djkieranj Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I was in m1 last night , you lot are a fu*king embarrasment to leicester city football club. fans??????? Last night you bleated "where were you when we were shit" to family , season ticket holders, part timers and a host of 'old boys' who were ready to ......... my point is ,season ticket snobbery aside, you are out of you're depth.
Scaramanga! Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 excuse me language, but..... WHO THE fook? WHO THE fook? WHO THE fooking HELL ARE YOU??? WHO THE fooking HELL ARE YOU???
City Lad Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I was in m1 last night , you lot are a fu*king embarrasment to leicester city football club. fans??????? Last night you bleated "where were you when we were shit" to family , season ticket holders, part timers and a host of 'old boys' who were ready to ......... my point is ,season ticket snobbery aside, you are out of you're depth. Grow up. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WERE SHIT??
Babylon Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I was in m1 last night , you lot are a fu*king embarrasment to leicester city football club. fans??????? Last night you bleated "where were you when we were shit" to family , season ticket holders, part timers and a host of 'old boys' who were ready to ......... my point is ,season ticket snobbery aside, you are out of you're depth. WARNING WARNING sense of humour failure I'm still too drunk to care thankfully.
philce Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I was in m1 last night , you lot are a fu*king embarrasment to leicester city football club. fans??????? Last night you bleated "where were you when we were shit" to family , season ticket holders, part timers and a host of 'old boys' who were ready to ......... my point is ,season ticket snobbery aside, you are out of you're depth. My point is. Where were you? Its nice to see the ground full, but if we hadn't been getting the trophy then you wouldn't be there. (The you I am referring to isn't you personally, but the you as is where were you when we were shit)
Asha Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 There were 10000 extra people there yesterday, that wouldn't have been there if we weren't given the trophy, most of whom made no attempt whatsoever to create an atmosphere. I was near the top of SK3, and was being forced to sit down by the people surrounding me. It was the game where we fcuking got the trophy ffs, the final home game of the season... That'll be the thing that annoys me most if Leicester ever become a top-4 premiership team. The amount of fake supporters who suddenly decide they've supported us all their life, even in league one....when they haven't...will annoy the fook out of me.
Filbert_Ross Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 there has been a 'i aint watching um in league 1' attitude with a few of the people I know. I dont get it, the shit we churned out in the championship for 4 years and they went them matches.
maddog Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I feel sorry for all the part-timers whose first match of the season was last night. Because of thier snobbery of 'i'm not watching us in league one :crylaugh:' they have missed a quite wonderful season. I have enjoyed this season just as much as the Premiership ones, and looked forward to going to watch us play Yeovil on a Tuesday night, just as much as going to watch Arsenal at home back in the Prem. We have got results this season for the first time since our last promotion from the Championship, last night summed up the season perfectly, we didn't play that well, leaked at the back and let Scunny have chances, yet we DIDN'T GET BEAT AGAIN. That has been the wonderful part of the season, winning loads of games and playing slick footy. We had 2 or 3 passing moves last night that were sublime, and i thought we were Arsenal in disguise.
Kilworthfox Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I was in m1 last night , you lot are a fu*king embarrasment to leicester city football club. fans??????? Last night you bleated "where were you when we were shit" to family , season ticket holders, part timers and a host of 'old boys' who were ready to ......... my point is ,season ticket snobbery aside, you are out of you're depth. The chants were brilliant. Taking the abuse personally is a faliure on your part, and there is some guilt there by the sounds of your angry statement that the group you seem to be defending possibly should have been there much more often this and the many other seasons when we have been failing as a club. As for the angry others you mention why would they be angry at a chant unless they were part time fans and don't like hearing about it?
SamL Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I've got to admit, I think that the 10,000 extra fans did create a better atmosphere last night. However, you can't just turn up to watch your team when you're playing well. Will these people turn up to watch us play Burnley on a cold Tuesday night in January when we're near the bottom of the league? No. You've got to stick by your team, through thick and thin. You can't just turn up when the going gets good, you've got to stick by them when it's not so good. I actually agree with Maddog, for once . The people there last night, who hadn't hardly been all season, have missed out on a great season. We've had so many highs, with hardly any lows, which we can't say we've had for many years. Their loss really isn't it.
clazkel Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I was in m1 last night , you lot are a fu*king embarrasment to leicester city football club. fans??????? Last night you bleated "where were you when we were shit" to family , season ticket holders, part timers and a host of 'old boys' who were ready to ......... my point is ,season ticket snobbery aside, you are out of you're depth. I agree with you, i found it embarassing, they are your own fans and there was no need for it. It was time to celebrate and get behind the team, not pick on your own fans. I know it was only banter and people were having a laugh, but i still think it was harsh to sing it to your own fans. And the song about the RAF, was there any need for that aswel? I know we havent filled the ground this season and alot of people would've turned up now we are champions and to see the trophy, and i understand where people are coming from, but i still dont think it warrants singing 'you only come for the trophy', they will be putting money into the club by buying their ticket, and buying tops etc. Maybe people cant afford a season ticket so they come to the big games, and this was a big game, being crowned Championees! It was a massive game in our history to lift the league 1 cup, and its goodd and a credit to the club that soo many people wanted to come and share it. I know someone who was sitting with the 'part timers' who has had a season ticket every season for about 20 yrs until this season as he now has to work alot of Saturdays so he just buys tickets when he can, and having other fans singing 'where were you when we were shit' mustve been really annoying.
Webbo Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 As I said in the post match thread there were a lots of people in L1 last night who I'd never seen before singing that song. Tbh I really don't mind, it's always nice to see a full house and the club must have made a fourtune last night.
Zingari Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I've got to admit, I think that the 10,000 extra fans did create a better atmosphere last night. However, you can't just turn up to watch your team when you're playing well. Will these people turn up to watch us play Burnley on a cold Tuesday night in January when we're near the bottom of the league? No. You've got to stick by your team, through thick and thin. You can't just turn up when the going gets good, you've got to stick by them when it's not so good. I actually agree with Maddog, for once . The people there last night, who hadn't hardly been all season, have missed out on a great season. We've had so many highs, with hardly any lows, which we can't say we've had for many years. Their loss really isn't it. optimistic i like it
Lillehamring Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I've got to admit, I think that the 10,000 extra fans did create a better atmosphere last night. However, you can't just turn up to watch your team when you're playing well. Will these people turn up to watch us play Burnley on a cold Tuesday night in January when we're near the bottom of the league? No. You've got to stick by your team, through thick and thin. You can't just turn up when the going gets good, you've got to stick by them when it's not so good. I actually agree with Maddog, for once . The people there last night, who hadn't hardly been all season, have missed out on a great season. We've had so many highs, with hardly any lows, which we can't say we've had for many years. Their loss really isn't it. well, um, you can actually - i've always had an ST when i could afford it, but there were seasons when i just couldn't manage to pay to go to every game - good or bad - and there were seasons when i worked weekends and would have to take days off to attend - so for many people it really is a case of picking and choosing, and as many have said, this is the game that every wants to see... if you have, say 15k ST holders, 3K without but attend 90% of the games, 10K who go to as many games as they can and 1K who go to maybe one game a season... it's inevitable that of those 11k irregular attendees only a certain percentage will turn up for individual games, but a special game like this everyone will make that extra effort to get there. this sort of chanting is typical of what disappoints me about going to city games, so much of the chanting is about abuse and insult rather than praising or encouraging the team. i'm sure those singing it thought it was 'funny', but it would have been energy better focused on cheering the team. and as for the IRA shit, dear god, is that even relevant to LCFC and football, do most people even know why they are singing it.
Uncle Albert Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 People moan when the Walkers is empty and now they are moaning that the Walkers is full?! People cant do right for doing wrong at times.
C-man Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 There were 10000 extra people there yesterday, that wouldn't have been there if we weren't given the trophy, most of whom made no attempt whatsoever to create an atmosphere. I was near the top of SK3, and was being forced to sit down by the people surrounding me. It was the game where we fcuking got the trophy ffs, the final home game of the season...That'll be the thing that annoys me most if Leicester ever become a top-4 premiership team. The amount of fake supporters who suddenly decide they've supported us all their life, even in league one....when they haven't...will annoy the fook out of me. I wouldn't worry about that As for comment about standing, you should have been in SK1. Quite impressive amount of standing to be fair. Personally, I don't give a fuck about 'part-timers' at home games. No-one is being prevented from going, the ground looks full and the club (and the city as a whole) benefits from it. I can't see any problem with it to be honest. Would everyone really enjoy sitting in a half empty stadium? Does no-one realise that the main income for the club are ticket sales, and yesterday could be the difference between bringing in 5 or 6 players?
Matt Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I wouldn't worry about that As for comment about standing, you should have been in SK1. Quite impressive amount of standing to be fair. Personally, I don't give a fuck about 'part-timers' at home games. No-one is being prevented from going, the ground looks full and the club (and the city as a whole) benefits from it. I can't see any problem with it to be honest. Would everyone really enjoy sitting in a half empty stadium? Does no-one realise that the main income for the club are ticket sales, and yesterday could be the difference between bringing in 5 or 6 players? I agree, not overly bothered about part-timers at home, however it did annoy me when I overheard someone say..."Whos our number 12 then"
Tilley Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I agree, not overly bothered about part-timers at home, however it did annoy me when I overheard someone say..."Whos our number 12 then" Reasons like this made me not go last night.
James. Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 People moan when the Walkers is empty and now they are moaning that the Walkers is full?! People cant do right for doing wrong at times. Personally, I don't give a fuck about 'part-timers' at home games. No-one is being prevented from going, the ground looks full and the club (and the city as a whole) benefits from it. I can't see any problem with it to be honest. Would everyone really enjoy sitting in a half empty stadium? Does no-one realise that the main income for the club are ticket sales, and yesterday could be the difference between bringing in 5 or 6 players? Yes to these posts. As for the IRA songs or whatever - clubs will always attract arseholes. The amount of times I've gone to away games and the same old crowd is there singing rubbish about Harry Roberts, IRA, German Bombers, blah blah blah. It's up to the rest of us to sing the right songs - louder.
StanSP Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 I agree, not overly bothered about part-timers at home, however it did annoy me when I overheard someone say..."Whos our number 12 then" Sure they weren't joking? If not, that would annoy me too. Even if you don't know, don't say! Just take a quick look at the programme or something.
davieG Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 Sure they weren't joking? If not, that would annoy me too. Even if you don't know, don't say! Just take a quick look at the programme or something. Who was Number 12 - I couldn't get a programme they'd sold out
C-man Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 Who was Number 12 - I couldn't get a programme they'd sold out Me neither. That's twice this season that's happened. The other one was Leeds. Mandaric will NOT be pleased.
Webbo Posted 25 April 2009 Posted 25 April 2009 Who was Number 12 - I couldn't get a programme they'd sold out This. (Sorry Valerenga)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.