Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

6 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Going fast won't kill you. It's all about how quickly you stop...

Aye.

Theres a bit of a spate of Facebook posts at the moment about bikers and people in cars/vans on mobile phones.

One of the pics is of a bike apparently doing 80 mph crashing into the side of a car pulling out, and the biker left INSIDE the car after the collision.

Horrendous stuff.

40 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Oooh, what a great thread.

Currently prepping the XT (slowly) for a trip to Africa, the XJ just refuses to die, and the CBF was bought to get the lad on two wheels too.

VHvDAfM.jpg

HGcYycw.jpg

T76mXf4.jpg

That's really interesting.

Whereabouts in Africa are you planning to go? What route will you take?

Does anyone on here have any experience of pit/xcross/trail bikes for kids? I'm not really massively into bikes but my seven year old is obsessed. He has had a cheap 50cc quad bike for over a year and he wants a proper bike now, I was looking for something quality so preferably japenese so do you think Honda crf50 or Yamaha PW50 would be a good start or something else?

Also where is good in Leicestershire to take beginners for that sort of thing?

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Does anyone on here have any experience of pit/xcross/trail bikes for kids? I'm not really massively into bikes but my seven year old is obsessed. He has had a cheap 50cc quad bike for over a year and he wants a proper bike now, I was looking for something quality so preferably japenese so do you think Honda crf50 or Yamaha PW50 would be a good start or something else?

The irony. lol

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

The irony. lol

I don't think triumph make those kind of bikes :D 

Anyway you don't catch me talking down the quality from overseas products, I just bemoan the fact we don't make enough things in this country ourselves.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

I have a question as a newbie, I know you get those free motorbike parking sections in council car parks, if it was full would you get a ticket if you parked in a regular car park space? Im talking as in the car park is only 1/4 to 1/2 full not on a busy day where no doubt people would kick off. 

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Don't have any experience but the PW50 seems to be the go-to for kids' off-roading. Just be careful if you buy 2nd hand as so many of them are stolen

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buce said:

That's really interesting.

Whereabouts in Africa are you planning to go? What route will you take?

Riding down through France and Spain to the ferry to Morocco. From there to a number of cities, mountain towns, and the Sahara.

I'm not one for sat navs or super planned routes. I'll be avoiding motorways and making it all up as I go along. Fitting an extended tank onto the XT next month, along with second-hand pannier frames and panniers. Then I need to beef up the fork springs and either replace or repack all the bearings - and dollop grease liberally. That'll leave new knobblies and a full service for spring.

Going to try wild camping as much as possible, until I need to wash the stink off. Got my spare parts, got my tool roll packed, just wish I could head off now.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Buce said:

lol

I can't wait for his response to that.

Look Buce, don't be like that. Some men are just not cut out to ride bikes and are more suited to scooters. There's nothing wrong with it. Admittedly, real bikers won't nod to you on the road or park near you at a meet or even sit close to you at a pub but it's nice that they often don't go as far as beating you up or pushing you over as regularly as they did when you had a motorbike but couldn't ride it.

Just leave @Col city fan alone.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Look Buce, don't be like that. Some men are just not cut out to ride bikes and are more suited to scooters. There's nothing wrong with it. Admittedly, real bikers won't nod to you on the road or park near you at a meet or even sit close to you at a pub but it's nice that they often don't go as far as beating you up or pushing you over as regularly as they did when you had a motorbike but couldn't ride it.

Just leave @Col city fan alone.

:appl:

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Been commuting on the big Burgman 650 the past couple of days. 

I defy pretty much any vehicle to be quicker across town than a big scooter. The electric mirrors make filtering a breeze and there’s tons of power off the mark to burn off just about any car from the lights.

Ive always been like this (well, since I was about 16). If the weather is conducive, given a car or a bike, I’d take the bike every time.

It’s a fab de-stresser too, riding home after a challenging day.

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Been commuting on the big Burgman 650 the past couple of days. 

I defy pretty much any vehicle to be quicker across town than a big scooter. The electric mirrors make filtering a breeze and there’s tons of power off the mark to burn off just about any car from the lights.

Ive always been like this (well, since I was about 16). If the weather is conducive, given a car or a bike, I’d take the bike every time.

It’s a fab de-stresser too, riding home after a challenging day.

828464d1429037456-re-wd-flying-flea-125c

MS01033_careco_zoom_travel_mobility_scoo

enuff-logo-ii-skateboard.jpg

parked-motorcycles-laguna-seca-raceway-c

Basically anything that is slim enough to filter through traffic or legal to use on the pavement

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Race ya Col...

1546183_955242851159433_5207488039693624271_n.jpg.9f1a8d6cae6fc47c1b6825f3b78c793d.jpg

There are way too many posers on here! 

Motorbiking aint all balls-out speed!. Bikes mean different things to different people. Mine can tour, commute, be fun and can even carry the shopping home. 

Bikers should respect other bikers to my mind, not just take the piss.

Youre out of order, the lot on ya!

• Like 2

On 23/02/2018 at 14:42, Col city fan said:

There are way too many posers on here! 

Motorbiking aint all balls-out speed!. Bikes mean different things to different people. Mine can tour, commute, be fun and can even carry the shopping home. 

Bikers should respect other bikers to my mind, not just take the piss.

Youre out of order, the lot on ya!

I think it’s so cute you still consider yourself a ‘biker’ awww. X

53 minutes ago, simFox said:

Anyone owned a naked sports? Thinking MT09 or street triple, or even a monster. 

Ridden numerous street triples really good all rounders but haven’t tried and MT09 or a Monster.

Told some lad finishing work tonight not to ride his 125 Duke home though. He made it about 6 yards then dropped it in the car park as he rode off in the snow. Spent the next half hour with freezing cold hands mending his clutch lever and switchgear before finally convincing him that his Mum picking him up might actually save his life.

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ridden numerous street triples really good all rounders but haven’t tried and MT09 or a Monster.

Told some lad finishing work tonight not to ride his 125 Duke home though. He made it about 6 yards then dropped it in the car park as he rode off in the snow. Spent the next half hour with freezing cold hands mending his clutch lever and switchgear before finally convincing him that his Mum picking him up might actually save his life.

I had the T595 - pulled like a train, handled like a tea trolley.

• Like 1