fell asleep in the afternoon on the sofa and that’s it, passed away peacefully.

It’s the surprise isn’t it.

This one seemed worse to me as i was round earlier and she was fine.

95 is a grand age.

my other nan just shy of 101

grandad 93

dad 66 .

all of those were expected.

its sad,but I take the positives out of people’s lives.

my mum is very matter of fact and strong, which has rubbed off on my brother and me.

Sounds bad but we were all laughing and joking last night about her stubbornness and sense of humour.

22 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Sorry to hear that. Terrible to get that kind of news, and even worse your mum having to witness her collapsing. At least from the sounds of it she lived a very full life you can celebrate.

It's 2 years on Thursday since my dad passed away. He was 72, would have been his 74th birthday on Saturday. He wasn't very healthy, was obese but lived alone and was independent, could look after himself. Got around a bit and saw friends and travelled to Devon regularly to see family. Over the corse of just over two weeks he went from that to having a fall at home, needing carers and thrm them finding him dead one morning when they went in. Getting that phone call from my sister was horrible, I can still hear it sometimes now, and that's from someone who had a strained relationship with my dad. 

In better news me and my sister have finally decided where and when to scatter his ashes after nearly two years in my sister's drink cabinet (it's what he would have wanted lol).

Thanks for your thoughts.

its never nice and probably worse when it’s your dad and much younger.

my dad was only 66 but had cancer so although very sad it was expected so I was prepared.

It’s Birthdays and anniversary that brings it to your mind,but I quite like that as they are in your mind all day.

Had a dream about my dad for the first time a few months ago and I woke up really happy as it was so clear as if he was alive,although in it he had a factory cutting off the bottoms off glass bottles.Why,I do not know but he was doing alright for himself!!!!

Hi Phil

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope you are holding up ok. But 95 and brain still working is a top result. Not many are so blessed, so looks like she had a really fulfilled life wth a loving family all around her. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Sad day.

Lost my nan yesterday.

she was so independent.95 years old and still walked into town a few times a week without a stick and at a decent pace.

lost my grandad last year( her husband) and I know she missed him so much.

she had a chest infection last week and was on antibiotics and told to rest.

went over with the lad late afternoon and just chatted.She was quite funny and always had a laugh.

Because she needed rest my mum said she would stay over for a few days.

Then I got the call.Such a shock as she said she felt much better and people should stop fussing.

worst was my mum saw her collapse and tried her best to revive her.

Ambulance staff there in 4 minutes.

At least my mum knew she wasn’t suffering in pain or lying there for hours.

what a great life she had though.

Sorry to hear that mate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

It’s the surprise isn’t it.

This one seemed worse to me as i was round earlier and she was fine.

95 is a grand age.

my other nan just shy of 101

grandad 93

dad 66 .

all of those were expected.

its sad,but I take the positives out of people’s lives.

my mum is very matter of fact and strong, which has rubbed off on my brother and me.

Sounds bad but we were all laughing and joking last night about her stubbornness and sense of humour.

Sorry for your loss. I lost my grandfather in december and he was 89.  Its fantastic she lived a full life and had it all to the end. Celebrating her life is the best thing you can do. Sad they are no longer here to make us smile etc but she had a great run!

Condolences to the rest of your family. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Hi Phil

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope you are holding up ok. But 95 and brain still working is a top result. Not many are so blessed, so looks like she had a really fulfilled life wth a loving family all around her. 

Thanks Chris,

yes,everything in working order,fit and my grandad sold his business when he was 50 so she only had 45 years of doing nothing!

We we’re laughing on Saturday that the freezer could be rewarding.

when my grandad was alive their weekly shopping bill was £130-£150 for 2 90 year olds.

Roast night every day and sirloin steaks.

Think they enjoyed life and were very lucky that they could afford everything they wanted.

see you soon

Cheers for the thoughts everyone, had the interview today and it went alright, I'll find out by Thursday. @StanSP I'm a graphic designer mate and the thought of a 33% payrise isn't something I can turn my nose up! It's a pretty crap trade for pay.

Also @cambridgefox  sorry to hear about that man, hope you're alright x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Cheers for the thoughts everyone, had the interview today and it went alright, I'll find out by Thursday. @StanSP I'm a graphic designer mate and the thought of a 33% payrise isn't something I can turn my nose up! It's a pretty crap trade for pay.

Also @cambridgefox  sorry to hear about that man, hope you're alright x

Cheers bud,yeah fine.

My mum found a note today saying there is a letter when I’m gone hidden,don’t open till I’m dead!!!

Absolute gem it was.

Wrote a bit about us all and said don’t be sad have a joke and a laugh at my funeral.

Will do.

Glad all went well with the interview and 33% it’s a no brainer in my eyes.

Must admit with all that went on yesterday I didn’t look into your predicament too much,but I can honestly say I wouldn’t have been much use even if it hadn’t happened!

• Like 2

I’ve got a job interview on Wednesday and i’m already shitting it. I’m so desperate to get it and think I stand a really good chance but as it’s a move I’ve wanted for 3 years and hasn’t yet materialise I can’t imagine how gutted I will be if I don’t get it.

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve got a job interview on Wednesday and i’m already shitting it. I’m so desperate to get it and think I stand a really good chance but as it’s a move I’ve wanted for 3 years and hasn’t yet materialise I can’t imagine how gutted I will be if I don’t get it.

Good luck.

youre not a Graphic Designer are you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

definitely not! don't blame you for possibly leaving for that kind of benefit when you weigh it up. 

did you tell your boss?

Not yet man, gonna wait and see what the call is regarding any possible offers and break the news depending on what happens

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Thankfully not as drawing a dick on microsoft paint is about the height of my artistic achievements.

that's genuinely all I do at the moment now it's quiet, draw dicks and put my friends faces on dancing people in after effects

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not yet man, gonna wait and see what the call is regarding any possible offers and break the news depending on what happens

that's genuinely all I do at the moment now it's quiet, draw dicks and put my friends faces on dancing people in after effects

Sounds as busy as my work at the minute, it’s horrific. This new job is closer to home and means I will be pretty much constantly busy with a chance to progress further.

Have been in the forest since dawn ...  got soaked for a couple of hours then it cleared and a beautiful mist covered the forest floor ...   it was magical ..  the stillness ...   the quietness ...      till I caught my fookin leg on a barbed wire fence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Failed MOT - price to fix it to follow.

Doing the job of three people at work as everyone has taken annual leave at once.

Got a letter from EE saying I owe them £85 for the past 3 months, on a contract that concluded 3 months ago and was cancelled. 

:kingy:

Ok you win ...       but my leg is still stinging a bit ... 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Failed MOT - price to fix it to follow.

Doing the job of three people at work as everyone has taken annual leave at once.

Got a letter from EE saying I owe them £85 for the past 3 months, on a contract that concluded 3 months ago and was cancelled. 

:kingy:

I had the same with EE more than 18 months ago. They are absolute shits to deal with.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I had the same with EE more than 18 months ago. They are absolute shits to deal with.

After a Google it certainly seems that way! Think they were fined £1m a few years back for their poor complaints handling too. 

How did yours end? 

I distinctly remember cancelling the contract at the end of the 24 months because I had to get an 'unlocking code' to change network when I went sim only. Going to call the chap back after work and see how that goes! 

5 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

After a Google it certainly seems that way! Think they were fined £1m a few years back for their poor complaints handling too. 

How did yours end? 

I distinctly remember cancelling the contract at the end of the 24 months because I had to get an 'unlocking code' to change network when I went sim only. Going to call the chap back after work and see how that goes! 

I ended up paying it, to avoid marking my credit file and put it down to a lesson learnt. I’ve contacted them after to get it refunded but either don’t get a response or go through hours of holding for the lines to go dead before giving up.

I’d never use them again.

The stupid thing is, it was for an iPad for my wife, she didn’t really use it outside of the WiFi so I cancelled it and then realised I was still paying for it. I had my phone, my wife’s phone, and broadband with them. I’ve moved the lot since, so what did they achieve?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I ended up paying it, to avoid marking my credit file and put it down to a lesson learnt. I’ve contacted them after to get it refunded but either don’t get a response or go through hours of holding for the lines to go dead before giving up.

I’d never use them again.

The stupid thing is, it was for an iPad for my wife, she didn’t really use it outside of the WiFi so I cancelled it and then realised I was still paying for it. I had my phone, my wife’s phone, and broadband with them. I’ve moved the lot since, so what did they achieve?

Yeah the best I saw anybody achieve was getting it halved, which is still 50% too much. I haven't used that sim card for three months so you'd think it would be blindingly obvious what had happened. They tried to call me yesterday to discuss and, despite the fact I gave them my work and mobile number, they somehow managed to call my other half! 

I definitely won't be returning to them again, same as you!