Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

25 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Murray has got to win SPOTY this year I'd have thought. What an amazing end to a remarkable season for him. 

Knighthood in the new year honours too? Hoy and Wiggins were knighted for less whilst still competing.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Knighthood in the new year honours too? Hoy and Wiggins were knighted for less whilst still competing.

This isn't gospel, but word around the campfire was that he was offered one in 2013, but he told them to wait until his career is over and offer one then as he doesn't want to be introduced as Sir Andy Murray while still playing.

Just now, leicsmac said:

This isn't gospel, but word around the campfire was that he was offered one in 2013, but he told them to wait until his career is over and offer one then as he doesn't want to be introduced as Sir Andy Murray while still playing.

That's fair enough. I do find it odd seeing competing sportsmen referred to as Sir.

he done it, he has done it. Andy Murray has beaten novak in a meaningful final. he has done amazing not just the last week but the last year he has been magnificent. he set himself the target of getting to be the world number one and he has achieved his goal and beaten the best player in the world to do it. truly amazing and now he has the belief that he can beat anyone he can go on to more and more success. well done Andy you deserve it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guessing no one saw the first showdown between Murray and Novak in Qatar? Worryingly Novak looked quite good and won. Although as Murray didn't play Qatar last year I think it actually increases his lead at the top.

Anyway main reason I came here great little win for Dan Evans in Sydney today/last night, beat Dominic Thiem in the quarters, first win against a top ten player and equals his best showing at a tour event. 

16 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Guessing no one saw the first showdown between Murray and Novak in Qatar? Worryingly Novak looked quite good and won. Although as Murray didn't play Qatar last year I think it actually increases his lead at the top.

Anyway main reason I came here great little win for Dan Evans in Sydney today/last night, beat Dominic Thiem in the quarters, first win against a top ten player and equals his best showing at a tour event. 

I didn't manage to catch any of the Qatar final, although I saw the result, so i couldn't comment on how both players looked. I was hoping it was close enough to suggest at least an even year between the two of them.

Foxestalk favourite Dan Evans keeps moving in the right direction, such a big fan of his I picked him for my fantasy tennis team.

Foxestalk favourite Jerzy gradually getting there after an injury plagued 2016, despite being two sets up we should be pleased with his efforts.

As for Bouchard that top is a bit small, not very professional that.

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Wow. That's a big win for Evans!

Yeah that's huge. 

Should see him into the top 50, not going to have the most daunting draw in the world now he's got Cilic's seeding either. 

EDIT: Tomic, going to have to battle the crowd as well it seems. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo