Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
markbsac

Leicester City v Leyton Orient Post Match

Bit worried by Dyer today, didn't do much and didn't seem that up for it. Mind you, I think he knew he'd had a stinker when he came off, so maybe this is the nudge he needs to get back on it. Pleased with Gradel when he came on though, he looked hungry and had a few good runs.

Have to echo your point about Dyer, he looked pretty gutted/frustrated as he walked off....seems to have lost a bit of confidence :dunno: ...strange considering the way he was playing earlier in the season, but I'm sure it's just a bad patch and he'll come through it.

Was really impressed with Maxi when he came on though..looked really up for it and like he's willing to fight for his shirt which is great. Had a few nice little runs aswell.

And what the hell, might aswell join in on the Davies love-in: I love this guy! It's no exaggeration he's the best player we've had down at the Walkers since Muz!

Get the wallet out Milan! :thumbup:

Anyone else see Dickov and Gradel arguing for the penalty hehe

Yes. Something similar happened with Gradel and Pitman at Bournemouth in a cup match.

Felt gutted for Max that Dickov took it off him, but then pleased for Dickov.

Max needs a goal though.

We're seperating the men from the boys in this league, because we all know what happens to small boys...

In 2009 small boys are no longer in the park, No, small boys are in the dark. "Mummy, Mummy, daddy's hurting me mummy" etc

Did anyone go Huddersfield away this season. I went in disguise!!!! I was there in the Leicester end!! Me, TBJS

Peace

We're seperating the men from the boys in this league, because we all know what happens to small boys...

In 2009 small boys are no longer in the park, No, small boys are in the dark. "Mummy, Mummy, daddy's hurting me mummy" etc

Did anyone go Huddersfield away this season. I went in disguise!!!! I was there in the Leicester end!! Me, TBJS

Peace

Welcome back.

What did you do?

lol

I have already had this discussion with the other half. I fully intend to be on a pitch at some stage this season, despite what he said.

Enjoy the Whams?

Also - The MOTM curse didn't strike!

We were in control from start to finish. I can't remember Orient creating any chance of note. Davies was superb - Howard and Oakley were not far behind. Special mention to King, who I feel has really started to make an impact recently; he's become more involved in games, which is probably down to having Davies in there.

Ling: We were well beaten

Leyton Orient manager Martin Ling conceded his side were well beaten following their 3-0 thumping at leaders Leicester.

Goals from Matt Oakley, on-loan midfielder Mark Davies and Paul Dickov sealed a convincing win for the Foxes.

Ling said: ``We had to play to our full potential and above to win, but two mistakes put us two goals down by half-time and there was no way back from that.

``But it was important not to be demoralised by a thumping defeat. We managed to do that and build up a head of steam after the break but we were never going to beat a good side like Leicester City who thoroughly deserved their win.''

I was bored most of the match. It was a nice, satisfying bored though. We were utterly dominant. The pastie and Bovril at half time was good although I fell off my chair when we got the penalty. That hurt. And it was cold. Really fvcking cold.

Yesterday was a perfect example of why heaters should be given free with a match programme. The ref should have blown up (not literally, but it may have improved his performance) at 2-0, let everyone go home.

Happy, and content.

The ref should have blown up (not literally, but it may have improved his performance) at 2-0, let everyone go home.

The officials were appalling - even more so than the visitors.

How can a linesman spot an offside from fifty yards, yet fail to notice a foul throw taken from under his very nose? :unsure::angry:

How can a linesman spot an offside from fifty yards, yet fail to notice a foul throw taken from under his very nose? :unsure::angry:

The only game I've seen this season with worse officials was the Brizzle Rovers game and that ref missed two stonewall penalties. Awful. This does seem to be a common theme of post-match messageboards though in all fairness.

They were awful. Both the officials and the opposition were as awful as one another though to be fair.

Generally though this season, the officials haven't been too bad. I felt last season that the officials cost us a lot more in games than we've had this season. Maybe that's down to the fact that we're top though and things pretty much seem to be going our way, rather than against us.

Good to see Gradel back causing a stir. I'm sure he was doing a little dance on the pitch as well when he first came on.

I've always said it, he's best used on the left so he can cut inside and turn defenders inside out. I hope he can now start to make more of an impact for us. Dyer is well off form at the minute, but i'm sure it won't be for long.

Oakley used his experience in the first 15 mins when the game was scrappy at times, but his class and positioning devastated them. Great finish again from him and his first touch in the first few minutes that left their left back for dead was Bergkamp-esque.

King was quality and Mark Davies was nothing short of a ruthless beast, phenomenal.

Was pleasing to see Fryatt pass to Oakley for the goal instead of trying to go it alone, which he probably would have tried to do earlier in the season. He did well, as did Howard who caused them no end of problems.

Met several FTers for the first time - a totally underwhelming experience for them no doubt, despite Raj's usual unbridled enthusiasm, but nice to put (sickeningly young) faces to names

:wave:

I seem to remember I spent most of it doubled over (in laughter, all you filthmongers) at what Raj was saying.

Archived