Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

4 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Oh well never mind Andy!, should have grabbed the chance with both hands! Wonder what the excuse will be!

There won't be an excuse. You obviously don't watch much tennis or listen to many interviews with Murray if you think he makes excuses for a loss.

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Stuck up arse lol 

If you stopped posting the obvious whilst trying to coat it as something intelligent and profound then people (or maybe just me) wouldn't call you out on it.

I apologise for getting excited at the prospect of what might happen.

Can't show excitement in the Tennis thread though as it's for boring poshies.

How was your croissants and OJ? Or did you opt for toast cut into a triangular shape?

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

I apologise for getting excited at the prospect of what might happen.

Can't show excitement in the Tennis thread though as it's for boring poshies.

How was your croissants and OJ? Or did you opt for toast cut into a triangular shape?

The fact you think orange juice is posh says a lot about you.

Didn't say you could get excited, but just listing the rest of the top ten seeds plus Federer as potential winners is stating the bleeding obvious.

Andy should be putting his head through the locker room door right now. At speed, repeatedly.

Fantastic chance to get another Slam on the board and he blew it, though Zverev played the match of his life.

Wouldn't mind Tsonga or Raonic winning it now, though it'll likely be Stan which will lead all the know-nothings to make remarks about how he's better than Murray again. :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Andy should be putting his head through the locker room door right now. At speed, repeatedly.

Fantastic chance to get another Slam on the board and he blew it, though Zverev played the match of his life.

Wouldn't mind Tsonga or Raonic winning it now, though it'll likely be Stan which will lead all the know-nothings to make remarks about how he's better than Murray again. :rolleyes:

Thought Federer and Nadal have looked better, Stan has looked shaky so far but he steps it up in these rounds that is for sure. Always the underdog so just seems to flow for him with not much pressure. 

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You never go there anyway pal lol

It is a tight one though I'll give you that. 

With it being their first encounter it's too hard to call.

Both haven't dropped a set yet, but I'd say Konta has been playing the better Tennis, Serena apart from one match not really been her dominant self.

Will be very interesting indeed.

Comfortable for Fed and surprisingly comfortable for Stan, expected more from Tsonga, four sets at least.

Went bed after Vandeweghe vs Muguruza, what a performance from CoCo. Muguruza can strike a ball but CoCo jesus christ, fvcking pummelled her, felt sorry for Muguruza just couldn't do anything lol

Disappointing indeed, Jo didn't serve that well, unsurprisingly pummelled on second serves, Serena exposing her forehand.

Serena great in the first set, Jo had a nice little spell in the second but getting broke at 4-3 was the killer.

As for the Men, Dimitrov in 4 and Raonic vs Nadal has to go to 5 surely :fc:

5 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

So Andy Murray says he won't be playing for Great Britain in the Davis cup the next time they play, and got slaughtered on Talksport for his decision! he's just been knighted and says he won't be playing for Great Britain!

....it's a bit off not playing the first game to make sure we stay in the world group.

But this isn't football, Tennis players turn down Davis Cup competition all the time especially those at the top of the rankings. He didn't play in it full stop for years prior to him achieving a lot of his personal goals, and as no one was really aware of the Davis Cup then no one cared.

I am getting the impression from the tone of your posts that your another person who A) Doesn't really follow the sport that closely given your comment above and the comment about Andy Murray making excuses when he is one of the only sportsman I'm aware of that has seldom uttered an excuse in his whole career and B) You don't like Andy Murray very much.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

....it's a bit off not playing the first game to make sure we stay in the world group.

But this isn't football, Tennis players turn down Davis Cup competition all the time especially those at the top of the rankings. He didn't play in it full stop for years prior to him achieving a lot of his personal goals.

I am getting the impression from the tone of your posts that your another person who A) Doesn't really follow the sport that closely given your comment above and the comment about Andy Murray making excuses when he is one of the only sportsman I'm aware of that has seldom uttered an excuse in his whole career and B) You don't like Andy Murray very much.

I love the guy and what he has done for tennis in this country, he;s been fantastic for tennis in this country, I was just stating what I heard and don't mind either way if he plays or not. just commenting without an opinion that is all

5 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

I love the guy and what he has done for tennis in this country, he;s been fantastic for tennis in this country, I was just stating what I heard and don't mind either way if he plays or not. just commenting without an opinion that is all

The bit about just being knighted and not playing made it sound like you were suggesting he had an obligation to play that is all.