Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kerrea Gilbert

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

Leicester City are already starting to cast their net overseas in search of the players who will build their Championship challenge next season.

Chief scout Steve Walsh has just returned from a spying mission in Europe to watch one of the targets already identified.

Walsh, who did not want to identify the player, has built up a strong contact base around the Continent from his time with Premier League clubs Chelsea and Newcastle.

He was instrumental in bringing Bulgarian international Aleksandar Tunchev to Leicester, and at Chelsea he tracked the progress of Gianfranco Zola and Didier Drogba before they arrived at Stamford Bridge.

However, Walsh believes the make-up of City's team next season will predominantly feature British players, with members of the League One title-winning side well to the fore.

Walsh said: "The young players here got better as the season went on and these are exciting times at the football club.

"They have gained experience and they will now rightly claim they can be good Championship players.

"It's important we try and kick on now and do as well as we can. The first thing we have do is get a team which is the benchmark for the Championship and then see how we go."

Walsh also acknowledged that if City are to "keep ahead of the game", the foreign market will benefit the club.

He said: "We need to supplement what we have with the odd nugget or diamond that we might find out there.

"We've got to get a team together to have a go at the Championship with the chance of reaching the play-offs, or even better.

"We will expand our scouting network this summer, so we are in very good shape as far as that is concerned."

Walsh knows there will be some other "big-hitters" competing with City for the prized picks, and said: "There could be some massive clubs coming down from the Premier League, maybe both Newcastle and Middlesbrough, and they will bring with them parachute payments.

"Then you look at some of the other teams already in the Championship and there are some big clubs there who have been in the Premier like ourselves not too long ago. It's going to be a tough market to compete in."

Loan players Jack Hobbs and Wayne Brown have already tied up contracts at Leicester ahead of Saturday's final match of the League One campaign at Crewe.

And Walsh is optimistic that another loan player, Arsenal man Kerrea Gilbert, will become a permanent signing at the Walkers Stadium.

Walsh said: "We'd be more than delighted if he joined us and hopefully we can do something in the summer."

would be good if he does come, his passing is poor at times but his general defensive ability is very good, under-rated this season imo by a few people.

and i think it showed when he and cleverly where at the game friday that they wanted to be part of what was happening and have generally enjoyed their time here.

Chief scout Steve Walsh has just returned from a spying mission in Europe to watch one of the targets already identified.

Hahahahaha! A spying mission. I hope it actually was and he spent his time exiting hotels through the laundry chute whilst on the run from Interpol.

I am confident that the signings will be top quality if he looked at Zola/Drogba in his Chelsea days.

Always confident in his ability when we signed Tunchev as well. :thumbup:

I thought the same when I was reading the article. His record for bringing in players from abroad is top notch so I'm excited to see who he brings in.

Good news about Gilbert as well, he's been good at right-back this season. Solid defensively and not afraid to get forward either. He also seems to have really enjoyed his time here so would be a good signing in my opinion.

Lewandowski is signing so I hear....

Finners snapped him up on a free.

You're joking with me aren't you ?! Lewandowski the Polish international, who's playing for Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Cup semi tonight - coming to City - ha ha !! And who is "Finners" ?

You're joking with me aren't you ?! Lewandowski the Polish international, who's playing for Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Cup semi tonight - coming to City - ha ha !! And who is "Finners" ?

Finners works for the club. He leaks all the information on here. He has given us the heads up on most of our signings. Anyone would think he is a Football Manager addict the amount of knowledge he has. He was also capped at youth level for Wales.

I believe it is true. We will have to wait and see on this one mate.

Being the football clubs' manager, Nigel gets most of the accolades for the clubs' success, but he always acknowledges the great job done by his supporting staff.

However, I didn't realise that chief scout Steve Walsh had such a quality pedigree. I reckon we are blessed to have such a great talent spotter. I was surprised to read his pedigree, ex Chelsea & Newcastle. Played a significant role in taking Zola & Drogba to Chelsea. Until now I didn't know who managed to bring The Tunch to City, I thought it was down to MM, due to his Eastern European nationality & contacts.

Add to that Craig Shakespeare who is doing a good job as Nigels' assistant, Mike Stowell who I rate as a goalkeeping coach, & Peter Shirtliffe bringing on the youngsters, we have a fantastic team behind the players. I see us being in with a realistic chance of a top 6 place next season.

Returning to the subject of Gilbert, I would be very happy if we do sign him as a permanent player. He did look a bit wanting at times, but he is still learning, & can only get better.

I hope we can also bring back Cleverley & also Stockdale or David Martin or ideally both of them, as IMO we do need 2 keepers.

CHAMPIONS!

Being the football clubs' manager, Nigel gets most of the accolades for the clubs' success, but he always acknowledges the great job done by his supporting staff.

However, I didn't realise that chief scout Steve Walsh had such a quality pedigree. I reckon we are blessed to have such a great talent spotter. I was surprised to read his pedigree, ex Chelsea & Newcastle. Played a significant role in taking Zola & Drogba to Chelsea. Until now I didn't know who managed to bring The Tunch to City, I thought it was down to MM, due to his Eastern European nationality & contacts.

Add to that Craig Shakespeare who is doing a good job as Nigels' assistant, Mike Stowell who I rate as a goalkeeping coach, & Peter Shirtliffe bringing on the youngsters, we have a fantastic team behind the players. I see us being in with a realistic chance of a top 6 place next season.

Returning to the subject of Gilbert, I would be very happy if we do sign him as a permanent player. He did look a bit wanting at times, but he is still learning, & can only get better.

I hope we can also bring back Cleverley & also Stockdale or David Martin or ideally both of them, as IMO we do need 2 keepers.

CHAMPIONS!

I don't think he's one of ours - Steve Beaglehole is the Academy Coach, he's also Manager of Northern Ireland's U21 team

I like how it's gone from "Steve Walsh tracked the progress of Drogba and Zola" to "Steve Walsh singlehandedly got them down Stamford Bridge" in the matter of a few posts lol

Is the polish player the one who is being scouted? Does anyone know?

I'm telling you, Finners has spoken. He has told me that Robert Lewandowski is on his way to Leicester.

He hasn't been wrong so far. You could even message him about it, he will give you all the info.

:thumbup:

Robert Lewandowski?

I heard about him on IMscouting, he is one of the biggest hopes of the Polish football.

He scored (so far) 11 goals on 25 league appearances, and also won 7 caps in the Polish national team and has allready scored 3 goals.

Archived