Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Bad Fox

Aman Verma [Signed - 11 Dec]

What I can't understand is that we're signing a player without absolutely no track record at a lower level. He isn't the Dickinson, Knighty or Beckford who ripped their non-league divisions to bits and the only way of so far showcasing his talent in a competitive arena has been against the likes of Blyth, Hinckley and Hucknall yet we don't read reports of him storming games at that level. We're just told he's 'alright' in the very slow paced ressies and training.

Give him a tiny contract till the summer. What we got to lose?

What I can't understand is that we're signing a player without absolutely no track record at a lower level. He isn't the Dickinson, Knighty or Beckford who ripped their non-league divisions to bits and the only way of so far showcasing his talent in a competitive arena has been against the likes of Blyth, Hinckley and Hucknall yet we don't read reports of him storming games at that level. We're just told he's 'alright' in the very slow paced ressies and training.

I personally think it's fantastic news, it means we've all got a chance to make a name for ourselves should the opportunity arise. This is bringing football back to the average man. I like it. If I was a manager i'd always have an absolute duffer in my squad just for the buzz.

Give him a tiny contract till the summer. What we got to lose?

We've said that far too many times in the past 2 to 4 years.

Might put in the performance of a life-time this evening down Goals and I'll be training with Citeh during Xmas. Goals is not far from Evington Leisure Centre.

There's no risk attached, I hardly think we'll be paying him thousands of pounds per week, and we don't need to pay any transfer fee either.

I remember playing alongside local unknown Bill Garner for Midland League outfit Loughborough United against Grimsby Town Reserves.

Not many weeks later he joined Notts County, moved on to Southend after just two games, had a blinder against Chelsea in the Cup, got signed as one of if not the the first £100,000 footballers by the Pensioners, played several seasons for that club and scored (twice I think) against a legendary Liverpool side in a 4-2 FA Cup win when the Merseysiders were European Champions.

He didn't have the easiest of times overall, partly because of illness, but his record of goals per game played is quite commendable. So unknowns can have an impact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Garner

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football-he...sp?HeroID=17923

OFFICIAL.

Six month deal.

Manager Nigel Pearson said: "Aman has been on trial with us for a number of weeks and he has benefited from training on a full time basis.

"He's a strong lad and has a desire to learn. It's early days for him yet, but he has impressed me so far. "

Good for him.

Hopefully he'll be good for the future and the dressing room.

He's obviously worked hard and has impressed Pearson enough on merit to warrant a chance.

Fair Play.

N.

As Tevez says, we haven't got anything to lose. He's a free agent so we haven't paid any money for him and I doubt he's on that high a wage. Could turn out to be one of the finds of the season if it works out. Good luck to him.

Well done to the lad. City throw contracts at mediocre players with huge contracts, at least Aman is a local lad who just wants to do well. Fair play to him and fair play to city. If it works then well done to everyone, and if it doesn't then at least Aman knows he tried and city carry on progressing through the leagues. Excellent happy ending for everyone :) I love fairy tales man.

Well done to the lad. City throw contracts at mediocre players with huge contracts, at least Aman is a local lad who just wants to do well. Fair play to him and fair play to city. If it works then well done to everyone, and if it doesn't then at least Aman knows he tried and city carry on progressing through the leagues. Excellent happy ending for everyone :) I love fairy tales man.

I concur.

I love fairy tales like this where a local lad gets his chance to make it big time. Rather this, than throw big contracts at mediocre players.

As you said, if it works out then great. If not, then at least he knows he tried. He can move, we can move on, and everybody is happy.

Archived