Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Top 10 PS2 Games of All Time

I thought I would compile my own top 10 PS2 games of all time. Feel free to discuss, add to, replace, agree, disagree, compile your own, or whatever.

The list is not in any sort of order, just a top 10 list. 10 is not necessarily the worst and 1 isn't necessarily the best. Well, with that sorted...

1 Resident Evil 4

2 God of War

3 Final Fantasy X

4 Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

5 Pro Evolution Soccer 6

6 Gran Turismo 4

7 GTA: San Andreas

8 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

9 Okami

10 Ico

Well, what can I say. I was bored.

You look at that list and say: yes I want RE5, yes I want God of War 3, yes I want FFXIII and yes I want GT5. 2009 is going to be a great year for PS3!

Some quality games on PS2, very hard choices.

1. GTA Vice City

2. GTA San Andreas

3. Smackdown - Here Comes The Pain

4. Medal of Honour - Rising Sun

5. Gran Turismo - Aspec

6. FIFA 2002 (best FIFA ever made)

7. Pro Evolution 3

8. LMA Manager 2004

9. Blade Trinity

10. Harry Potter - Quidditch World Cup

I preferred MGS2 because in MGS3 if you get spotted by the guards it literally takes 5 minutes for the to get out of alert and caution mode. I took to finding a hiding place and flicking over to watch some TV while it sorted itself out.

lol Fair enough, but 3 is definitely better than 2 in almost every way in my opinion. It is/was a new challenge being in a jungle environment and a lot less places to hide. Been trying to play it again recently but can't find my PS2 and I only have the 40g PS3 which only plays PS1 games. (And PS3 too obviously :whistle: )

The AI in the PS2 Metal Gears are pretty average though. :D It's far better in the harder difficulties of 4, but still pretty retarded in the easier modes.

Sometimes that's the beauty of MGS though, I love messing about with the guards/PMCs using Playboys etc. :D Then holding them up and searching them too. :whistle::D

In no particular order

FFX

PES08

Resdient Evil 4

Smash Court Pro Tennis 2

Killzone

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 05

James Bond 007:Nightfire

Buzz (Hollywood or Big Quiz or Monkey mini games)

BurnOut

GTA: San Andreas

I am currently playing Tiger Woods a lot now but its unbeliviable easy

no order, starwars-battlefront 2, fifa 2003, gta-san andreas, gran turismo-aspec, harry potter quiditch world cup, battlefield modern combat, killzone, metal gear solid 2 sons of liberty, timesplitters, championship manager 07

lol Fair enough, but 3 is definitely better than 2 in almost every way in my opinion. It is/was a new challenge being in a jungle environment and a lot less places to hide. Been trying to play it again recently but can't find my PS2 and I only have the 40g PS3 which only plays PS1 games. (And PS3 too obviously :whistle: )

The AI in the PS2 Metal Gears are pretty average though. :D It's far better in the harder difficulties of 4, but still pretty retarded in the easier modes.

Sometimes that's the beauty of MGS though, I love messing about with the guards/PMCs using Playboys etc. :D Then holding them up and searching them too. :whistle::D

It's true the environment was different but you seriously did have to wait a long time! You'd accidentally get spotted very briefly and be able to hide right away but then still have to wait a billion years. I liked MGS2 just because it was similar to MGS1 and I fell in love with that game. Give me a radar and unlimited silencer and I'm all yours.

It's true the environment was different but you seriously did have to wait a long time! You'd accidentally get spotted very briefly and be able to hide right away but then still have to wait a billion years. I liked MGS2 just because it was similar to MGS1 and I fell in love with that game. Give me a radar and unlimited silencer and I'm all yours.

Yeh, fair point really. Agreed. :thumbup:

But Naked/Solid Snake > Raiden :D

i would have prefered to play as snake but mgs-sons of libertys is better due to the fact it was full of more surprises and vamp lol

Vamp is so awesome. Definitely my favourite new character in 2.

Kicked his arse in 4 though. With Snake obviously. :whistle: But didn't get to finish him off. :angry:

Now you've got a thread and a half son. :thumbup:

1. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Couldn't choose sorry. :P Overall I think MGS3 is a better game than 2, but 2 holds a special place in my heart as it was the first MGS game I ever owned. So both of 'em. :D

2. Final Fantasy x

What can I say? Just beautiful.

3. GTA: Vice City

Godly game with an unbelievable soundtrack and great story. Absolutely hilarious game and not much beats knocking people down on a scooter with Billie Jean on.

Started this last night and still can't finish it. xD Will add to it.

Now you've got a thread and a half son. :thumbup:

1. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Couldn't choose sorry. :P Overall I think MGS3 is a better game than 2, but 2 holds a special place in my heart as it was the first MGS game I ever owned. So both of 'em. :D

2. Final Fantasy x

What can I say? Just beautiful.

3. GTA: Vice City

Godly game with an unbelievable soundtrack and great story. Absolutely hilarious game and not much beats knocking people down on a scooter with Billie Jean on.

Started this last night and still can't finish it. xD Will add to it.

4. Grand Turismo 3

This game is just shear quality keeps anyone entertained for hours, it would take a lot to produce a better racing game than this

Archived