Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Alcaraz is going to win a lot, on all surfaces. Hopefully he has some competition coming through. 

To be that complete at such a young age is incredible. It's like Haaland in football, just seem like they are made in a lab for a particular sport. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Marco said:

F...ck off Djokovic you antivax bellend!

48 minutes ago, Lionator said:

July 2023 and people are still hating Djokovic for a personal choice (that yes I disagree with but hardly makes him a bad person). 

I agree with him about the vaccine but was sat in a bar in Cyprus with 3 Spanish lads what an evening lol

Alcaraz really stepped up in that 5th set. Nobody else could have lived with Djokovic's level once he stepped it up after set 3.

He is going to win a silly number of slams injuries permitting. Hopefully a few of the younger players can step it up, but I don't really see too much genuine competition at the moment. Hopefully Rune can get there, that would make for a nice rivalry given he is a bit of a spiky character.

Djokovic could still easily add a few more slams as well and close the book on the GOAT debate.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

Alcatraz as I like to call him lol is an absolute baller. We just witnessed history yesterday and like Sampras and Federer before him he will be top dog for a long time. As for Novak his time at the top is over but he won’t go quietly.

15 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Alcatraz as I like to call him lol is an absolute baller. We just witnessed history yesterday and like Sampras and Federer before him he will be top dog for a long time. As for Novak his time at the top is over but he won’t go quietly.

Excellent, not just me then :D

In his post match interview he talked of Djokovic winning tournements when he was born (make the chap feel worse). I hadn't realised until I saw a list today, in the 20 years since he was born only Federer, Radal, Djokovic and Murrry have won the Wimbledon title. 

Time passes quickly and I'd not realised their dominance went back 20 years. 

Leyton Hewitt was 2002, in case you were wondering. 

For me I’m just puzzled that after all these decades and decades Andy Murray is all the LTA has to show for itself in terms of real success? Why has there not been a root & branch investigation like there was by the English FA and subsequent efforts to create a new coaching system and process for identifying young talent. LTA still seems to smell of elitism and a sport for the white uniformed priveledged. For a sport that is so much fun to play at all levels there should be more investment in better public park courts and free coaching schools within urban areas.

If there is a real desire to unearth home grown champions the LTA should look everywhere and promote the sport better and equally in all communities and neighborhoods. Look no further than the Williams sisters for inspiration honing their skills at an early age in Public tennis courts around gang ridden south central LA! If there is a will there is a way

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone watch the men’s final yesterday? Absolutely fantastic stuff again - fingers crossed Novak keeps fit for a few years yet so we can see many great finals between him and Alcaraz. In some ways disappointing for Carlos as he didn’t take his chances, but when considering just how poor he’s been playing (by his standards) over the last couple of weeks, it was encouraging to see him competing at the highest level when it matters. 

The Saudi's now getting in on Tennis I see. 

ATP Tour to hold Next Gen Finals in Saudi Arabia from 2023

Tennis will hold a professional event in Saudi Arabia for the first time after a five-year deal was agreed for Jeddah to host the Next Gen ATP Finals.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/66607311

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Good win for Murray and Draper started well.

Didn't realise had a  VAR type system now - and sounds like it was a bit of a mess the first time they used it. 

Me neither. And it was! 

great to see this from Jack - people had been writing him off saying he wasn’t fit enough to play here yet. Just needs to stay injury free and he can really start competing for trophies. 

• Like 1