Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Brilliant from Evans this ... truly looking to make that next step up in his career 

Always gonna be bang up for this Evans, loves getting one over Tomic after his Dad refused to let Dan practice with him as he wasn't good enough.

49 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Sensational from Evans into the last 16 fantastic ... 

He's 51 at the minute right?

gotta be top 40 now at least? 

Pretty impressive stuff, he hasn't just beat Tomic there it's straight sets. Cillic and Thiem both beaten in the space of a week as well. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He's 51 at the minute right?

gotta be top 40 now at least? 

Pretty impressive stuff, he hasn't just beat Tomic there it's straight sets. Cillic and Thiem both beaten in the space of a week as well. 

Very impressive, the sort of run of performances that can give him the belief to really kick on. How far can he go?

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Very impressive, the sort of run of performances that can give him the belief to really kick on. How far can he go?

It's a matter of consistency, really. No point beating Thiem and Cillic if you then go and lose to Gilles Muller. Safe to say no matter what happens in Australia he has more than met expectations, but the  Masters events between now and May will be crucial for him really, as while everyone watches the slams it is the Masters that are the real bread and butter tournaments, it wouldn't hurt if he did ok in some 500s either. 

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I knew Federer had dropped down the rankings a bit but had no idea he had dropped to 17th seed..

Tough for the top 10 having him floating around the early rounds.

He could drop as low as 30 if he loses today.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

He could drop as low as 30 if he loses today.

He's just battered Berdych hasn't he?

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I knew Federer had dropped down the rankings a bit but had no idea he had dropped to 17th seed..

Tough for the top 10 having him floating around the early rounds.

He's been injured, he has missed every tournament since Wimbledon. I'd imagine he will probably comfortable be back at the ATP Tour Final come November he if stays fit, seems to have another good year or two in him. 

Jury's out on Federer as far as I'm concerned right now. Berdbrain played so poorly (as he sometimes does) that perhaps he made Fed look better than he was. Nishikori and then probably Murray will give a better showing of where his form is at.

FWIW as a Murray fan I'd much prefer him facing Kei in the QF than Fed purely because of that uncertainty.

40 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Fancy a couple of small(ish) shocks overnight, I think Zverev will beat Rafa and Wozniacki sadly to sneak past Konta.

Had a couple of quid on it so expect straight set wins for Nadal and Konta lollol 

Good first shout there, Zverev is just the kind of player who could outplay Rafa on this surface.

Wouldn't want to call the other one though - fairly even money for me.

Wozniacki to sneak past Konta lol

Jo is currently playing as good as she did last year if not better, Wozniacki is a fraud who stays too defensive all the time, play your game, work her down then she's easily beatable as Jo showed.

Tbh if Serena doesn't win it I'd put money on Konta or maybe Pliskova who is also playing outstanding Tennis recently, all in the same part of the draw too, will be interesting watch to see who comes through it.

Thought I jinxed Pliskova.

What an intense battle that was, as well as Gavrilova vs Bacsinszky. 

Now Dimitrov vs Gasquet starting at midnight, wouldnt be surprised if that goes at least 4, maybe even 5 lol

22 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

That's why I said it would be a shock.

Was only a couple of quid so no damage done.

Fair enough mate :thumbup:

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

getout.gif

I'm always right when it comes to Tennis.

You post that just as guaranteed slam winner Jamowicz continues to disappear into oblivion and Dan Evans enters a the top 50 of the rankings :D 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Have I been in a coma?

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You post that just as guaranteed slam winner Jamowicz continues to disappear into oblivion and Dan Evans enters a the top 50 of the rankings :D 

Calm down, I was being sarcastic.

Jerzy had a long injury lay off, that's why he went into oblivion.