Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

33 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Tory Britain mate.

Wealthy decorator moves upmarket to mansion, mate. :whistle:

Steve Walsh_5 is right, though. Claim 25% discount as single-person household, @Webbo 

If anyone from the council calls round, Mrs. Webbo & daughters just pretend to be hobos squatting in your garden shed whom you were kind enough to invite in for a cuppa, being a wet liberal sort. Problem solved.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Last night, the relatively new girl at work asked if I wanted to go for a drink tomorrow. This is top news, she's a lovely sight to look at and it's hard to find decent country folk in London, even if she is a little too posh. But a I'm on a self-imposed alcohol ban after a heavy week a few weeks ago and I'm actually quite enjoying it, in fact I haven't had the urge to break it yet and I set myself a target which I'd like to keep.

So do I:

- Go along, drink, and inevitably wake up the next morning disappointed in myself knowing I won't be able to restart by ban, but possibly with the joy of waking up next to an also disappointed posh girl

- Go along, not drink, get annoyed when she's drunk on 2 glasses of horrible Chardonnay from a £5 bottle and have her wonder why I'm sat there with my lemon & lime

- Propose a different idea for which I have no idea what to propose and probably end up wishing I'd just gone for a drink

- Stay in on my tod with a cup of Aldi speciality tea, annoyed at the fact Sport Relief is on instead of Masterchef

I lack empathy so I really don’t care.

However sir, I am most interested in the name of the establishment that sells white wine for five pound a bottle in London, share the insight.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Wealthy decorator moves upmarket to mansion, mate. :whistle:

Steve Walsh_5 is right, though. Claim 25% discount as single-person household, @Webbo 

If anyone from the council calls round, Mrs. Webbo & daughters just pretend to be hobos squatting in your garden shed whom you were kind enough to invite in for a cuppa, being a wet liberal sort. Problem solved.

I think it'd be more convincing if I pretended to be the tramp, no make up required.

• Haha 1

Guest seanfox778
37 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Last night, the relatively new girl at work asked if I wanted to go for a drink tomorrow. This is top news, she's a lovely sight to look at and it's hard to find decent country folk in London, even if she is a little too posh. But a I'm on a self-imposed alcohol ban after a heavy week a few weeks ago and I'm actually quite enjoying it, in fact I haven't had the urge to break it yet and I set myself a target which I'd like to keep.

So do I:

- Go along, drink, and inevitably wake up the next morning disappointed in myself knowing I won't be able to restart by ban, but possibly with the joy of waking up next to an also disappointed posh girl

- Go along, not drink, get annoyed when she's drunk on 2 glasses of horrible Chardonnay from a £5 bottle and have her wonder why I'm sat there with my lemon & lime

- Propose a different idea for which I have no idea what to propose and probably end up wishing I'd just gone for a drink

- Stay in on my tod with a cup of Aldi speciality tea, annoyed at the fact Sport Relief is on instead of Masterchef

You don’t need alcohol to have a good time, man. You’ll have a much better time if you take her home sober, should you get that far.

Don't draw attention to the fact you’re not drinking though or make a big deal out of it.

Edited by seanfox778

53 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I lack empathy so I really don’t care.

However sir, I am most interested in the name of the establishment that sells white wine for five pound a bottle in London, share the insight.

Even out of London what drinking establishment is selling a bottle of wine at a fiver? lol was supermarket value

52 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Go and pretend a coke is actually a rum and coke etc. Or that alcohol free beer nonsense. 

Can I avoid her knowing my drinks order all night without having to buy every drink?

27 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

why not just invite her to yours to watch master chef 

I'd agree but sports relief means its not on

Edited by Kopfkino

24 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Can I avoid her knowing my drinks order all night without having to buy every drink?

Definitely not. Either act like a baller or just have "the odd soft to pace yourself".

51 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It was more the pretending you are on rum and cokes that concerned me.

Well it shouldn't, alcohol free beer is an eldritch abomination. 

4 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

So do I:

Getting laid by a brand new female colleague would definitely be a good thing but I'm willing to bet that might be far fetched. To each their own but I'd be more concerned about crabs than alcohol  if you got in her knickers that fast.

Honesty is the best policy when dealing with  a colleague. 

Id say if she has more than a few drinks you'd have to call off any chance of shagging her for obvious reasons.

Maybe you can suggest mocktails at the bar and a "cocktail" back at yours... nudge nudge wink wink say no more son.

4 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

So do I:

You simply Tell her,you are on the Wagon, but you Like her so much,you couldnt possibility give

Up the Chance of trying to find Out why such a beautifull and interesting girl,Like her would

want to Go Out,with a plonker  such as yourself,a man who cant Go Out for a Drink without

being able to be imaginative in his own choice of Drink.

It seems you have more concerns over Your own folly,than going Out with a Cracking girl.

Plus I wouldnt want a Girl who I worked with,be that easy on the 1st Date.

So tell her you cant make it,Tell her you Know of a great Guy,who would be right Up

her street,then give her my Telephone Nr. Or agree a meeting place,but she Just be

Patient,cos I will be flying in Just to meet her....:cool:

12 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Even out of London what drinking establishment is selling a bottle of wine at a fiver? lol was supermarket value

I'd agree but sports relief means its not on

Yes it was not an entirely serious post, I don't completely lack empathy either.

My advice would be most definitely go and drink but then another piece of advice I would offer is do not take life advice from me, so a tricky one. 

• Haha 2

Feeling good today. Went to my first volunteer meeting for a charity I recently joined yesterday evening, have got a massage scheduled in for my Friday evening (living the rock n roll lifestyle), and meeting up with the boys for beers and curreh tomorrow.

Debating whether or not to watch the England game as it's highly likely to ruin my mood.