Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Well beaten .

Sounded very flat and weary.

Michael Mmoh came from 2 sets down v his fellow American John Isner to win and will play Jack next .

Good match up?

Yeah, not great really. That Murray spark is missing right now, and I would be surprised if he’s there next year. 

Would  far sooner Jack play Mmoh than Isner! 

• Like 1

Saying that, he is so SO close to being seeded. Hopefully by the Aus open his ranking will be high enough and he will have an easier draw. Dimitrov would have always been a tricky one for him even during his prime years (terrible match up from Andy’s perspective!)

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

For the first time ever, I will give Dan Evans props.

Some of the points he and Alcaraz are playing have been outrageous 👏🏻

Winning the third set has been thoroughly deserved.

Absolute delight of a match. And well done to Jack Draper as well - making fourth round when he has played so little (and is still playing through injury) is a huge achievement 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

It's good for the game but she has always come over as a self obsessed little brat can't say I'm too pleased for her. 

Better than Sabalenka though. 

Really? I always think she comes over very well - extremely well spoken for her age. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rachhere said:

Really? I always think she comes over very well - extremely well spoken for her age. 

Some of the comments she has made about opponents have been quite arrogant and even spiteful at times, but then again she is young. I should give her the benefit of doubt 

21 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Some of the comments she has made about opponents have been quite arrogant and even spiteful at times, but then again she is young. I should give her the benefit of doubt 

She’s American. End of. She’s a bloody good player. 

Hoping for a Medvedev win tonight just because he seems like a funny chap, he was insanely good the other night to beat Alcaraz. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I've always thought the opposite about her.

In particular her interview after the climate protesters disrupted her game the other day showed an extremely mature, rational, world aware  and empathetic young woman. 

On a tennis note however she is supremely talented.  I suggest this will be the first of many grand slams for her.

So many comments fired at her on social media where people were annoyed that she wasn’t annoyed by the protesters!

She’s had a huge amount of expectation on her over the years following her win against Venus Williams at 15. Same with Emma Raducanu now where there’s a real sense of impatience placed on them and  it’s seen that you don’t go on to achieve the expectations people place on you, somehow that is construed as failure. 

So Medvedev vs Novak… who wins. Their head to head is surprisingly close (if you discount previous retirements), I am sure I heard earlier that Med is the only player to have beaten Novak on hard court this year (admittedly he missed a lot of tournaments so not so many opportunities for him to lose) and of course Danil has that underlying knowledge that he has managed to beat him in the US open final before. I think I will still go for Novak, because history tells us it’s mad not to, but I am hoping for a really good match.