Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Mark Davies hands in transfer request...

Bwahaha...you absolute disabled.

The guy believes in his ability and sees this as a great chance to break into the first team of premier league club. I'd do the same thing in a fooking heartbeat if I was him. Why are you carping on about loyalty?! He was on bloody loan and gave his all every week, he owes us nothing! Yeah he's a favorite with the fans but given his outstanding performances I don't think we've shown him more love than fans of any other club would.

Piss off.

Couldn't get into the first team at Wolves, a Championship team, so had to come on loan to League One... and he's suddenly good enough to be in the Premiership first teams? Get real! If he thinks he's getting half as many games as he does here and also, get the chance to show his ability and hone it like he did here, he's as thick as pig shit! That or he's after the money and the prestige of just being at a Premiership club.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to a Premiership team that he rarely shifts off the bench and as for fans loving him like they do here... well... that simply isn't going to happen... he'll be a nobody to them with all the other players in their teams.

I think he will sign for us for these reasons.

We are clearly going to be in the Championship next season.

He will get football week in week out here.

He won't have to move house, and move his family (if he has one :P) as Wolves is near Leicester.

He will get fairly decent wages here.

He won't want to play in the reserves at Bolton.

Its dirty and cold up North.

Bolton may be relegated this season anyway.

We will have a winning mentality in the Championship next season, if Bolton go down they will have a losing mentality and less chance of going back to the Premiership than us.

Just stay here Mark :thumbup:

Piss off.

Couldn't get into the first team at Wolves, a Championship team, so had to come on loan to League One... and he's suddenly good enough to be in the Premiership first teams? Get real! If he thinks he's getting half as many games as he does here and also, get the chance to show his ability and hone it like he did here, he's as thick as pig shit! That or he's after the money and the prestige of just being at a Premiership club.

He's good enough for the premiership because a premiership team want to buy him. Teams like Bolton can't afford to spend £1million on reserve team players.

Piss off.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to a Premiership team that he rarely shifts off the bench and as for fans loving him like they do here... well... that simply isn't going to happen... he'll be a nobody to them with all the other players in their teams.

Right he is 20, He had an injuries for the past 2 years, He was breaking into the Wolves team before the injuries making him 17/18 but due to injuries never really happened, He was rated as the next best thing at Wolves and a hot prospect for England, He has finally become fit again been sent to us to get fitness back McCarthy rated him but now Davies had turned down a new contract and handed a transfer request in knowing a few team are interested in him.

I slag players of when they fook us off (Hume, Dickov, e.t.c) but this I really can't see how you can slag Davies off, for one he is not even ours he doesn't owe us anything, I hope he does sign for us but I certainly won't be slagging him off if he signs for someone else, and I wish the lad good luck.

Nige has "Moved On" from Davies.

Maybe we all should too, he aint coming here.

Agreed, it's a shame but we managed to cope yesterday without him against a decent team. We simply cannot compete against premier league teams on the transfer front, and our only hope would be to outbid Bolton which I very much doubt will happen.

We will have a winning mentality in the Championship next season, if Bolton go down they will have a losing mentality and less chance of going back to the Premiership than us.

This is a really stupid comment. Winning mentality is important, but it doesn't give you more chance of promotion that one of the teams relegated from the division above.

That's like saying Hereford had more chance of promotion this season than we did.

Oh god...we've had players move on before and it will happen again....It's the nature of football, get over it...NP has. Why is it continuing!!!!

there will be other players just as good if not beter for next season...NP and SW KNOW what they are doing!!!

Thankyou and good night

Agreed, it's a shame but we managed to cope yesterday without him against a decent team. We simply cannot compete against premier league teams on the transfer front, and our only hope would be to outbid Bolton which I very much doubt will happen.

Its highlighted the negative side of loan players, as it can leave a hole if they dont stay permanently!

Hope the same wont apply to Hobbs and Gilbert.

Good luck to Davies, pretty sure he's going to Fulham from what I hear.

Wolves' whole handling of the affair has been very unsatisfactory however, and I'm glad he's stuck it to McCarthy, really hope they don't get promoted now.

They told us he was available to play today and then accepted a bid from Fulham late last night and told Davies to go and negotiate it if he wasn't going to sign for them. They haven't given us the time of day, despite getting Stearman on the cheap.

What a nobhead you are, even your fellow fans think so. Are you still upset that we bought Stearman off you, because that's what it sounds like? You obviously don't know the first thing about what's gone on behind the scenes and are clinging to a 606 rumour to try and save face. He was in Wolverhampton yesterday because he wanted to hand his transfer request in and we needed to talk to him about the bids that had come in for him. Bad luck for you yes, but then again Leicester's games aren't our priority are they? I'm sure if Davies or Leicester wanted him to stay and play he would have done as he's under loan contract.

Davies will almost certainly go to Bolton. I'm 99.9% certain. I'd be amazed if he went to Fulham. Chris Evans was Wolves academy manager for a long time and was Davies mentor. I'm willing to bet they still keep in touch. I expect Megson has never ever seen him play or can't remember if he has.

Personally I'm disappointed in Davies. After nurturing him through 2 years of injuries and numerous off-field problems I thought he'd at least sign a new contract with the agreement that if a Prem team came in for him we wouldn't stand in his way and then we could get a decent fee. Lescott did this, Olofinjana did this, as have a few others over the years. Instead he's decided that once he's fit he's off after giving absolutely nothing to Wolves apart from a few appearances. If he wants to have that attitude he can fook off to the highest bidder. I'm secretly hoping Leicester trump Bolton's bid so we can send him down a league rather than up.

For a long time there have been rumours of his attitude of being a Billy Big-B*****s. I remember when he broke into the team and the Wolves fans were extremely excited and supportive of him. Yet he was apparently going round telling all his mates that he was off to Liverpool as he'd heard they were watching him. Then there's the Wolves fans who've seen him out in Birmingham/Wolverhampton nightclubs giving it the big "Do you know who I am" act. McCarthy apparently wanted to bomb him out of the club as he doesn't seem to suffer these big attitudes well. It was Moxey who convinced him to keep him on.

We've got where we are with young players who'll run through brick walls for this club, we don't need the likes of Davies. It's a shame as I rated him, but I'm not too worried about losing a player who's contributed nothing to where we are now. I'd imagine Leicester fans feel the same way - You didn't miss him yesterday too much.

This is a really stupid comment. Winning mentality is important, but it doesn't give you more chance of promotion that one of the teams relegated from the division above.

That's like saying Hereford had more chance of promotion this season than we did.

Swansea - Derby?

I think it does.

IT's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Davies is definitely not staying with us.

Although I don't want to believe it, it looks as if he is heading to the premiership.

What advantages do City have over the likes of Wigan and Fulham, and Bolton ( :@ ).

Yes, we probably will go up and play in the Ch'ship next season, but Davies is getting the chance to play in the Premier League, and to be fair, Wigan are probably the team I would most likely to see him go to, seeing as we aren't getting him.

We need to focus our targets to getting a defender for covering Hobbs/Morrison. Cleverly/Berner can fill in Davies boots. They did yesterday

So Bolton vs Leicester move...

At Bolton he gets...

• Club with decent sized ground and moderate support (even in the Prem).
  • To stand in the middle of the pitch and watch the ball ping backwards and forwards over his head.
  • A realistic chance of playing in the Championship next season.

At Leicester he gets...

• Club with decent sized ground and good support (even in the 1st Div).
  • To play with the ball at his feet and be the conduit for the teams attacks.
  • A realistic chance of playing in the Championship next season.

It should be so clear to him - but probably won't be, unless MM really pulls out his finger.

What a load of crap about Mark Davies going to bolton to better his career, he is going there for the money and im not really blaming him but he will probably fook his career up by not playing regular games.

There are too many shit little northern clubs like Bolton in the prem and in time the bubble will burst, hopefully if they have enough rope they will hang themselves.

Its a shame because I think Davies would have done a lot better long term with ourselves as he is only 20 but we will most probably be playing bolton in the championship next year anyway. I will have a look at the fixtures and book my holiday when we play bolton at home as I couldnt stand the boredom of watching the ginger twats team.

dunno if it's been posted, but wigan have made a bid it's on SSN

I seen that too, but it has just been revealed Wigan will announce the signing of Ben Watson for Crystal Palace for £2 Million tomorrow. Not sure if that affect the Davies deal, Watson is a midfielder isn't he? And £2 Million - Not sure on Wigan's finance's but if Davies is £1 Million can they afford that?!

I'm clinging onto any hope he might sign for us but don't think he will.

Don't know if anyone heard NP on Radio Leicester this morning.

He was very unhappy at the way Mark Davies dealt with this issue.

Apparently Davies left it to his Agent to contact us at short notice and say that he would not be playing.(Despite training all week with us with yesterdays game in mind)

NP feels that Davies seriously let us down by not personally talking to him.

He went on to say if that is Davies's attitude he would not consider signing him now or at any time in the future.

He feels that Davies used us to further his own ends.

Don't know if anyone heard NP on Radio Leicester this morning.

He was very unhappy at the way Mark Davies dealt with this issue.

Apparently Davies left it to his Agent to contact us at short notice and say that he would not be playing.(Despite training all week with us with yesterdays game in mind)

NP feels that Davies seriously let us down by not personally talking to him.

He went on to say if that is Davies's attitude he would not consider signing him now or at any time in the future.

He feels that Davies used us to further his own ends.

It wouldnt surprise me Nigel strikes me as being a no nonsence manager.

It wouldnt surprise me Nigel strikes me as being a no nonsence manager.

So close but I can't resist anyway..

65acc961ab72d75b9b4f27b18eba6727.image.171x160.jpg

On Davies I think Wigan would be his best bet, but with Fulham having just sold Bulard theres extra space there. Just not Bolton please. Buf if Watson is priced at £2m surely that makes £1m for Davies look inflated - after all Watson has prem experience and has played regularly for 4 or so seasons now.

Archived