Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alf Bentley

Steve Howard: interesting "stat"

According to today's offical (rip-off) matchday programme....

Out of all the players at all 24 clubs....

the player who concedes most fowls is...Steve Howard

But...

the player against whom most fowls are committed is...Steve Howard

IF we go up, there are arguments to be had about the most effective strikeforce. but I'd have thought that Steve will be part of the equation, part of the 16, at the very least, probably the 11.

At L1 level, or frankly at Championshp level, you'd need an outstandingly strong/creative midfield and/or 2 absolutely outstanding strikers to do without what Steve offers a team (strength, control, exceptional passing ability, flick-ons, knock-downs, relief, alternative attacking angle etc.)

Steve Howard ... What a plank. People are raving on about him like he's a change man. Hello we're in LEAGUE 1 !!

I hope we get rid of him and Oakley next season both planks.

Just remember fickle fans, WE'RE IN LEAGUE 1.

What the the mighty Steve do last year ?

Steve Howard ... What a plank. People are raving on about him like he's a change man. Hello we're in LEAGUE 1 !!

We're in League 1 thus we have League 1 players. When we get to the Championship we'll get Championship players.

Meanwhile, please let us have a wank over him in peace.

Just like what has the mighty Fryatt done for the last 3 seasons? yet he's on fire this season, ive got o doubt Howard can have an impact at championship level he done it at a average Luton team 3 years ago.

Not a lot but in a totally different side run, to a great extent, by a manager who was more comedian than tactician.

Last season there was precious little chance of goals coming from anywhere except the strikers because we hadn't got anyone else in the team who was a confident goalscorer and, unfortunately for the strikers, no-one who could create things either.

It was perfectly obvious from day one this season that we'd score. And, while there is clearly room for further improvement, I'm quite happy we would score with this team in the Championship.

Howard and Fryatt both have their limitations, no question. But provide them with enough chances and they will bag their share of goals. Not enough goals perhaps but they'd help provide the right foundation.

I didn't even think you supported Leicester. Is it Arsenal? Liverpool? Man City?

But...

IF we go up, there are arguments to be had about the most effective strikeforce. but I'd have thought that Steve will be part of the equation, part of the 16, at the very least, probably the 11.

At L1 level, or frankly at Championshp level, you'd need an outstandingly strong/creative midfield and/or 2 absolutely outstanding strikers to do without what Steve offers a team (strength, control, exceptional passing ability, flick-ons, knock-downs, relief, alternative attacking angle etc.)

Very interesting stats there.

Of those fouls that are conceded by Howard, how many of them are actually 'fouls'? Yesterday's yellow card was a total joke.

And of those fouls commited against Howard, exactly how many are constantly missed every game?

He is the most unlucky player when it comes to decisions. They never go for him and the referees are always against him.

To be honest Howard does concede a lot of fouls because he's always leading with his forearm and elbow, and often when he's attacking the ball in the air he's always pushing the defender in the back. Most of the fouls he gave away yesterday were deserved in my opinion. Once he received the yellow card he stopped leading with his elbow and still won the ball in the air, so I don't know why he doesn't think before he jumps.

In terms of assists Steve must be right up there in this league?

2 or 3 yesterday alone, one against Orient, I could go on...

He is the fulcrum around which the team attacks, and must have accounted for a lot of the space Fryatt had in the early part of the season, and if we have to hoof we at least have him to hoof it too. Does a lot of the dirty work for others

Anyone got the assist stats?

Ash your usernmae - swap the L for an M and there you have it, chain, chain, chain, chain letters.

Go here instead Ash

Really?! :o

But...

Exceptional passing ability, thats quite amusing :giggle:

Just like what has the mighty Fryatt done for the last 3 seasons? yet he's on fire this season, ive got o doubt Howard can have an impact at championship level he done it at a average Luton team 3 years ago.

Hatrick v west brom away

Behave.

Archived