Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bit shit fans can't watch the whole of the Djokovic/Berettini match. Shame the players have to go off as well as it was shaping up to be a good finish with Berettini winning the 3rd.

They could surely see this happening a mile off. The French Open has got a looooooooong way to go to be of the same standard as the other grand slams. 

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

That reaction from Djokovic wow 😮 he must have been on edge 

Being a knobhead as usual.

Hopefully it’s Rafa vs Tsitsipas on Sunday, a Djokovic vs Zverev final would be horrid.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

That reaction from Djokovic wow 😮 he must have been on edge 

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Being a knobhead as usual.

Yeah thought it was a but OTT.

I reckon if they didn't have the break, Berettini would have taken it to 5.

Awaits MP to tell me that Rafa will never make another Roland Garros final :cry:lol

That match was an absolute classic though, Tennis from a different planet.

Would love Tsitsipas to win on Sunday, but if Novak plays like that, Stef will be getting smashed.

8 hours ago, kingfox said:

Awaits MP to tell me that Rafa will never make another Roland Garros final :cry:lol

Would love Tsitsipas to win on Sunday, but if Novak plays like that, Stef will be getting smashed.

Wouldn't rule out him winning next year, nor would I rule out him not ever winning it again. He is 35, and had plenty of injuries in his career. 

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Wouldn't rule out him winning next year, nor would I rule out him not ever winning it again. He is 35, and had plenty of injuries in his career. 

Agree with this. Looks like Novak will really push him on clay now, but it's only 8 months since Rafa won it without dropping a set. Reckon he might get one more.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Agree with this. Looks like Novak will really push him on clay now, but it's only 8 months since Rafa won it without dropping a set. Reckon he might get one more.

Looking at a couple of other matches too. Wouldnt say he struggled but the likes of Norrie and Sinner definitely made more impact in the match the you would have expected previously. He would have swatted those types aside no problem in the past. He's trying to shorten points because he's aging and not as physically fit as he was, so it would be stupid just to assume he'll be back in a year sweeping all to one side like he has in the past.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Looking at a couple of other matches too. Wouldnt say he struggled but the likes of Norrie and Sinner definitely made more impact in the match the you would have expected previously. He would have swatted those types aside no problem in the past. He's trying to shorten points because he's aging and not as physically fit as he was, so it would be stupid just to assume he'll be back in a year sweeping all to one side like he has in the past.

Agreed. He seemed a bit nervy in a lot of games too. Didn't quite carry the same authority.

Which is why it was insane that bookies had Novak at 2/1 before the start of that game!

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

What is it with the next generation, losing 6-4 in the final set of a Slam final.

First Medvedev, then Thiem, now Tsitsipas :cry:

It’s the Carabao cup of tennis, no one cares about it unless you win the final. 

I am going to say it now 

give it ten years a huge scandal will come out about tennis

I know what i think but I will protect myself on here

PLAYER A loses to Player b in four at rolland garros...he looks ordinary tires at the end of matches, in this case to a austrian clearly better than him on the day.

He then goes on magical diet wins very match afterwards lasting more than four hours over the next 11 years

Nothing to see here of course, its all natural ability of course.

Its why I am glad I never went pro as a runner, sport is riddled with it.

Edited by twister

On 11/06/2021 at 22:27, kingfox said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if he continues to be a danger at Roland Garros but as I told you,  he’s nowhere near what he was in  general.

Certainly doesn’t make a grand slams win “hollow” if he’s not in attendance, fed even more so.

But anyway I came here to say well done Jack Draper, great result.

17 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if he continues to be a danger at Roland Garros but as I told you,  he’s nowhere near what he was in  general.

Certainly doesn’t make a grand slams win “hollow” if he’s not in attendance, fed even more so.

But anyway I came here to say well done Jack Draper, great result.

Still don’t agree, not yet anyway.

With Wimbledon coming up, I still think you have to favour Djokovic, Nadal and Federer, purely because of their experience on Grass.

There hasn’t been any grass action since 2019, plus the next generation are either inexperienced on the surface(Medvedev & Tsitsipas for example), or their Wimbledon records are pretty bang average(Thiem & Zverev for example).

Therefore if the main trio don’t do it, we’ll probably end up getting a John Isner vs Sam Querrey final, that would be a great way to break the cycle ;)