Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

57 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Just heading home from a hot day at Queens. Great to see Andy play again and importantly get that win! I suspect he will push through one more Wimbledon and one more Olympics, but we shall see. 

Depends whether his body holds up, any more injuries he will call it I feel. If he gets through the summer and feels good, he will continue 

11 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Depends whether his body holds up, any more injuries he will call it I feel. If he gets through the summer and feels good, he will continue 

I really hope so. It's been such an incredible era of tennis , it's sad to think of it coming to an end. I know that Andy hasn't achieved to the same degree of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal, but collectively the four of them have played some of the most jaw dropping tennis over the years. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It's been a good final - Norrie doing well against someone ranked much higher than him and with a serve tailor-made for grass.

I would hazard an opinion that the best Brit player on grass when it comes to it is still Murray, however.

Not a chance,  Murray loses to both Norrie and Evans at this moment in time.

Norrie has played well but if you look at his season he’s been very good all year.

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Not a chance,  Murray loses to both Norrie and Evans at this moment in time.

Norrie has played well but if you look at his season he’s been very good all year.

I certainly think it would make for an interesting matchup and at the very least he isn't that far behind them, if the respective performances against Berrettini this week are anything to go by, especially considering that was only Murrays second singles match in goodness knows how long. I guess the only way we'd know for sure is if the Wimbledon draw throws them together, though.

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I certainly think it would make for an interesting matchup and at the very least he isn't that far behind them, if the respective performances against Berrettini this week are anything to go by, especially considering that was only Murrays second singles match in goodness knows how long. I guess the only way we'd know for sure is if the Wimbledon draw throws them together, though.

Murray is finished Mac, will be amazed if he ever returns to the top 50.

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You could well be right - he's certainly not going to perform on clay and probably won't be good grade on hard courts too.

But...the optimist in me says it ain't over til it's over.

On 20/06/2021 at 16:05, StanSP said:

Managed to bag tickets for men's QF day at Wimbledon. First time going. Very excited. Shame Nadal pulled out though as would have loved to see him play. 

Enjoy! I know it’s a bit of a cliche thing to do, but get yourself some strawberries. They get them from this particular farm and they genuinely are the best strawberries I have had - no idea how they make them so good! 

On 20/06/2021 at 15:36, Manwell Pablo said:

I sadly agree. He just can’t shake this groin injury and it’s been so long now. I would like to see him give doubles a go personally 

33 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Enjoy! I know it’s a bit of a cliche thing to do, but get yourself some strawberries. They get them from this particular farm and they genuinely are the best strawberries I have had - no idea how they make them so good! 

Thanks, really excited!

Looked at their website and they seem proud of the fact they've kept their strawberries and cream costs down to £2.50 for 11 years lol 

Might as well give them a shot!

On 21/06/2021 at 13:22, Facecloth said:

Raonic has pulled out of Wimbledon now. Along with Nadal, Warwrinka and possibly Goffin not playing means Norrie will almost certainly be seeded.

Not sure it benefits him that much to be honest.

Unseeded against someone between 10-20 in round one or two he’d stand a half decent chance of the fourth round given his form.

seeded around 31 it’ll be, win, win, oh hello Novak.