Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

What are you listening to?

Very middle of the road but, The Best of Van Morrison.

Sings to my soul.

I told my daughter once that "Brown Eyed Girl" was a song that made me think of her. She memorised the words and I caught her singing to the track several years later and she said "this is your song for me, dad". :cry:

• Like 4

On 28/12/2023 at 18:48, Parafox said:

Very middle of the road but, The Best of Van Morrison.

Sings to my soul.

I told my daughter once that "Brown Eyed Girl" was a song that made me think of her. She memorised the words and I caught her singing to the track several years later and she said "this is your song for me, dad". :cry:

His music fits the film "Belfast" brilliantly.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2023 at 21:21, Dr Marco said:

Mark Knopfler goes under the radar quite a bit but his song writing, music arrangements and guitar playing is something ethereal IMO.

This is one of his best.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

On 05/12/2023 at 11:50, purpleronnie said:

image.png.29610b28e389b142ff3f2c4a77c6f577.png

Definitely the best ' later ' Dylan album IMHO ( prefer the 60s  stuff personally  ).

As I remember this was written during /after his marriage split, and I think journos termed it his palimony  album.

My first real girlfriend bought me this 6 Months before binning me  and it always retains that ' separation ' feel to this day. 

Beautiful  album nonetheless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Possibly their best?

Certainly one of mine. There was a compilation programme of them at the BBC a few years back which is where I saw this version for the first time. I am always quite surprised to hear how much Stipe dislikes himself in terms of performance. I think this and many others are an example of why he was the probably the best of his generation lyrically and live. 

• Like 1